Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Vampire: Princes of the Eastern March (IC)  (Read 3156 times)

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire: Princes of the Eastern March (IC)
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 01:05:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:18:12 pm by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 06:20:52 am »

Prologue: The Journey to the North

Virgil shops around, looking for a place that sells light armour (4 armour points or less) while Roger sees if he can makes some contacts.

The towns along the road seem to sell a small amount of light armour with costs varying between suppliers. [10] The cheapest you were able to find was selling for 170C*, an outrageously inflated price. A little questioning reveals that a group of merchants have been buying up the stock of nearly every armourer in the region leaving only a few pieces here and there for others. [2] For all of Roger's experience, he fails to understand the customs of the land. Not only does he alienate many possible contacts throughout the journey, word of his reputation seem to reach towns before you even arrive. You don't even know what kind of rumours will be around by the time you get to Yaroslav.

During the journey, Donnchadh mainly sat in the caravan, reading some book about the specific places they were and occasionally picking up a few exotic-looking plants and stones. Maybe he even conversed with local mages or occultists to swap ideas. Perhaps the occultist they're travelling with.

[4] While you enjoy your books and are able to carry out a few conversations, the road you take seems to be oddly lacking in exotic minerals or plants.

Rupert merely contents himself with the ride, occasionally hunting bandits to slake his thirst.

[12] While the road is usually lacking in bandits, Rupert does catch a sheep-rustler out on his lonesome. You easily overpower him and return the sheep to their rightful owner, without anyone the wiser to your intervention. You store away some of his blood in a few bottles found with him.

Gained Bottle (Blood) x4

Ahhh, going around towns he will never visit again. Mardak liked that. He really did. For that he could do things that would have been ill-advised to do in a place where he was supposed to make a reputation...

Mardak and his followers will be ever-vigilant for possible victims. Some poor sod walking alone in the dark? Perfect! It would be a matter of silently applying the club to the head, and performing the enthralling process, while threatening the victim with the crossbow.

[6+2] While you personally are unable to find any possible candidates, your small army of thralls locates three souls. A heavily armed mercenary on patrol and two peasants out on a stroll. Unfortunately, your thralls lack any common sense and attack all three. While the peasants are incapacitated, they make far too much noise and you are unable to enthrall them before more townsmen arrive. Two of the thralls that attacked the mercenary have died although the survivors are able to incapacitate the man. After a short ritual, you induct him into your Herd of mortals.

You have lost two thralls [Peasant].
You have gained a thrall [Soldier].

Francois explores the towns looking for interesting people. The kind of people will skills he could use. The kind of people who could do great things, but are trapped by their circumstance. Francois knows these people when he sees them. He approaches these people, if he were to find some, and offer them a place in his new haven.

While not in towns, Francois discusses with Donnchadh and Mardak many occult topics. Francois, who is not as educated on the Occult, hopes to learn something from these more magus types, but mostly just enjoys the stimulating conversation. [/b

[16] You find several people you believe you could use. A smith's apprentice, that seems far more skilled than the smith employing him; a former smuggler currently indebted to a town mayor and most interesting of all, a hedgewitch, a practitioner of weak hexes and boons. Self-taught, apparently. While all are willing to come with you, all would require 80C to begin their lives in the city.

Vayne will be visit the graves of each of the towns, as she finds herself comfortable listening to the voice of the dead.  She use her minions and to help ambush a graves-keeper, kill him and take his soul. Then she will bring back an undead corpse to the best of her capabilities. If any time left she will attempt to befriend the lovely crows.((she'll come up with a name for it later.))

[19] The graveyards amongst the towns are like second-homes to Vayne. During the caravan's stops, she finds herself traveling the streets to where the graveyards should be and indeed, were. The dead were her favoured friends; people from every age and of every age, of many lives forever gone. She spoke with children and elders; men and women. Some were saints, others sinners. Whoever they had been in life, they were now buried in the dirt, regardless of their wealth or status.

Such discussions were of course interrupted by the local grave-keepers. After meeting Vayne and her servitors however, they were much less troublesome. True they were angry, but at least they couldn't do anything about it. While it is currently impossible to raise them, Vayne adds their corpses to her collection and stores their souls away for later use. She even finds a few extra phylacteries on the body of one of her victims.

Gained Corpses x3
 Gained Souls x3
 Gained Phylacteries (Empty) x2

Spoiler: Donnchadh MacSeoin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: François Du Gris (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mardak Riltierd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rupert Reiher (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virgil Torelli (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vayne (click to show/hide)

C= Currency
[Only players wit open-ended results need to post. Additional actions may be posted if desired.]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:20:13 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 06:37:58 am »

Send Roger to publicly buy the armour while I sneak into a rich guy's home and rob the place.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 09:49:42 am »

Reveal to them my nature and offer them the gifts I posses. (If applicable, use my +1 on intimidation).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:41:52 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 02:32:11 am »

Continue hunting criminals and the like for sustenance.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 04:06:46 am »

During the time his carriage was travelling, Donnchadh was still looking for inspiration. Didn't they say travelling opens the mind? There were various times he opened his notebook, took out his quill, and then put both away after a few hours, neither used for anything other than looking rather strange to his companions.

Looking out at some rural town, Donnchadh noticed something; A burly workman, carrying two heavy-looking logs in his arms. He was sweating profusely, panting tiredly, and all manner of other signs he was quite fatigued. An idea occurred to him. Would it not be grand if there was some form of machinery to replace these sorts of workmen? A machine could not get tired, bored, and would only need sustenance in the form of water, to create steam. He set to work immediately: Creating the form, the structure of his idea, in ink now, in metal later.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 07:47:52 pm »

That was... slightly unfortunate. But mardak could clearly capitalize on the opportunity that the soldier bringed.

Attempt two at gathering more slaves:

This is going to have a more elaborate strategy. The soldier slave will ask isolated peasants to follow him to a somewhat secluded place where the rest of the gang and Mardak will be waiting to ambush the slaves-to-be. Of course, intimidation will be the first tactic, before resorting to physical violence.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 01:21:26 am »

Vayne will use two flesh and bones of 3 corpses (preferably the one's that are not perseved) to make a single undead monster, using one human soul. She will give it the task of being her bodyguard and protecting her from danger.
"Yes... I'll make you a better one.... you don't want that part.... you sure? Fine.... whatever..."
Vayne replies to the voices, as she creating it according to it's liking.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:28:34 am by Vacio »
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 09:31:08 pm »

Prologue: The Journey to the North

Send Roger to publicly buy the armour while I sneak into a rich guy's home and rob the place.

Roger diligently purchases a set of leather at one of the few towns before Yaroslav.

[11+4] You also personally take a stroll down one noble's courtyard, relieving her of a few dainty possessions while you're at it. Course, as much as you wanted to, you couldn't take everything. You are able to get a few trinkets from a lady's bedroom before you hear the sound of footsteps approaching. The noise of clanking armour and pikes are also good enough reasons to leave.

Gained Hardened Leather Set
Lost 170C
Gained 100C
Gained Assorted Trinkets

Reveal to them my nature and offer them the gifts I posses. (If applicable, use my +1 on intimidation).

[5] The apprentice's reaction is what you would expect from superstitious countryfolk. Suffice to say, The caravan was quickly forced to flee the town. You have a feeling Kyron isn't particularly pleased about this.
[10] The smuggler refuses your gift outright but is still willing to work with you on the condition that he is given an extra 20C
[11] The hedgewitch is somewhat fascinated but ultimately declines the gift but is will still travel with you if you are willing to supply...subjects to her every now and then. She waives away the fee 80C she previously asked for.

During the time his carriage was travelling, Donnchadh was still looking for inspiration. Didn't they say travelling opens the mind? There were various times he opened his notebook, took out his quill, and then put both away after a few hours, neither used for anything other than looking rather strange to his companions.

Looking out at some rural town, Donnchadh noticed something; A burly workman, carrying two heavy-looking logs in his arms. He was sweating profusely, panting tiredly, and all manner of other signs he was quite fatigued. An idea occurred to him. Would it not be grand if there was some form of machinery to replace these sorts of workmen? A machine could not get tired, bored, and would only need sustenance in the form of water, to create steam. He set to work immediately: Creating the form, the structure of his idea, in ink now, in metal later.

[19+1 (!)] Donnchadh, through a combination of skill, knowledge and random luck, creates the very image of a functioning automaton like those used by the old Empire. Unlike those older models, these ones are far more flexible and could potentially lift a larger amount if properly built...of course more materials would have to be used, true, but a machine like this would be worth every scrap.

That was... slightly unfortunate. But mardak could clearly capitalize on the opportunity that the soldier bringed.

Attempt two at gathering more slaves:

This is going to have a more elaborate strategy. The soldier slave will ask isolated peasants to follow him to a somewhat secluded place where the rest of the gang and Mardak will be waiting to ambush the slaves-to-be. Of course, intimidation will be the first tactic, before resorting to physical violence.

[2+1] Your soldier is far too...brutish for your liking. Not only does he terrify the first few peasants, he eventually tries dragging one over to the rest of your thralls. A short scrap followed by a few screams soon leads to the all too convenient arrival of the guards, who dispatch your thrall. Thankfully, the rest of your thralls are still intact.

-1 Thrall [Soldier]

Vayne will use two flesh and bones of 3 corpses (preferably the one's that are not perseved) to make a single undead monster, using one human soul. She will give it the task of being her bodyguard and protecting her from danger.
"Yes... I'll make you a better one.... you don't want that part.... you sure? Fine.... whatever..."
Vayne replies to the voices, as she creating it according to it's liking.

You begin planning. Unfortunately, the creation of a bonegolem would be difficult while constantly on the move and you decide to wait until you arrive at your destination.

[All actions done; just waiting on Francois to finish his decision. Please do not post any actions unless you are Francois.]

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 10:39:34 pm »

Prologue: Arrival

The last few days of the journey are quiet, save for the usual conversations. No towns are cited along the way and yet the smell of humanity is always slightly present in the night air. With Kyron's stock of blood running low, it is almost necessary for the hunt to begin anew.

Thankfully, as you travel, the tell-tale marks of civilisation soon become apparent. The dirt road hewn from years of use is slowly being replaced by stone and small sections of it are even bordered by fences. The shadowy woods that have become a constant sight to all of you have thinned out to a woodland where light can actually touch the ground. Travelers too are becoming ever more so frequent, odd at such late hours. Kyron tells you that there are even more during the day, several with hired mercs. Yaroslav was nearby, it seemed.

Of course, by midnight, the road is empty save for your caravan. You can make out the lights of Yaroslav, a few miles away. High above the city. the full moon shines brightly.

Just as you reach the village of Little Artaz, a scent fills the air. To some, it seems odd and completely revolting. Other, more experienced vampires know the scent for what it truly is.

Werewolves.

Just as you take in the scent, two of the beasts leap from both sides of the road.

[9][19] Kyron's servitors are no match for the werewolf on the right and are easily dispatched. The other one, thankfully, is parried by Kyron's own blade.

[8+2] Fracnois detects a slightly less repugnant scent from the south...

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 02:07:17 am »

Shoot one with the crossbow. Roger watches my back.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 02:40:52 am »

Donnchadh glared at the attackers. Damn mutts. Did these canine vermin not realize they were outnumbered 2 to 8? Did they not realize among those they were fighting were a great warrior, a fully trained sorcerer, and an elder vampire? No, he wouldn't accept this was just some random suicide charge. Werewolves weren't that dumb. Donnchadh stands back from all the fighting, maybe firing a shot or two at the right one with his flamespear, looking out for a more substantial threat.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 06:09:55 am »

((Damned luck))

Mardak takes the crossbow and begins to fire at the other werewolf, while ordering his thralls (one of them armed with a club) to be around him, eventually serving as meat-shields.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 06:19:01 am »

Rupert does what he does best: Turning the melee with the werewolves into the inside of a blender, with him as the blades.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 10:55:56 am »

I pay the extra 20 and take both the witch and the smuggler.

Try to remember if I've smelled that smell before and remember what it is. He turns into a mist and floats towards a wolf. When close enough to stab, he rematerializes and stabs it.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3