Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

how many days should we wait for actions?

- 3 (50%)
- 1 (16.7%)
- 0 (0%)
other(post below)
- 2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Demon hunters turn 2 (there is now a waitlist)  (Read 11985 times)

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon hunters 6/12 no more ninjas please
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2015, 09:48:52 pm »

Character: Ronald Boots
Description: A hulking mass of muscle and stupidity, he got into this business punchin' uglies and that's how he wants to go down. He has some clunky/heavy armor covering head to toe. Looking into the eye holes of his strangely bucket-like helmet will reveal dull brown eyes and out from under his helmet you can see his long flowing brown mane.
Stats: Strength 5
Dex:0
Con:0
Wil:0
Sup:0
Skills:
Unarmed:10
Armor/Shield:10
Equipment:
Massive clunky armor(wt 5) Pain-Killers(x5)(wt.5?) Brass knuckles(1h)(wt.1) Bandages(x5)(wt.5?) Unwieldy Shield(wt.5)
Okay so I have no clue if this meets the standards, but I hope it does, tell me if it could use some work.
that good,but I choose the weight,hands used and amount of uses for items,will add you when I get to a computer.
This will be fun
Haha sorry, kind of just assumed that we had to guess the weight haha, if I have extra weight slots, would it be possible to carry a backpack to carry all his extra stuff in? Also can I use brass knuckles and still be considered unarmed? If not, is there any weapon I can that counts for unarmed?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Demon hunters 6/12 no more ninjas please
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2015, 09:59:14 pm »

Yes,brass knuckles use unarmed combat skill,and you don't need a backpack
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Demon hunters 7/12 no more ninjas please
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2015, 12:49:31 am »

Still accepting?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2015, 02:49:26 am »

Could I get a quick explanation of what the numbers next to the equipment mean? Unless I missed an explanation somewhere on the thread.
Edit: Also I think I'm carrying 9 WT. not 8 from the numbers on the Equipment. 1 wt from the brass knuckles, 3 wt from the shield and 5 wt from the armor, please tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought I should double check.
Edit2: Sorry, didn't see what you said at the very top of the characters tab, my bad.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:27:27 pm by ttlovepie »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2015, 03:46:57 pm »

Still accepting?

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
yes, added you

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: Demon hunters 8/12 no more ninjas please
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2015, 10:03:47 am »

Sorry for double posting again

The game is starting in 2 days unless waiting gets majority in the poll

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2015, 08:57:12 pm »

Wait, so if someone kills the Demon someone else becomes the Demon? How do we win exactly then?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2015, 09:19:26 pm »

getting the artifact and using that to kill the demon
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2015, 09:41:23 pm »

Okay this is what it says about the artifact in regards to the demon:
There are 3 ways to defeat the demon with the artifact
1.kill the demon with it(warning: for each non-possessed hunter killed by the artifact, the demon gets +1 to all stats)
2.perform a 2 turn ritual in the sanctum
3.use the artifact to teleport everyone to the sanctum to kill the demon, this breaks the artifact
So is it that we win by defeating the Demon with it, performing a ritual in the sanctum, or killing it in the sanctum? Is it about killing it in the sanctum? Or can we attack it anywhere with the artifact and kill it?  If someone without the artifact strikes the killing blow does someone else get possessed? Sorry, if this seems obvious, I'm just having a little trouble processing what this exactly means. (Also if the Demon can just hold onto a piece of an artifact what prevents it from just continually running away until we get killed by monsters?)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2015, 11:13:49 pm »

Okay this is what it says about the artifact in regards to the demon:
There are 3 ways to defeat the demon with the artifact
1.kill the demon with it(warning: for each non-possessed hunter killed by the artifact, the demon gets +1 to all stats)
2.perform a 2 turn ritual in the sanctum
3.use the artifact to teleport everyone to the sanctum to kill the demon, this breaks the artifact
So is it that we win by defeating the Demon with it, performing a ritual in the sanctum, or killing it in the sanctum? Is it about killing it in the sanctum? Or can we attack it anywhere with the artifact and kill it?  If someone without the artifact strikes the killing blow does someone else get possessed? Sorry, if this seems obvious, I'm just having a little trouble processing what this exactly means. (Also if the Demon can just hold onto a piece of an artifact what prevents it from just continually running away until we get killed by monsters?)
if the artifact is used to kill the demon all living hunters win and the 4 pieces don't need to be in the same place

anyway, I said the game would be starting today so here it is

TURN 1:
Notes:
everyone is in the center of the map
the white triangles are the stairs
the colored icons on the edges are the elemental shrines
the colored icons in the forests are locations of magical weapons, they are defended
the black dots are monsters, they get activated when you get close, they don't do anything until then
no combat/demon abilities on turn 1

if you don't post an action within a certain period of time(determined by new poll)you will follow the closest person and defend yourself

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon hunters turn 1 (there is now a waitlist)
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2015, 11:51:34 pm »

The faster we get the pieces together, the less Demon shenanigans that can occur. Since we have at least 2 people that can heal well I think it'd be best if split into two groups of four and go for the clearest path to the shrines. That should be more than enough to take care of whatever we go up against. If you think this is a good idea than the purple and red path look to be clear, that way we'll only have to fight one monster.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:19:26 am by ttlovepie »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2015, 12:32:29 am »

I'm with you on that, I'll lead a group to the red path, I want a warrior, a healer, and some other ranged person I'm a ninja so maybe not one of thoose though we have a lot of them.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:54:27 am by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2015, 12:46:29 am »

I'm with you on that, I'll lead a group to the red path, I want a warrior, a healer, me, a ninja, and some other ranged person.
Unfortunately there's only 8 people so if you want to have a group of 5 the other will only have 3.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2015, 12:53:13 am »

Oops I meant I am a ninja so only four.

ttlovepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2015, 12:56:25 am »

Then I'll lead the troop to the purple zone, A healer and a ranged would definitely be preferable at the minimum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8