Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33230 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Dead zone
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2015, 04:58:29 pm »

Medics, do you-
He notices Alex.
Vanessa, do you need help hauling people to safety? It looks like your partner's occupied at the second.
If yes, help carry bodies to wherever Vanessa wants. If no Afterwards, stagger my way to the elevator
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:26:00 pm by AkumaKasai »

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2015, 05:47:21 pm »

Try very, very hard not to be dead. If I can, do a quick check over myself and don't move much. Probably be dead though.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2015, 05:55:33 pm »

Medics, do you-
He notices Alex.
Vanessa, do you need help hauling people to safety? It looks like your partner's occupied at the second.
If yes, help carry bodies. If no, stagger my way to the elevator
I would appreciate the help, yes. The sooner we act the better.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2015, 06:31:46 pm »

Medics, do you-
He notices Alex.
If yes, help carry bodies. If no, stagger my way to the elevator
I would appreciate the help, yes. The sooner we act the better.
Of course. The sooner they're in the shuttle, and we're all inside the colony, the better. I'm looking forwards to silencing whatever made that godawful sound.

Nunzillor

« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2015, 07:30:34 pm »

Combdamn that smarts.  If this thing isn't a superweapon now, it will be when we get it back to Steve.

"We should help the living.  Not the dead."

Tek helped Judas to the elevator.  "Take this, please.  It may help."

Administer coagulant to Judas.  Borrow advanced kit from Alex.  Let the sods handle the dead.  Get to elevator.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:47:52 pm by Nunzillor »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2015, 08:03:33 pm »

Lars spoke again to Miyamoto.  "Brilliant plan as always, Holy General.  I will pass that along."

He switched back to everyone.  "Brothers and sisters, General Miyamoto suggests we shut down all external microphones and rely on suit radios only."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2015, 09:27:04 pm »

Am I dead? Please don't be dead... Attempt to regain consciousness, get up. If I do so, head down the elevator with the rest of the folks. Otherwise, get some help. Also, if I cannot awaken, attempt to avoid further mindfuck.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:28:37 pm by HavingPhun »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2015, 02:47:02 am »

I let others see me again and stumble on to the elevator, examining myself and my teammates to see what just happened to us.
Quote from: Lyra to 22
Microbe no ears melt. Sound symptom not cause. vibration maybe. magic maybe.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2015, 03:18:53 am »

Don't bother turning off your mics. The suit's internal speakers shouldn't be powerful enough to transmit a sound capable of harming someone, beyond some minor ear damage. The harmful sound isn't coming through your mic's, it's passing through the suits themselves.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2015, 07:46:59 am »

Cling to my miserable life/consciousness like a barnacle to the hull of an old-fashioned pirate ship.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2015, 08:33:16 am »

Combdamn that smarts.  If this thing isn't a superweapon now, it will be when we get it back to Steve.

Administer coagulant to Judas.  Borrow advanced kit from Alex.  Let the sods handle the dead.  Get to elevator.
Asist Tek in getting me to the elevator and treating myself

"Guess I found out what happened here firsthand."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2015, 09:02:18 am »

:Still kinda strange that everyone up here seems to have died on the spot without exception (not gonna say soupified, that might have happened after their deaths due to repeated pulses), while many of us are mostly fine. Maybe there's something that changed in the past few hours, made the effect weaker. Maybe related to the fact that there aren't as many people around.:

:Or maybe there's still some part of this we're missing, maybe the deaths of those people were caused by a combination of factors. Like maybe the fact that they were here longer than us. Maybe they were exposed to some sort of space magic radiation. Or maybe we have been so close to space magic for so long we've become resistant to it.:

:Either way, we should remain careful with whatever we encounter down there. Because one of those things might be whatever killed those guys. One wrong move and we may end up a pile of man-soup.:

((Edited action heavily in the last 24 hours. Think I've settled on a combination of actions for now.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2015, 06:30:19 pm »

I doubt it's a matter of immunity. Excluding my amp, I've never been exposed to "space magic", and I was barely affected. Could be a matter of distance. That sound came from somewhere underground, so there's plenty of rock shielding us from it. However, if whatever made it started outside and worked its way in, anyone out here would be completely unprotected. I expect it could've wiped out everyone pretty quickly once it got down the elevator.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2015, 05:58:22 pm »

:Oh, great, we're on a time limit. Well, no need to panic ladies. This thing doesn't happen often. Sods have been down here for some time and they were fine. So that means that our fine medics will have plenty of time to stich your asses back up and get you back to combat ready.:

:Vanessa and the rest of the medics, get the fixables to the elevator. Do what you can now to stop them from dying. You can finish healing them when we go down if they need surgery, cause then we'll have atmosphere.:

:The unfixables go to the shuttle for a quick trip to the infirmary. Come on, move it.:

What happened to the sods?
What about the Hydra Heads of the Rainbow Cannon, did they react to the pulse in any way?
And the goo, did it react to the pulse in any way?
What if I play Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher to it?
If it does, we could make millions selling dancing Toasters.

Scan people with CamEyes and provide info/x-ray scans/etc. to anyone who would benefit from it (probably the medics).

Aid medics in moving of fixable bodies to the elevator, then go down.

Edit: And get a few of those corrosive/explosive barrels and put them on the elevator if there's time (as far away from us as possible). Just in case we need to blow something up. Because one can never have enough explosives.

A few of them seem to be dead, but others are standing. There don't appear to be any that are between those two states. The Gunnerbots are dead though.

They don't seem to have.

Nope.

Nothing. Philistines.

Sure
Sure
Sure.

"...ok, what in the name of FUCK was that?"

Try to pinpoint the source of...whatever the hell that was that caused some of my teammates to start doubling over and generally not have a good time. Otherwise help move bodies either to the shuttle or the elevator depending on if they're just unconscious or dead, then follow the team down. Finally, set suit to record external sounds for if whatever that was repeats so Steve can analyze.
From below, but thats all you can tell. The suit is already recording external sounds along with the camera and steve says he couldn't hear anything on it.

:That settles it. Whatever it was that did this was something not entirely natural. That sound ... someone who is still alive record it and analyze. Send it to Steve or something, it may have a connection to the cause of this.:

In response to the 'move the bodies' order: :Roger. If this slime and the air particulates aren't spread through the whole planet I'd recommend moving them out of there, there may be an improvement in their condition once they've exited the area.:

Get any of the people who have fallen and are unresponsive over to the shuttle, and get the people who are still somewhat responsive over to the elevator. Do this with help from teammates.
Then presumably go down on the elevator, trying to determine what's wrong with our more injured people and if I can fix it at all.

You grab the bodies that don't respond to a good firm prodding and drag them to the shuttle before heading to the elevator. Those bodies are:

Jobasio
Kai
Ian
Ben
And alex is barely responsive, but too near death to worry about.

"Ugggh fuck its gonna be one of those missions. Alright."

Get stabilized by my mk3 suit, then wait for the medics to decide who's dead and who's just sleeping and help move them to their proper places.
The MKIII buzzes and whirs, injecting pain killers and stabilizers until you're feeling alright again. You feel sluggish, even though you're not in pain, and your hands are shaking. Muscle damage, probably.

"Algis, we beg your shielding hands to cover us!  Okay medics, Vanessa and Alex, get those who can't go on safe near a shuttle.  Everyone else, if you're able, get to the elevator because we go NOW.  Move with the speed of Vo-Nos!"

If it's not here, call the elevator.  Herd healthy teammates to the elevator and go down.  Don't wait around.  Turn off external microphones.  Pray to Algis for protection for the team.

He switched to Miyamoto's coms.  "General Miyamoto, there's something below that is generating an odd sound, that caused much of the team to collapse.  We are moving quickly as possible; will split into two teams once we are down with those that are able."

That done, he switched to a private channel to Dubley and Flint.  "Dubley and Flint, are you two well?  We will be splitting into two groups once we get below.  Dubley, if you are able, you will be leading the other group.  If not, I will have Flint do so."
We'll wait till the end of the turn to do this, but we'll do it.
Prepare for elevator ride. Eyeball the elevator. Is it on our floor? If not, send the message below to Lars.

EDIT: Also do the turn-down-suit-microphones thing if it doesn't take a roll

Quote from: Message to: Lars
Should we call up the elevator? Time is short.
It's there.

Check status of sods and gunnerbots. Ask Steve if he also recorded that sound that assailed our team, and if yes, if he can tell me more about it (pitch, tune, whatever stands out).

"Algis, we beg your shielding hands to cover us!  Okay medics, Vanessa and Alex, get those who can't go on safe near a shuttle.  Everyone else, if you're able, get to the elevator because we go NOW.  Move with the speed of Vo-Nos!"

If it's not here, call the elevator.  Herd healthy teammates to the elevator and go down.  Don't wait around.  Pray to Algis for protection for the team.

He switched to Miyamoto's coms.  "General Miyamoto, there's something below that is generating an odd sound, that caused much of the team to collapse.  We are moving quickly as possible; will split into two teams once we are down with those that are able."

That done, he switched to a private channel to Dubley and Flint.  "Dubley and Flint, are you two well?  We will be splitting into two groups once we get below.  Dubley, if you are able, you will be leading the other group.  If not, I will have Flint do so."

"Yeah, I rather noticed from the camviews. I'm checking on the sods, and if those are ok then I'll have them take care of the wounded and dead. One of 'em should know some first aid or whatever. You could try blocking outside audio to block a second wave, though I doubt it'll help much. Still, you have your radios, so coms won't be disturbed. Once you're down I'll also have them check the shuttles, to be sure."

Gunnerbots are dead, sods are about 30/70 dead to alive.

Steve heard nothing.
Medics, do you-
He notices Alex.
If yes, help carry bodies to wherever Vanessa wants. If no Afterwards, stagger my way to the elevator
Elevator it is

Done and elevator
I let others see me again and stumble on to the elevator, examining myself and my teammates to see what just happened to us.
Quote from: Lyra to 22
Microbe no ears melt. Sound symptom not cause. vibration maybe. magic maybe.
You get to the elevator but you're not really feeling well enough to do much of anything.

Lars starts the elevator and it descends into the depths, very very slowly. He, however, neglected to say which floor he would like to go to. There are 25.  1 is the highest, 25 the lowest. Make your choice Lars, we'll pick up from there.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2015, 06:45:28 pm »

((Well, looks like I'm not going to see or do much this mission.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23