Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: LFP Lets learn 5th edition together! Princes of the Apocalypse! 3/6 Players  (Read 11299 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, yes, sorry. That makes much more sense.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since we have two melee fighters and a cleric I'll probably make a wizard when I have the time to actually do that.... not sure when I will have the time though as I have pathfinder tonight and work all day today, then work all day tomorrow before this game so... yeah
Nom nom nom

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Harry: I would recommend taking a dagger instead of a club: you can use Dexterity instead of Strength for both attack and damage. It's what I have in my back pocket, in case I have to go spell-less.

I've got Shillelagh as a cantrip, which gives it 1d8 damage (and makes it magical) and makes it use Wisdom for attack and damage. And coincidentally the Dagda's signature weapon is also a club of magical power. And since cantrips in 5e can be used at will, well. Only problem is that Shillelagh needs material components, namely a sprig of mistletoe and a shamrock leaf, but as far as I could tell they're not consumed, so I can just as well do with my sprig of mistletoe focus alone according to the rules.

In any case I plan on grabbing a scimitar, which also happens to be a finesse weapon as well as a druid weapon, as soon as we are able. If we don't start out being captured or something it ought to be fine. That, and I'll have Wild Shape and Circle of the Moon pretty soon anyway.

Basically if you have a component pouch your good to go. If not then you have to make sure you are carrying some with you as it is used up.

It costs 25 gold to get a component pouch.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Basically if you have a component pouch your good to go. If not then you have to make sure you are carrying some with you as it is used up.

Player's Handbook said I need a component pouch or a druidic focus. Don't have it on me presently, but it did say that if I recall correctly.

Not that shamrocks are hard to find in any case, of course.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Player's Handbook said I need a component pouch or a druidic focus. Don't have it on me presently, but it did say that if I recall correctly.

Not that shamrocks are hard to find in any case, of course.

You are right. It was described to me wrong as there being Component spells and focus spells.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No way I am postponing this game even if I have to work on this all night!

You bet there is going to be a game tomorrow.

I'll PM the game invites tomorrow so check your messages... heck I might send them much sooner then that.

Prepare for a sleepy weepy DM

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Just checked the time difference. It's actually on Monday 4 AM for me if it starts at 4 PM EST. I ain't quitting though! I'll just wake up earlier and sleep earlier. If it lasts for two hours, I think, Nope, it lasts three hours or more.

I can't do this Sundays, because it'll be Monday morning and there's college and everything. I might have to miss the first session. I'm really sorry I didn't check earlier.

I don't wanna be selfish, and I realize its my fault I didn't check earlier, but next session, would you guys mind making it Saturday EST?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, with you not making it, another person not having a sheet done, and me basically blitzing it all finished...

It might be better we do it next week.

As for Saturdays >_< ignoring that I run a pathfinder game on Saturday that I cannot move to any other slot... (well... maybe)

By the by cheesecake we CAN start at 7 and go to 11... 7am to 11am your time

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

It's not really the time; I don't mind having to wake up early. It's just that it'd be Monday and I have school.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Hm. I'm UTC+2, you're UTC-5, Cheesecake's UTC+5 if I haven't missed my mark... oh dear. We're spanning the globe here.

4 PM EST is 11 PM UTC+2, 7 PM EST is 2 AM UTC+2. Not unmanageable for me. I'm partly nocturnal anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not really the time; I don't mind having to wake up early. It's just that it'd be Monday and I have school.

Like... Saturday for now on? Or a one time thing?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't go any earlier than what it is either unfortunately cause while I am only UTC -4, I work until 5pm my time on the weekends, sat/sun/fri.... like if it was an hour later on friday that'd work for me at the least how about you guys?
Nom nom nom

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am flexible with my time to be honest as long as it isn't Saturday ATM. Though nothing is going to get me up in the mornings to play this.

Do we still want to do the session today?

xD I really underestimated the amount of content required to read in this adventure path.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:12:42 am by Neonivek »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Like... Saturday for now on? Or a one time thing?

Saturday (or some other day, seeing as you're busy), since if it's a weekday morning I'd have school to go to.
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14