Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: LFP Lets learn 5th edition together! Princes of the Apocalypse! 3/6 Players  (Read 11252 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello I am Neonivek and I am currently running a pathfinder game but what has been on my mind for quite some time is 5th edition. After delving into the books rather hard core I want to attempt to run it.

Because I am SURE people are sick and tired of the two adventure paths (Hoard of the Dragon Queen, and Rise of Tiamat) I am going to run Princes of the Apocalypse because one it should be fun and two I am sure it will entice a few people. I tried to run a one shot dungeon but lets just say not too many people were interested.

I am a relatively new GM and expect mistakes, expect flubs, and expect me to just entirely ruin a scene once in a while. If you can't handle a GM who makes mistakes you probably should press the ejector seat right now. Otherwise have fun, feel free to tell me things, give me suggestions, what have you. Being a new GM means that I need to be open to suggestions and take what you say into consideration.

Rules
-Level 1
-You don't need to own the books, but if you lack one we need to meet sometime during the week to work on your character and possibly teach you the rules.

How the game will work
-I am hoping for Sunday starting at either 4 or 7 EST and going on for at least three hours or longer. This is flexible but not for Saturday.
-We will use Roll20 where voice will be for OOC and we will type in character. This is also flexible but note I type roleplay far greater then I speak it.
-I will be running the adventure path Princes of the Apocalypse
-I will consider the game playable after we have 4 players, 5 is ideal, and six is just a mercy.
-I don't know what I'll do after the adventure path is over, if I feel confident in my abilities and if you are willing I'll run afterwards.

I will be giving myself two Bumps. After which I will no longer give this bump.

Players:
-My Name is Immaterial (Gone)
-Harry Baldman
-Kilakan
-Flying Dice
-

Reserve (I will PM you when a spot opens up.)
-
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 07:06:10 pm by Neonivek »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

I am in as well.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok so far so good. Glad to have you two aboard.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

So as far as making a character, should I just "find" a copy of the book on the Internet, or what would you suggest? I've never played this path, so I should brush up anyways.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This path is very "roleplay centric" as far as set up is concerned and lacks extra player options beyond a FEW that you can get from another book.

So no you don't really need to find a copy of Princes of the Apocalypse.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Somewhat interested, but I'll see if I can get a nice enough mic first.

Got the mic, now I just need some 5th ed. materials. Am in.

EDIT: yeah, will need a bit of prep time, but I should have a Myth-Weavers sheet up soon enough if the relevant plans go through.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:31:46 pm by Harry Baldman »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WOTC put out 4 races and 4 classes for free.
And no one can PM you the details of other classes. Not at all. Nope.

I'm going to play a Light Cleric of Kossuth, firin' mah lazer at the heretics.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And no one can PM you the details of other classes. Not at all. Nope.

It's all right, already borrowed a PH from a trusted acquaintance.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So far we have a cleric. Though to admit I am not really concerned about 'Two people are the same class! OHH NO!'

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking I'll do a druid, because druids are rather lovely. Maybe a paladin, if that proves to be interesting - haven't read up on it yet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking I'll do a druid, because druids are rather lovely. Maybe a paladin, if that proves to be interesting - haven't read up on it yet.

I should probably give you a list of appropriate animals for your Druid.

Honestly I don't know why they relegate it to the monster manual, a book players shouldn't EXACTLY read... but Ehh I am not the ones who wrote the stuff :P

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Although now that I read up on the Monk, that sounds pretty cool as well. Especially the sweet ability to use Dex for attack and damage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Although now that I read up on the Monk, that sounds pretty cool as well. Especially the sweet ability to use Dex for attack and damage.

It isn't unique to the Monk, he just has the ability to do it for a few extra kinds of attacks and weapons that are not normally finesse weapons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How are you disposed toward evil PCs, by the way? Not of the puppy-kicking variety, but in a more pragmatic sense?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14