Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: LFP Lets learn 5th edition together! Princes of the Apocalypse! 3/6 Players  (Read 11289 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

Welcome to the lawful evil club, don't break any rules or we will murder you and your pets :P
I too am considering being lawful evil, but probably a different kind then Cheesecake.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Balasar Blackfire

I'm not sure if there's anything missing from the sheet aside from appearance and bio. Also, is it cool if I made him lawful evil? Think of him and his family like the Malfoys from Harry Potter; haughty, powerful and ignorant. I can change it if you want.

Evil characters NEED to be tempered by common sense, self-preservation, and morals.

They need attachments and obligations.

A evil character without all of those will never be a PC

So, what are your attachments? :P got any loved ones and friends? and no EVIL acquaintances and other evil people don't count.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 02:01:22 pm by Neonivek »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Well, he has got morals. Just doesn't take into account decency or empathy. He won't murder anyone for the lulz, because that would be bad for business. That's common sense. If it's bad for business, then he loses all his money and power. That's self-preservation. He's a paladin of Tiamat, so he has to follow a strict guideline of what's right or wrong.

He loves his family, if that counts. His baby siblings, his parents and the old servants working for them, even if he does act like a tyrant noble. Think of them as a single rusty copper coin underneath all the gold and jewels. They're his real treasure.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

he needs SOME decency and empathy, those are the foundations of morals.

It is why Lawful Evil isn't an easy act to play, you cannot play one unless you got a 3-dimensional non-sociopathic character.

What are his morals?

Mind you Tiamat as far as the setting is concerned is kind of... just despicably evil. Kind of hard to be his paladin and not drown puppies for fun.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Actually, thinking about it, I'll just change him to Lawful Neutral and have him worship Bahamut. He'll still be a jerkass to poor plebs though.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, thinking about it, I'll just change him to Lawful Neutral and have him worship Bahamut. He'll still be a jerkass to poor plebs though.

And there is no rule you can't be a paladin of vengeance :P they aren't alignment based (and thank goodness)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Dig, man, there goes Mack the Druid. Used point buy, half-elf choosable ability bonuses of +1 went to Dex and Wis.

I hope you don't mind that I picked the Daghdha as his patron deity - he's not exactly a main part of Forgotten Realms lore, being a fantasy-historical Celtic deity, but he seemed an appropriate choice, and I figured it shouldn't be too bad given that Tyr, Oghma and all the Egyptian deities do make appearances in Forgotten Realms canon.

Also, Cheesecake - chainmail isn't +16 AC, it just sets you at 16 AC. So you have 18, not 28 AC.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:51:02 pm by Harry Baldman »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Oh... I thought it was 10+armor+shield?
Dying of laughter?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh... I thought it was 10+armor+shield?

You are correct so to speak... But 5e does that work for you and adds the 10.

Also though it isn't absolutely necessary the druid might want to have a dagger.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 10:09:49 pm by Neonivek »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Ah, so that means chainmail is 6 AC? So 10+6+2?
Dying of laughter?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, so that means chainmail is 6 AC? So 10+6+2?

Nope Chainmail is 10+6+Shield

Since chainmail accepts no dex modifier.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Oh, no, the +2 was the shield :P I'll edit my sheet now.
Dying of laughter?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Morgran Gorrun, Hill Dwarf Cleric of Kossuth.
GONNA FIND ME SOME HERESY

Notes on the sheets of others:
Cheesecake: You can't get double proficiency in a skill like that, unless you're a Rogue or Bard, and have Expertise. Also, most of the time, the Attack box next to your weapon is used for the attack roll modifier, which would be +5 for your sword and a DC of 11, I think, for your breath weapon. Finally, I don't think that Abyssal is quite the right language choice for a LN paladin of Bahamut. :P
Harry: I would recommend taking a dagger instead of a club: you can use Dexterity instead of Strength for both attack and damage. It's what I have in my back pocket, in case I have to go spell-less.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Balasar Blackfire, Dragonborn Paladin of Bahamut

^Thanks for the tips, MNiI. I couldn't think of a third language for him, so I went and chose Dwarven. Most paladins are dwarves, am I right?

By the way, I think our party is gonna be basically consisting of Inquisitors. Paladin, Cleric and Druid. Feel the wrath of the gods!
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Harry: I would recommend taking a dagger instead of a club: you can use Dexterity instead of Strength for both attack and damage. It's what I have in my back pocket, in case I have to go spell-less.

I've got Shillelagh as a cantrip, which gives it 1d8 damage (and makes it magical) and makes it use Wisdom for attack and damage. And coincidentally the Dagda's signature weapon is also a club of magical power. And since cantrips in 5e can be used at will, well. Only problem is that Shillelagh needs material components, namely a sprig of mistletoe and a shamrock leaf, but as far as I could tell they're not consumed, so I can just as well do with my sprig of mistletoe focus alone according to the rules.

In any case I plan on grabbing a scimitar, which also happens to be a finesse weapon as well as a druid weapon, as soon as we are able. If we don't start out being captured or something it ought to be fine. That, and I'll have Wild Shape and Circle of the Moon pretty soon anyway.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:03:52 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14