Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 5:In the Dark  (Read 11518 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 2:R&R
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2015, 08:18:00 pm »

Uhhhh, whats wrong with him?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2015, 09:36:57 pm »

"Get the man who just joined with the fungus to fix my vocal synthesizer."
Ox points to the note."I think he broke his voice box. He gave me a quarter."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2015, 09:39:24 pm »

"Blasted outdated literature! Ugh."

Nicholas meditates again, this time focusing on traditional calming and healing exercises.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2015, 11:28:25 pm »

Well I can give it a shot.

I hand RatCarl more paper and ask what is wrong with the device and how to fix it.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2015, 09:57:59 am »

Chap 3:The Pack's
"Fair enough. Comeon Annis."

Gar heads outside to the green, while trying to work out sleeping arrangements. Probably Annis on the couch, with the rest of us trading the bed each day... Perhaps two people on the bed? It is a twin, afterall...
You head outside to contemplate sleeping arrangements as Ox wanders back and forth like a worried father as John inside works on fixing ratCarl, the old man meditates on something or another and a pack of wild dogs starts running down the street towards you.  That last one snaps you out of your contemplation and taking a closer look it appears to be a dozen or so starved looking short humanoids covered in twisted metal and bits of animals running around on all fours.  They appear to be dragging some small animals out of their dens before ripping them apart and feasting on the raw flesh, you shudder as the screams of a rabbit like creature pierces the night air and you hurry everyone back inside before locking the door and then leaning against it.  So much for sleep you think to yourself.

Annis will eat the food and drink the water that was given to her earlier. And then she wants to access her Relay in order to check if there is was any records or saved data on it that may be of use.
Checking through for records you manage to pull up some old info on how before the full collapse it seems that various corporations took over from the local governments, declared themselves independent, made all sorts of biological weapons, pets and other items before completely self-destructing when their bio-armies went rampant from the madness of the white plague.  You realize that you were likely one of the alpha experiments in these trials and wonder if there's legions of independent hyper-intelligent and strong little girls out there some-wheres.  At least, you wonder for a short time before the adults come inside in a panic discussing how there's a pack of twisted small humanoids running on all fours wielding sharped spikes and weaponry moving down the street butchering the local wildlife.
"Blasted outdated literature! Ugh."

Nicholas meditates again, this time focusing on traditional calming and healing exercises.
Deciding to head outside since the fresh air might be a bit better, you begin your exercises in calming.  It's about as relaxing as can be up until you hear a clacking sound coming down the street quickly towards you.  Looking about you see that it's now dark out and decide to head inside, waiting for a moment with the others who were taking in the fresh air you see what appears to be a pack of, well you'd call them goblins but Gar and Ox seem to be far more concerned than they would be for goblins.
Well I can give it a shot.

I hand RatCarl more paper and ask what is wrong with the device and how to fix it.
Using terminology even you don't understand ratCarl proceeds to explain how the vocal synthesizer is a cross-species translation device to allow people's pets the ability to speak back to them.  He goes on to explain how his shorted out a few decades ago after his owner stopped moving and that being a rat that doesn't die of old age was getting extremely lonely.  You get a short speech about how he had a rat wife for awhile but that the other rats no longer want to be around him since he's so much larger now.  He goes on a short tangent in what you assume to be mandarin before coming back to English and asking you to take a look at it.  He easily removes a metallic spheroid from his throat that is connected by a glowing silver-ish wire to what seems to be his spinal cord.

Luckily the fix for you is inanely simply, at some point in the past the sentient rat seems to have accidentally flicked the off switch that isn't visible to him; likely it was put in so that aggravated owners could shut their pets off easily.  You turn it back on and ratCarl starts to thank you before you hear the front door slam and a strange metal-on-metal grating sound from outside which causes ratCarl to hide under the bed with a whimper.
"Get the man who just joined with the fungus to fix my vocal synthesizer."
Ox points to the note."I think he broke his voice box. He gave me a quarter."
ratCarl seems to be relatively excited as you explain the situation to John and proceeds to write further notes to John that seem to make little sense to you.  Heading outside you await the results of ratCarl's operation with baited breath, Carl and the old man seem to be outside enjoying the night air as well before the screams of some small animal cause you to jump.  For a second you think ratCarl is in pain and then real Carl points out the real source with shaking finger.  You see a pack of creatures straight out of one of the horror movies you auditioned for ripping something apart as blood fills the evening air like a red fog.  With a shudder you head inside suddenly exceptionally aware of your lack of weapons, you contemplate breaking apart Carl's kitchen chairs for a club, or the table but realize that anything that breaks will likely never be replaced.

Danger Turn:The wild pack is currently contented with killing local wildlife and has not yet noticed the lights in your apartment.  It is approximately 100 feet down the street and the screams of dying animals are keeping you alert of it's general location. 

quick status:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Database:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 3:The Night's Pack
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2015, 10:35:20 am »

I run to the window and observe the pack. I think to Noj "Noj what are those things?" I had seen one before, and now I knew for sure that I wasn't crazy.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2015, 10:38:51 am »

I run to the window and observe the pack. I think to Noj "Noj what are those things?" I had seen one before, and now I knew for sure that I wasn't crazy.
You get imagery of millions of them overrunning enclaves of people, dragging them out and chopping them up as well as carrying children off in nets.  Unlike the people in the memories who all wear gasmasks, these things seem to breathe the open air freely though they seem to be erratic in behavior, jittery and unnecessarily violent.  Most of the ones in the visions seem to be wearing combat armor and wielding energy/heated metal weapons that cut through steel easily.  As far as you can tell they are humans severely changed by technology or biochemistry but Noj has no memories of what exactly they would be.
Nom nom nom

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2015, 10:49:52 am »

"Sigh... we may have a problem. Those things are headed our way. If I only had my magic..."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2015, 11:36:23 am »

I immediately hit the lights and go to the door to get Ox and Gar.

Get back inside, now! I say at a loud whisper.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2015, 01:17:29 pm »

((I don't think there is a window on the alley)) Ox looks for something to barricade the door. He whispers "Carl, do you have a baseball bat or a crowbar or something? I'll try to hold them off if they start to come through. Maybe a water bottle? I know dogs don't like getting squirted in the face." In the dark, it is hard to tell, but Ox gets a worried look on his face. The others can almost sense it, somehow. "Do you think the robots have gone bad, too?"

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2015, 01:33:10 pm »

((there's basement style windows in all of the rooms except the bathroom.  Aka those tiny 1 ft by 1/2 ft windows high up.))
Nom nom nom

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2015, 02:02:46 pm »

((I think everyones inside now, atleast thats what my part of the update says...))

"Right, lets get these windows sealed up, they should not be able to get through the door... Ah, there may be a few pans in the kitchen, and a crowbar somewhere..."

Gar checks the pistol, grimacing as he does.

"Well, atleast I should he able to hit them with this. Would hate to find out howmany shots it would take... Particularly as we have so few rounds..."

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2015, 02:06:55 pm »

"First of all we should be as quiet as possible, so we do not draw their attention." Annis says whispering. "What makes you think they'll head here?" Annis say worryingly.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2015, 02:47:05 pm »

If we're quiet and lock that big metal door, they shouldn't come anywhere near this place.

I grab a pot, pan, or knife from the kitchen.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2015, 04:38:56 pm »

"In case they do. Never hurts that badly to be prepared for whatever..."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15