Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 5:In the Dark  (Read 11532 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: From The Ashes-Episode 1:Chap 2:R&R
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2015, 01:18:36 pm »

"Hm. One of these days I'm going to have to go over there."

Nicholas attempts to find information-conveying items of some sort in order to learn about this world.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2015, 01:48:38 pm »

Attempt to communicate with the Noj mentally. Ask it about itself.
You get shattered memories of various animals and beings flashing through the back of your mind.  You think some of them have a personality that tries to communicate with you but it inevitably ends up swallowed in a wave of different thoughts.  The only clear impression you are getting from them is that each died at some point in the past and as their bodies lay rotting the Noj rescued the remains of their mind.  Underneath the torrent of thoughts you think you can feel a calm alien entity which you realize to be the original fungus itself.  The exterior minds are slowly pushed to even the outer recesses of your thoughts like a mosquito buzzing around a room leaving you alone with the alien mind.  You get the impression that it has little to say and seems merely concerned with the continued life of it, yourself, and the minds it has brought back from the corpses of the past.  You worry briefly that you too will end up like the shattered beings buzzing around your head but a sense of calm overwhelms you as you get imagery of you one day dying only to raise from the nourishing corpse of yourself to be saved as part of the Noj's body but not until such a time as you die naturally.

"Hm. One of these days I'm going to have to go over there."

Nicholas attempts to find information-conveying items of some sort in order to learn about this world.
You borrow the guides that the halfing has finished reading through... or maybe she's a human child always hard to tell that; and start reading through them a bit yourself.  You learn that this world was quite awful a mere 1000 years ago with people fighting with sword and shield but without any magical abilities.  Disease is a horrendously fought condition here and it seems that the average person is lucky to get past 80 years of age before passing of natural causes.  Quite horrendous all things considered.  Despite this, you can find nothing to indicate why the world is currently the way it is, and it should in fact be literally swarming with mundane, short lived people.  That would at least explain why this group seems to be rather upset and living in a large ruined city.
Nom nom nom

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2015, 03:29:01 pm »

Ox attempts to play fetch with ratCarl. He also places whatever object the two of us are playing with on surfaces above ratCarl's reach to see how well he climbs. then, he will play a shell game with ratCarl, where he puts several objects underneath some debris, to see if ratCarl can pick the interesting ones and find them. He gives lots of praise, but occasionally looks up and examine the evening. He also sticks his head inside and encourages the nerds to come out for some fresh evening air.

"Hey guys, come on out for a little bit. Stretch those legs. no point in being cooped up all evening. Guys? John? Carl? Nicholas? Miss?" Ox tries to remember the little girl's name, but he can't remember if she ever spoke it to him. Maybe she told Carl. Probably. Carl's a swell guy and she seems comfortable with him, anyway.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2015, 03:33:58 pm »

"Fair enough. Comeon Annis."

Gar heads outside to the green, while trying to work out sleeping arrangements. Probably Annis on the couch, with the rest of us trading the bed each day... Perhaps two people on the bed? It is a twin, afterall...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2015, 03:35:42 pm »

I ask it if I should return for the rest of it. I also ask it about how it came into being and what happened with this world.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2015, 04:14:04 pm »

I ask it if I should return for the rest of it. I also ask it about how it came into being and what happened with this world.
It gives you imagery that seems to be straight out of a prehistoric movie, followed by a rapid flashing of hundreds of thousands of years flying by.  It slows down and then plays out a scene of some white robed scientists pouring chemicals over what you think is a slime mold.  The mold is then fed a mouse, and changes over the course of a few decades in the dark into the Noj Specimen.

From this you deduce that it was a mold experiment left inside a lab for 50 years or so before some falling rubble broke open it's containment facility.

It also seems to not care about the rest of itself, as for what happened as far as it can remember it's always been like this.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 04:25:53 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2015, 04:54:51 pm »

Ask it what happens when it is exposed to light.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2015, 04:58:45 pm »

what about my fetch experiments?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2015, 05:10:33 pm »

Ox attempts to play fetch with ratCarl. He also places whatever object the two of us are playing with on surfaces above ratCarl's reach to see how well he climbs. then, he will play a shell game with ratCarl, where he puts several objects underneath some debris, to see if ratCarl can pick the interesting ones and find them. He gives lots of praise, but occasionally looks up and examine the evening. He also sticks his head inside and encourages the nerds to come out for some fresh evening air.

"Hey guys, come on out for a little bit. Stretch those legs. no point in being cooped up all evening. Guys? John? Carl? Nicholas? Miss?" Ox tries to remember the little girl's name, but he can't remember if she ever spoke it to him. Maybe she told Carl. Probably. Carl's a swell guy and she seems comfortable with him, anyway.
You would be able to quickly identify that ratCarl has excellent climbing skills, and is even able to pickup and carry items while climbing with his small legs.  However as you start doing the shell game ratCarl leaves in search of something, he comes back a few moments later with an old quarter and drops it before picking a shell which he gets the right ones immediately because you didn't shuffle them.  After a little while of playing with him ratCarl seems to be in some major annoyance before finally opening his mouth and pointing down it with a finger.  You see something metal, shiny and blinking with lights deep inside his throat.
Ask it what happens when it is exposed to light.
You see imagery of it shrinking and withering in bright light, you would assume that it kills it at a very rapid rate.
Nom nom nom

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2015, 05:47:40 pm »

Do you do anything with my body? Or is there anything I need to do for you now that we share?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2015, 05:55:38 pm »

"Gah! This world is horrid! But it shouldn't be like this..."

Grah. Try to find some literature focusing on more recent times.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2015, 06:33:53 pm »

"Hey, you found a quarter! are you hungry? We just ate, silly. What's this in your throat? Hey, Carl?" Ox turns to Gar "I think ratCarl swallowed a watch." Ox lifts ratCarl up and takes a closer look into his mouth. "Wish you could talk, little buddy. I don't know what you want. Oh! maybe you can write! Carl, do you have a piece of chalk or something?" Ox fetches a piece of paper and a pen or pencil from inside and gives them to ratCarl.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2015, 07:12:29 pm »

"Gah! This world is horrid! But it shouldn't be like this..."

Grah. Try to find some literature focusing on more recent times.
Unfortunately everything is quite outdated.  You curse at whoever owns this accursed concrete box and Carl looks at you in an agitated manner.

Do you do anything with my body? Or is there anything I need to do for you now that we share?
You get a sense that it seems to be telling you that it'll eat from your stomach a small amount depending on how much you need it.  You wonder what it means by need it, and you get a feeling like it wants you to hurt yourself. You take up a hobby knife and carefully slice your palm, barely any blood escapes as the wound knits itself shut quickly with stitches made of fungus.  You feel slightly hungrier.

"Hey, you found a quarter! are you hungry? We just ate, silly. What's this in your throat? Hey, Carl?" Ox turns to Gar "I think ratCarl swallowed a watch." Ox lifts ratCarl up and takes a closer look into his mouth. "Wish you could talk, little buddy. I don't know what you want. Oh! maybe you can write! Carl, do you have a piece of chalk or something?" Ox fetches a piece of paper and a pen or pencil from inside and gives them to ratCarl.
It takes the paper and pencil and quickly writes down.  "Get the man who just joined with the fungus to fix my vocal synthesizer."
Nom nom nom

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2015, 07:53:00 pm »

Annis will eat the food and drink the water that was given to her earlier. And then she wants to access her Relay in order to check if there is was any records or saved data on it that may be of use.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2015, 08:05:49 pm »

"Huh? Someone joined a fungus? Oh! John was playing with that mushroom, right? You wanna go to John? Okay, buddy, let's go." Ox stnads up and heads inside, shaking his head in bemusement. "I didn't know yo uwere so smart, Carl. Hey John! Can you fix ratCarl?" Ox hands John the note.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15