Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Roll to form a Cult: Round 4  (Read 15013 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to form a Cult
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2015, 03:06:55 pm »

Well I meant to just absorb ambient so life and normal death so as to heal the plants but this is also useful.
"Be careful with the black sand. Not only is it pure concentrated death but it also might be useful in the fight and we don't want to waste any."
If asked for my help then give them a design and instruction for a clockwork catapult that would launch contained units of deathsand at flying enemies. If not just start making clockwork designs in the mud or something.
I think a clockwork dragon would be more effective than a catapult (unless it's a gatling catapult, in which case you should go with that.

"Hello, tribesmen!"
*Cimag smiles and looks at the tribesmen*
"I'm sorry for intruding on your ritual. Carry on."
Ask a tribesman who they are trying to summon. Advise the shamans on proper ritual conducting as I watch.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:02:59 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to form a Cult: Round 4
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2015, 03:10:57 pm »

((They didn't summon you, you appeared on your own at a unrelated religious ritual. You can pretend that they summoned you if you like though))

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2015, 07:27:14 pm »

((Hooray, the game is back!  :D  It's been quite a while, so I was rather worried.))

Yes, the squids are doing well.  But they have also not been enlightened yet.  While I am not quite at the level of power for influencing their masses, perhaps I may get through to them through an important figure.
Locate the most important chief of the conquered tribes and expose him to thoughts of greed.  Show him how the dragon's collection of pearls, as well as mine, are beautiful and desirable, and how the squids too can live an existence of pure blissful joy through wealth and my power.

((Hopefully this works.  It can be quite a task to keep track of every ability granted at each level of godhood.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2015, 08:33:30 pm »

((Hooray, the game is back!  :D  It's been quite a while, so I was rather worried.))

Yes, the squids are doing well.  But they have also not been enlightened yet.  While I am not quite at the level of power for influencing their masses, perhaps I may get through to them through an important figure.
Locate the most important chief of the conquered tribes and expose him to thoughts of greed.  Show him how the dragon's collection of pearls, as well as mine, are beautiful and desirable, and how the squids too can live an existence of pure blissful joy through wealth and my power.

((Hopefully this works.  It can be quite a task to keep track of every ability granted at each level of godhood.))
Note that by corrupting the squid, an innocent and peaceful species, you will be declared as an enemy by Cimag (if he learns of this).

To gm: would Cimag know if a god was interfering with a being of great magical power, as the chief squid must be?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2015, 10:14:21 pm »

Use just enough Empower so the child doesn't die, the rest going to the uncle so he can kill the assassins.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:57 pm »

Spoiler: Charshieet. (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2015, 11:20:33 pm »

Note that by corrupting the squid, an innocent and peaceful species, you will be declared as an enemy by Cimag (if he learns of this).

To gm: would Cimag know if a god was interfering with a being of great magical power, as the chief squid must be?

((Well, I don't think messing with one squid's head (and hoping for conversion) is a lot worse than invading and subjugating several tribes of them at this point.  But my god's ideals seem to be different than yours, so if that causes conflict, then that is unavoidable.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2015, 11:26:57 pm »

((Well, I don't think messing with one squid's head (and hoping for conversion) is a lot worse than invading and subjugating several tribes of them at this point.  But my god's ideals seem to be different than yours, so if that causes conflict, then that is unavoidable.))
If it is a war you want, then a war you shall have.

At this point, I'm assuming that all of the PCs can talk telepathically with each other, due to being gods.

I know that Froggy's probably with me, and Hazard's character seems like a good god, but who else will join me on my crusade?

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2015, 11:56:30 pm »

At this point, I'm assuming that all of the PCs can talk telepathically with each other, due to being gods.

I know that Froggy's probably with me, and Hazard's character seems like a good god, but who else will join me on my crusade?

((I'm sorry, the God of War Asarias is over there.  You have the wrong person.  :P
In all due respect it is the job of any god to collect followers, and that is exactly what Hoardum has been doing.  Certainly he is not averse to force, but Hoardum is far more related to business and treasuries than war.  I don't quite understand why you seem to be intently focused upon targeting my god in particular (I doubt Hoardum will do as much corrupting as Lysandra for example), but he has not made contact with another god yet and certainly hasn't interfered with any.  If you do take up a fight specifically with him however, he shall be prepared to meet it.

I have not seen anything yet that suggests the gods are telepathically aware of each other, or else I think I'd get more specific information about the divine presence my god senses at the center of the swamp.

The single-minded pursuit of material wealth with no concern for the expenses undoubtedly doesn't make my god very moral.  There is no chance of change in that area however, so I'm afraid I have nothing else to say.))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2015, 01:10:24 am »

Daljinn spreads his fingers apologetically and starts lying.

"I am truly sorry, master, but the demon code is clear.  Without a sacrifice on your part, I cannot fuel the wish you seek to be granted.  But you still have mastery over me, and I give you my word that I shall you shall become an adult dragon - once you have made your sacrifice.

"Any sacrifice will do, so long as it is important to you.  Wealth is passée, but will do in a pinch.  Perhaps you would prefer to offer up your power to love?  The life of someone important to you?  If nothing else, I will happily take your soul.  After all, when you're a dragon what do you have to fear?

"But I'm afraid that without a sacrifice, I am simply unable to grant your wish."

If he provides a sacrifice, transform him into a twelve-storey... baby dragon.  Burst through the roof and start looking terrifying to the city (or surrounding countryside), in fact.  Heh heh heh.

Better idea.  If he provides a sacrifice, trap him in a magical slumber that will keep him asleep until he naturally grows to the size of an adult dragon.

If he decides to attack, step out of the circle, retrieve the book and lay some particularly cruel curses down upon him.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 01:27:47 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2015, 02:41:19 am »

Not at your current level of power no.

No again.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:47:07 am by Demonic Spoon »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2015, 12:18:05 pm »

((I'm sorry, the God of War Asarias is over there.  You have the wrong person.  :P
In all due respect it is the job of any god to collect followers, and that is exactly what Hoardum has been doing.  Certainly he is not averse to force, but Hoardum is far more related to business and treasuries than war.  I don't quite understand why you seem to be intently focused upon targeting my god in particular (I doubt Hoardum will do as much corrupting as Lysandra for example), but he has not made contact with another god yet and certainly hasn't interfered with any.  If you do take up a fight specifically with him however, he shall be prepared to meet it.

I have not seen anything yet that suggests the gods are telepathically aware of each other, or else I think I'd get more specific information about the divine presence my god senses at the center of the swamp.

The single-minded pursuit of material wealth with no concern for the expenses undoubtedly doesn't make my god very moral.  There is no chance of change in that area however, so I'm afraid I have nothing else to say.))
Well, my reasons for opposing you are as follows:
1. Your method of gaining power (making people not content with what they have) opposes mine (people being happy).
2. I like the squid people, because they seem like good, peaceful people, and they were once my main source of followers (GM confirmation necessary).
3. Froggy's character is a friend of my character (Froggy's confirmation necessary), and he'll (probably) be doomed without my help.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2015, 12:36:37 pm »

So, DemonicSpoon, is my character all-right? Am I in? I am very excited about this game and I'd really appreciate a swift response.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 17, 2015, 01:28:21 pm »

Adjusted my proposed wish granting.  Much more pleasantly ironic, and truer to the wording of the wish.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 17, 2015, 02:17:49 pm »

Well, my reasons for opposing you are as follows:
1. Your method of gaining power (making people not content with what they have) opposes mine (people being happy).
2. I like the squid people, because they seem like good, peaceful people, and they were once my main source of followers (GM confirmation necessary).
3. Froggy's character is a friend of my character (Froggy's confirmation necessary), and he'll (probably) be doomed without my help.
Of course bro. Clocks are the shit and magic clocks and simultaneously more and less shitty depending on how you wish to interpret that.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:22:30 pm by The Froggy Ninja »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12