Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Roll to form a Cult: Round 4  (Read 14983 times)

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to form a Cult: Round 4
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2015, 03:13:46 pm »

((Hooray, the game is back!  :D  It's been quite a while, so I was rather worried.))

Yes, the squids are doing well.  But they have also not been enlightened yet.  While I am not quite at the level of power for influencing their masses, perhaps I may get through to them through an important figure.
Locate the most important chief of the conquered tribes and expose him to thoughts of greed.  Show him how the dragon's collection of pearls, as well as mine, are beautiful and desirable, and how the squids too can live an existence of pure blissful joy through wealth and my power.

((Hopefully this works.  It can be quite a task to keep track of every ability granted at each level of godhood.))
Note that by corrupting the squid, an innocent and peaceful species, you will be declared as an enemy by Cimag (if he learns of this).

To gm: would Cimag know if a god was interfering with a being of great magical power, as the chief squid must be?

((Well, I don't think messing with one squid's head (and hoping for conversion) is a lot worse than invading and subjugating several tribes of them at this point.  But my god's ideals seem to be different than yours, so if that causes conflict, then that is unavoidable.))
If it is a war you want, then a war you shall have.

At this point, I'm assuming that all of the PCs can talk telepathically with each other, due to being gods.

I know that Froggy's probably with me, and Hazard's character seems like a good god, but who else will join me on my crusade?

((I'm sorry, the God of War Asarias is over there.  You have the wrong person.  :P
In all due respect it is the job of any god to collect followers, and that is exactly what Hoardum has been doing.  Certainly he is not averse to force, but Hoardum is far more related to business and treasuries than war.  I don't quite understand why you seem to be intently focused upon targeting my god in particular (I doubt Hoardum will do as much corrupting as Lysandra for example), but he has not made contact with another god yet and certainly hasn't interfered with any.  If you do take up a fight specifically with him however, he shall be prepared to meet it.

I have not seen anything yet that suggests the gods are telepathically aware of each other, or else I think I'd get more specific information about the divine presence my god senses at the center of the swamp.

The single-minded pursuit of material wealth with no concern for the expenses undoubtedly doesn't make my god very moral.  There is no chance of change in that area however, so I'm afraid I have nothing else to say.))
Well, my reasons for opposing you are as follows:
1. Your method of gaining power (making people not content with what they have) opposes mine (people being happy).
2. I like the squid people, because they seem like good, peaceful people, and they were once my main source of followers (GM confirmation necessary).
3. Froggy's character is a friend of my character (Froggy's confirmation necessary), and he'll (probably) be doomed without my help.

I'm not going to dissuade you from opposing my character, but I did want to point out that if you're really going to go on a "crusade" against my god, it would make more sense to me if the gods had met and were actually aware of each other, which they currently are not.  My god's opportunity to interact with the squid people is also coincidence provided by the GM, unlike your decision to select them specifically for your god's history after he's been created.

To each their own though.  I will react accordingly if any other god appears before mine to make a challenge.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2015, 05:37:13 pm »

Well, I thought that we had time to chat while we were in jail together.

Thank you, Froggy.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2015, 07:29:30 pm »

You are very welcome. I am now imagining a happy-go-lucky magic man and a clockpunk robot cellmates in a divine prison as a sitcom. And it is fucking hilarious.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2015, 07:38:05 pm »

((And Vashna is there to, and he is always trying (and failing) to outsmart the warden.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2015, 09:48:32 pm »

You are very welcome. I am now imagining a happy-go-lucky magic man and a clockpunk robot cellmates in a divine prison as a sitcom. And it is fucking hilarious.
((And Vashna is there to, and he is always trying (and failing) to outsmart the warden.))
Someone needs to make this a thing. Do we have any artists that are lurking here?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2015, 10:41:08 pm »

((Check for artists under these things in this order bed, dwarf, fortress, sun, and the moon, who is going to have a child this Monday.
(3) you find no artists  but you do find a pencil.
(5) The moon will have a child, checking for save against insane prophecy. (1) The child is involved in a prophecy so ludicrous, that the only gods left on Culter (which is now the name of the planet we are on) and left us with these assholes.... Check for insanity (20) very very insane things will happen))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2015, 04:32:50 am »

So, DemonicSpoon, is my character all-right? Am I in? I am very excited about this game and I'd really appreciate a swift response.
You're character is cool, but the game is pretty full atm.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2015, 05:36:11 am »

Well, I thought that we had time to chat while we were in jail together.

Thank you, Froggy.
You did. Whether you did do so is up to you.

2. I like the squid people, because they seem like good, peaceful people, and they were once my main source of followers (GM confirmation necessary).
No. The swamp-squids have historically been a minor race, limited to their ancestral swamps. There simply aren't enough of them for them to have been your main source of followers.

Well I meant to just absorb ambient so life and normal death so as to heal the plants but this is also useful.
"Be careful with the black sand. Not only is it pure concentrated death but it also might be useful in the fight and we don't want to waste any."
If asked for my help then give them a design and instruction for a clockwork catapult that would launch contained units of deathsand at flying enemies. If not just start making clockwork designs in the mud or something.
I think a clockwork dragon would be more effective than a catapult (unless it's a gatling catapult, in which case you should go with that.

"Hello, tribesmen!"
*Cimag smiles and looks at the tribesmen*
"I'm sorry for intruding on your ritual. Carry on."
Ask a tribesman who they are trying to summon. Advise the shamans on proper ritual conducting as I watch.
They aren't trying to summon anything. It was a religious ritual where they collectively take drugs and get high. It is nominally in your honour. They can't do magic. I'm using ritual in the sense of a religious ceremony, rather than anything magical.

EDIT: Pounding headache, so update probably tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:54:10 am by Demonic Spoon »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2015, 01:06:38 pm »

Could the squids still have been a significant asset?

New Action:
"Hi! I think you accidentally summoned me. Nevertheless,  what can I do for you?"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2015, 09:01:23 pm »

I am known as the "light of existence" it was that vile "patron of the void" that banished me here! all because he despised my work!

but I have returned! I will once more gain enough power to create great things! if only my followers will craft and make great arts (anything artistic. fancy swords, toys, books)

((we can still join right))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2015, 10:08:21 pm »

I am known as the "light of existence" it was that vile "patron of the void" that banished me here! all because he despised my work!

but I have returned! I will once more gain enough power to create great things! if only my followers will craft and make great arts (anything artistic. fancy swords, toys, books)

((we can still join right))
Do you want though join our alliance (pantheon?)?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2015, 10:20:15 pm »

(who are you again))

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2015, 10:23:17 pm »

((I believe we are full at the moment but we can waitlist you. We also have a concept for a happy go lucky prison adventure, we still need a name. I say "Godly tales chapter V: adventures in prison sub chapter I : "Don't drop the godly cleansing oil"))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2015, 10:31:35 pm »

(who are you again))
Cimag, god of magic. I gain power by making people happy.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2015, 10:33:08 pm »

((if we somehow end up meeting each other I will probly join you. after all, magic is like an art. and your not spreading suffering with every step))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12