Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112268 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Magic Checkers
« Reply #2100 on: August 06, 2015, 11:54:14 pm »

((Orientation please @_@ There's only one door and its facing from the Knight-side. The engravings were more walls and ceiling so...))

Tiruin looked around. "Zdrastvooyte, Russia. I think we triggered something."

Where's that background? Where are we down here? Can we go around the board?

"Goddamnit!" Rolep says, as he drops down, drawing his sword and pulling out a water bottle.

"Thank god there's only one silver one. Don't let the wood ones reach the other side! Fucking bullshit backwards rule. Son of a bitch."

He begins to chug the green potion, wondering how his newfound ability will affect it...

"Wait what's that supposed to mean? Related engravings?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: August 07, 2015, 12:01:15 am »

"It's checkers. The silver one moves faster. The silver one is the one that got kinged. It can also move faster. YOu want them to all be made of silver, faster, and able to move as they like?"

He spat at the nearest statue experimentally, ready to try and block an attack if it came in retaliation.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: August 07, 2015, 12:20:42 am »

Arcvasti positioned themselves, via undignified bounding, on a square adjacent to the statue closest to one of Them and tries using it as a scratching post.
Your claws greatly injure the wood-Them, creating many severe scratch marks on it. It doesn't seem to leak any life-juice, though. It tries to swing its small tree at you, but the strikes go way off even without your dodging.

He begins to chug the green potion, wondering how his newfound ability will affect it...
The potion tastes very foul, and you feel the urge to spit it out.
He spat at the nearest statue experimentally, ready to try and block an attack if it came in retaliation.
Much more spit comes out of your mouth than you expected, covering the chest of the statue. It begins to bubble and smoke, the acid eating into it. It might try to swing its halberd at you; you're not sure because the attack goes completely aside you.

Where's that background? Where are we down here? Can we go around the board?
The background takes the middle third of the ebony-side wall, in a square area. You can't go around the 'board', since it seems to be painted on the floor. There is no space between the background and the remaining engravings, either, though it leaves a small nook outside the 'board'. Y'all have stood on random empty squares on the balsa-half of the 'board'. Your accurate locations aren't very important, as the knights don't seem to be complying to a turn order or anything.
You notice Arcatsti scratch at the statue you had last pushed. It doesn't look very effective, but, well, scratch damage is scratch damage.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: August 07, 2015, 01:01:25 am »

"Gack, damn, well, that's disgusting. Good. Looks like you're next, asshole."

Setting his sights on the silver statue, he begins making his way across white squares, spitting at statues on his way, not really bothering to aim beyond that. How did you aim spit beyond the basic 'this way' or 'that way', anyway?

He didn't want to ruin his sword, so he reserved it for blocking. They were just balsa wood, and didn't seem to be any tougher, though how strong they were and how thick the wood was now was another question entirely.

Silver was affected by acid. At least, some acids. He knew that much. It was time to see just how much...and hopefully not die in the process.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: August 07, 2015, 02:53:07 am »

Kevak removes a sufficiently long rope from his bag and looks for something to tie it to.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: August 07, 2015, 04:25:32 am »

Setting his sights on the silver statue, he begins making his way across white squares, spitting at statues on his way, not really bothering to aim beyond that.
The wooden statues bubble and hiss as spit on them, and when they try to retaliate, you're already past them. The silvery king stands in front of you in a noble pose, holding its large sword in front of it, blade down and touching the ground. The balsa wood crown lies on its helmet.

Kevak removes a sufficiently long rope from his bag and looks for something to tie it to.
Though they would require you to use more rope than otherwise, the gallows are an obvious choice, as macabre as it is.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: August 07, 2015, 04:36:04 am »

Aoshi summons his illusionary swords man next to him, makes it to drop down into the room and makes it attack at the silver king's crown. After that, the illusion merely avoids being hit.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: August 07, 2015, 05:39:47 am »

"So much for playing checkers."
thincake

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: August 07, 2015, 06:51:44 am »

((It might have been a good idea to have some indication that we were using the Russian rules- perhaps the white and black pieces on opposite ends, to go with the reversal theme? Doesn't matter now, but something to think about for future rooms that have variant game rules.))
Give Tiruin back the bow, use blade arm and attack anything that gets to close to me or anyone else.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: August 07, 2015, 07:12:49 am »

Aoshi summons his illusionary swords man next to him, makes it to drop down into the room and makes it attack at the silver king's crown. After that, the illusion merely avoids being hit.
The king is very, very fast, but the illusion manages to get its hit in, to seemingly little effect. It dodges the retaliation quite well, almost, but not quite, running circles around the statue.

((It might have been a good idea to have some indication that we were using the Russian rules- perhaps the white and black pieces on opposite ends, to go with the reversal theme? Doesn't matter now, but something to think about for future rooms that have variant game rules.))
((The way the board's tiles were named, with lettered columns and numbers in reverse order, was one hint. In the more common English and International rules, each playable tile has its own number with no letters. Lesser hints were the oddly defensive playstyle, and Arkham's Razor: there has to be a catch, surely a room wouldn't just be a board game, quickened with the removal of the last row, at that?))
Give Tiruin back the bow, use blade arm and attack anything that gets to close to me or anyone else.
Nothing seems to get close to you, oddly. You run to the statue that Arcatsti is 'fighting', and chop its weapon arm clean off with a crunch. As it clatters to the floor, the arm burns as captured pieces did before, but the mace (more like a cudgel, being made of very light wood) remains.

((By the way, I'm rolling a die for certain combat actions. I'm saying this so y'all won't get a false sense of security just because you've been very lucky so far.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: August 07, 2015, 07:58:38 am »

"It's checkers. The silver one moves faster. The silver one is the one that got kinged. It can also move faster. YOu want them to all be made of silver, faster, and able to move as they like?"

Tiruin was all blushy.

Partly because she actually knew the type of gameplay in checkers (just that it wasn't known as Russian, thanks to colloquial and local knowledge), and that she worried to win to not get anyone else hurt.

"I'm-vvery sorry everyone. ... Cat!"
Rush over to get Arcvasti into safety by placing him somewhere safe-r! (like on my shoulder or back thanks to clothing attachments).

Get to the end-squares and defend them using the bow against approach non-king checkers. Aim for the legs/feet!

((This, Icy. I like your room, but the follow-up needs more choreography. :3 Though...I do agree. Given my experience--the letters and numbers were a giveaway on hindsight -_- But I didn't think about that.

The gameplay, however, I've to critique on. It did seem like a stand-up fight, but then once the mistake was made--the opponent 'seemed to give up'. So...that did touch my suspicions on why they were killing themselves later on but mmph.

...Occam's Razor, too. :P The catch could be that there's no catch. And just a reward room is a possibility too... [because a checkers master can make any losing game into a stalemate].))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: August 07, 2015, 08:00:22 am »

Aid Tiruin
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: August 07, 2015, 09:11:20 am »

Rush over to get Arcvasti into safety by placing him somewhere safe-r! (like on my shoulder or back thanks to clothing attachments).

Get to the end-squares and defend them using the bow against approach non-king checkers. Aim for the legs/feet!

Aid Tiruin
Everyone knows a riled-up cat is nearly impossible to catch, unless it wants you to, due to its small size, speed, agility and unpredictable movement. Still, you both rush to the last row and get juiced up, ready to defend.
...No statue tries to approach.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: August 07, 2015, 10:10:42 am »

"Your crown is what gives you power, huh?" Rolep mutters, hocking another loogie.

He spits, aiming for the head and crown as best he can, again ready to parry with his sword. This time, though, he's a bit more persistent with his assault. Take care of this guy, and the rest would be easy.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: August 07, 2015, 10:49:16 am »

Aoshi directs his illusion to get attention of the silver king so that Rolep has easier time aiming his spit. If necessary he sacrifices the illusion. Not that it costs him anything...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 189