Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112248 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Magic Checkers
« Reply #2085 on: August 06, 2015, 12:55:10 pm »

"No problem. And Tea, wouldn't it be 'board game plays you'?"
thincake

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: August 06, 2015, 01:06:41 pm »

"Isn't that what has happened? I was there, smiling and silently cheering for Tiruin, but now this Russian rules revelation turnsitallaroundandwe'vebeenhugeidiotsassumingtherulesweretheusualonesdespitethembeingshownnowhereand..."

Tea stops to breathe, sighing.

"The board game has played us. Let's hope nothing too bad will happen. Or that I'm wrong."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: August 06, 2015, 02:07:24 pm »

Tiruin checked the board.

"I wonder why there's this Soviet Russia and the winner is the loser thing. This board is distinctly European, or at least Scandinavean."

ABCDEFGH
8■Ѳ■□■□■□
7□■□■□■□■
6■□■□■□■O
5X■■□■□■
4■□■X■□■□
3O■O■O■□■
2■□■O■□■O
1□■□■□■□■

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: August 06, 2015, 02:23:56 pm »

((Yes, I had planned the different ruleset (called "Poddavki", by the way) from the beginning. I had kept it secret from HugoLuman as well by keeping my explanation of the room's mechanics vague, but that was a bit of a wasted effort as he didn't come play after all.))

"Maybe whoever designed this room had little very understanding of human culture. That would support the theory of this whole thing being an alien abduction."

ABCDEFGH
8■Ѳ■□■□■□
7□■□■□■□■
6■□■□■□■O
5□■O■□■□■
4■X■□■□■□
3O■O■□■□■
2■□■O■□■O
1□■□■□■□■

As the ebony statue stops moving, Tiruin gets a sudden feeling of DANGER. It might be a good idea to call for more help before acting hastily.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: August 06, 2015, 03:14:50 pm »

(I told you, I don't know how to play checkers)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: August 06, 2015, 03:31:30 pm »

((Only after I had presented the room. I guess it hasn't mattered much so far.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Time to count loot and move on
« Reply #2091 on: August 06, 2015, 03:39:20 pm »

"I have rope."
"Well. If there's enough of that, we can lower the rope into the pit and pull them out- when did you get here?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: August 06, 2015, 10:35:07 pm »

((Yes, I had planned the different ruleset (called "Poddavki", by the way) from the beginning. I had kept it secret from HugoLuman as well by keeping my explanation of the room's mechanics vague, but that was a bit of a wasted effort as he didn't come play after all.))
((Only difference is non-gendered pieces. :I  Good thing there's no 'must eat' rule.

BUT, since I've got IC reasons to believe otherwise [not relying on the OOC reveal], I'll check it.))

Tiruin felt a disturbance in the force. She held up her right hand at the serpent, index finger pointing to the ceiling with thumb sticking out.

"I'll...see if I feel better if I do otherwise. Everyone, prepare weapons. Or get us out. Twinwolf, get by the ledge. Not touching the ledge if indeed its trapped."

ABCDEFGH
8■Ѳ■□■□■□
7□■□■□■□■
6■□■□■□■O
5□■O■■□■
4■X■□■□■□
3O■O■□■□■
2■□■O■□■O
1□■□■□■□■

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:02 pm »

"Aw, shit." HugoLuman hoists his axe, preparing to intervene. Though that would involve dropping 10ft and then running another 50.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: August 06, 2015, 11:23:16 pm »

You have to be kidding me. :I I had no danger sense at all poking at anything {other than apprehension}. My radar is broken!
((And here is a problem with having multiple writers for a work of fiction. Different interpretations of character powers. How sensitive is a first-level ability, especially when danger is hard to define? Too much, and everything is a danger: you could stumble, fall and break your neck at any time while just walking around. Too little, and nothing is.

I've interpreted the ability as pretty binary: you either are in imminent danger or aren't. Beforehand, you weren't, really. Despite your play increasing the chances of this becoming dangerous, only this last move might cause just that.

If this doesn't match your interpretation, I'm sorry, really am, but a retcon would get weird.))

((Good thing there's no 'must eat' rule.))
((There is, actually. How would it make any sense to play to lose if you couldn't force your opponent to do things?))
Quote from: Rules; R. Checkers
--Jumping is mandatory and cannot be passed up to make a non-jumping move--

She held up her right hand at the serpent
((The bear, actually; the serpent got captured last turn.))

The crowned knight doesn't seem to budge in that direction.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: August 06, 2015, 11:28:06 pm »

Tiruin shivered as she pulled on the wood...She did not feel good when looking at the aggressive-knight.

"Kevak? Now's a good time to use that rope. We're either about to win and I weirdly feel bad about winning, or something may happen like a trigger or a switch. Twin, may I have my bow? Thanks."

She made sure Twinwolf was on the same side as IcyTea.
((Just moving Twin so that people who aren't/can't post now are together.))
((The 'binary' actions did not indicate any notion towards win/lose consequences, btw. :P The indicator came already too late since I..well, not 'since' but more like 'I can't see any alternative than the last 2 moves and that's when the indicator came about...'))

ABCDEFGH
8■Ѳ■□■□■□
7□■□■□■□■
6■□■□■□■O
5□■O■□■□■
4■X■□■□■□
3O■O■□■□■
2■□■O■□■O
1□■□■□■□■

[/quote]

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: August 06, 2015, 11:45:04 pm »

((The indicator came already too late since I..well, not 'since' but more like 'I can't see any alternative than the last 2 moves and that's when the indicator came about...'))
((Good point, actually. Danger Sense probably should have triggered on the turn before the one with the triple capture move. Sorry.))

For a moment after the maceman strikes the bear down, all gets quiet and nothing seems to happen. Then, with a few moments of creaking, a part of the engravings fall apart and fall to the ground. Behind the engraving, there is a bright red background, with a pair items hung on it in a cross. A gold-coloured sickle and hammer.

With that, the balsa wood and silver statues start to move on their own, though still diagonally. The silver one seems much, much faster than the wooden ones.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: August 06, 2015, 11:47:47 pm »

Kyle's commie sense is tingling.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: August 06, 2015, 11:52:19 pm »

Arcvasti yowls and hisses. The statues still seemed bound, at least partially, by the rules of the game. The rules weren't especially clear in Arcvasti's head at the moment, but they could only move diagonally. And most, if not all, of the statues looked to be one particular colour of square.

Arcvasti positioned themselves, via undignified bounding, on a square adjacent to the statue closest to one of Them and tries using it as a scratching post.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: August 06, 2015, 11:53:03 pm »

"Goddamnit!" Rolep says, as he drops down, drawing his sword and pulling out a water bottle.

"Thank god there's only one silver one. Don't let the wood ones reach the other side! Fucking bullshit backwards rule. Son of a bitch."

He begins to chug the green potion, wondering how his newfound ability will affect it...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 189