Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 112198 times)

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - Magic Checkers
« Reply #2115 on: August 07, 2015, 10:55:28 am »

(( geez, a lot happened. 0-0 ))
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: August 07, 2015, 11:01:35 am »

I'm with stupid |
                      v

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
thincake

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: August 07, 2015, 11:37:41 am »

(I like to get surprised, but as GM I need to arbitrate things, so in the future it might be best to tell me about surprises so we can make sure of stuff. I try my best not to metagame, for instance in the hangman room.)
(Danger sense has roughly 2 conditions:
Giving an indistinct, approximate feel of the level of danger when entering an area.
Warning of imminent danger, such as an incoming attack, or being about to step on a landmine, or leaning on a railing that's about to give way.
In this case, the initial danger reading probably should have been a bit higher, but it's not too bad. The main problem is that the twist needed more hints)

Kevak removes a sufficiently long rope from his bag and looks for something to tie it to.
HugoLuman looks at his axe, then the width of the doorway. "Kevak, tie it to my axe! I can lay it across the hallway and it'll be too wide to get pulled through the door."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: August 07, 2015, 01:59:38 pm »

He spits, aiming for the head and crown as best he can, again ready to parry with his sword. This time, though, he's a bit more persistent with his assault. Take care of this guy, and the rest would be easy.
With a hiss, the crown starts burning away, as well as the helmet. The king responds with a very fast horizontal swing at your neck level. Finding it difficult to parry, you block the strike, your crossguard to its ricasso as you close in, and manage to stop its momentum, turning the block into a push, causing it to lose grip on one hand and have the other repel back. The rest of the statue's body stays firm, though. With your opponent's blade momentarily away, you have an opportunity to counter-attack, retreat, or otherwise act. What will you do?

Aoshi directs his illusion to get attention of the silver king so that Rolep has easier time aiming his spit. If necessary he sacrifices the illusion. Not that it costs him anything...
It seems to glance at the illusion, but turns back to Rolep when it notices him hocking. Perhaps it deems Rolep and his acid a higher threat?

HugoLuman looks at his axe, then the width of the doorway. "Kevak, tie it to my axe! I can lay it across the hallway and it'll be too wide to get pulled through the door."
"Um, are you sure your axe's shaft can support a human being's weight? Even if it does, that doesn't sound like a good idea. It might slip from the frame, bend even if it doesn't break, the rope might slip on it, making the climber lose their grip... No offense, but I'm not going to climb that rope if you tie it that way. Too risky."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: August 07, 2015, 02:10:47 pm »

Illusion moves to slash the sword arm off and then jump away to keep distance.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: August 07, 2015, 02:19:17 pm »

(My axe is longer than most doorways are wide, and the haft is made of metal. A wooden one would support a person's weight anyways though. When I realized IRL I tried wedging the axe.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: August 07, 2015, 02:20:31 pm »

"Whoa! What just happened!"

Fallacy draws his pistol in surprise and attempts to shoot the most dangerous looking statue in the head. From his current position(no need to get down there).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: August 07, 2015, 07:51:13 pm »

"Godfuckitshit-"

Rolep sprays spittle at the statue's sword arm and hand before backing off. Shit. That was a lot closer than it had been with the other statues. They should be hard to deal with now though. Especially if someone had an axe or whatever they were talking about.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: August 07, 2015, 09:08:04 pm »

Arvasti leaps on the now-armless statue's head, trying to tip them over with their momentum.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: August 07, 2015, 11:53:43 pm »

Make an aimed shot to disarm one of the enemy knights--or to pin them down if they near one of the end-tiles.

Try to throw Kevak his staff o_o

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: August 08, 2015, 12:17:01 am »

Illusion moves to slash the sword arm off and then jump away to keep distance.
The illusory sword dents the metal, making it seem to cave in slightly, but fails to cut it. It seems it's actually quite hard to dismember a fully armoured being.

Fallacy draws his pistol in surprise and attempts to shoot the most dangerous looking statue in the head. From his current position(no need to get down there).
Your bullet pierces the silvery statue's helmet on its entrance, but ricochets instead of exiting, creating a loud noise as it bounces around its body. The statue seems to not falter.

Rolep sprays spittle at the statue's sword arm and hand before backing off.
You prepare to spit, but are distracted by a sudden loud clanking and ringing from the statue, making your shot go off target, splattering on the ground harmlessly. You then back off, disappointed, before the statue can recover.

Arvasti leaps on the now-armless statue's head, trying to tip them over with their momentum.
The wood is easy to latch onto with your claws after your leap, but the wood-Them seems not to move in response. It is as though it had its legs stuck in swampy ground.

Make an aimed shot to disarm one of the enemy knights--or to pin them down if they near one of the end-tiles.
You shoot the spearman in the offhand staggering the arm and causing the statue to lose control of its weapon. It starts moving towards you, trying to catch its spear's end back to its grip.
Try to throw Kevak his staff o_o
Would you like to throw it as though a javelin, as though an axe, or as though a frisbee? Each method bears a different risk/reward ratio.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: August 08, 2015, 12:38:05 am »

((Somehow I'm guessing it's more of an underhand toss...))

"Shit! What the fuck, guys?!"

Keeping an eye on the silver statue, Rolep decides to spit on some of the other wood statues nearby while it's disoriented. He could probably spray it down pretty well as long as the time didn't run down. His ability might make it longer. He had no real idea, but it hadn't been very long, had it? It felt like a while, but that was just cuz' it was a fight, right? Or something?

Ugh, fighting in real life was hard.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: August 08, 2015, 12:48:26 am »

((Somehow I'm guessing it's more of an underhand toss...))
((The distance is about 24 meters (79 ft.) since she's at the last row. It's hard to throw a long, slender, heavy-ish object that far without utilizing its leverage somehow.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: August 08, 2015, 12:53:07 am »

((Ah))

((Well in that case it's just not gonna work, unless Tiruin's trained in Javelin in Track and Field. Going up 10 ft and forward 80 feet? With shit in the way, and no run up, with a poorly designed tool for the job?))

((Sorry Tir, but that ain't happenin' but on a natural 20 and the balsa statues accidentally ping-ponging it around and up there))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 189