Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In absence of a poll, have some handy links!

Also, feedback on the pace, content, and other stuff would be appreciated!
- 2 (100%)
Character sheets! Don't forget to keep these up to date!
- 0 (0%)
Map!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 189

Author Topic: Forumites RPG - Round 2: Elimination! (Wheel of misfortune)  (Read 111783 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Forumites RPG - This is what happens when you play with fire
« Reply #1245 on: July 14, 2015, 05:56:55 pm »

"I'm going to hope I'm dreaming, because if I'm not dreaming, this is going to be a pain."

FallacyofUrist heads off in a random direction, scanning the ground and vegetation to notice venomous snakes and whatnot.

FallacyofUrist finally convinced his legs to move.
(Woops)

You can hear things all around, but don't see any. In fact, the sounds seem to be rather indistinct in their origin. Your foot hits something, almost tripping you, and you think you see something out of the corner of your eye. Did that root just... move?

Armach looks around confused. "Shit, where is everyone?." He wispers to himself. He looks down at the jungle floor for footprints.
There don't seem to be any, not even your own behind you.

Twinwolf looks for the least dense path, and starts walking quietly.
The mist compounding with your lack of glasses really isn't helping, but you manage to pick out a walkable path. You might expect something unsettling in the underbrush, but there isn't, despite the noise. It looks like there's something brightly-colored ahead: flowers adorning the roots and trunks of the trees.

McDonald starts walking quickly in a random direction, trying to use his knife like a machete. After a while he puts it away and just pushes leaves and whatnot away.
It's starting to feel like you keep walking into the same clearing, though you can't be certain, and the plants don't seem to show any sign of your having passed through, except behind you.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 14, 2015, 05:59:15 pm »

Twinwolf takes her glasses out and holds them up to her face so she can see, and examines the trees and flowers.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 14, 2015, 06:02:47 pm »

McDonald makes a mark on the ground with his shoe, and walks in a different direction.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 14, 2015, 06:03:07 pm »

"I'm going to hope my eyes aren't betraying me."

FallacyofUrist examines the root thoroughly.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 14, 2015, 06:29:43 pm »

It was a good thing he'd kept the coat on. The blow still stung, but hadn't broken the skin. HugoLuman watched the vines snaking out of the trees around him, holding his axe ready, but afraid. Ironically, it wasn't the best tool for this. He was panting already, too, and he could feel the chronic ache is his side threatening to flare up again. He wasn't sure how much more fight was in him, and he'd probably have to discard his only decent layer of protection soon.

Twinwolf takes her glasses out and holds them up to her face so she can see, and examines the trees and flowers.
The trees are... jungly. Figs, maybe? The flowers are bright orange and pink, about 4 inches in diameter. Some of them fall off the tree branches and drift down, one of them landing on her shoulder.

McDonald makes a mark on the ground with his shoe, and walks in a different direction.
As you walk back off into the brush, a large leaf whips out and slaps you in the face, leaving a red mark where the stem hit.

"I'm going to hope my eyes aren't betraying me."

FallacyofUrist examines the root thoroughly.
It doesn't seem to be moving now, at least. However, you hear a creaking sound behind you.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 14, 2015, 06:33:30 pm »

Twin quickly takes some of her hoodie in her hand and brushes it off, not making skin contact. This place was weird, jungles had poison stuff, don't want to touch unknown plants. She also steps back a bit.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 14, 2015, 06:39:39 pm »

"What the..." McDonald manages to yell before tripping and falling on his back. He lies on the ground for a few seconds, unable to breathe.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 14, 2015, 07:01:53 pm »

"Must be some room fuckery, oh well, I'm not gonna get anywhere by just standing here," Armach thinks to himself as he starts to walk into the jungle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 14, 2015, 07:10:36 pm »

Fallacy moved in such a manner so he could keep his eyes on the root and see what made the creak.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 14, 2015, 08:29:43 pm »

((Did the bee room get cleared?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 14, 2015, 08:31:22 pm »

((No, we held off on pressing the pressure plate to end it until everyone was in the room for the exp, but then someone turned into a cat and ran off and we all ran after him and now we're in a different room. You'd have heard the whole affair from where you were.))
Sigtext!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 14, 2015, 08:41:50 pm »

Twin quickly takes some of her hoodie in her hand and brushes it off, not making skin contact. This place was weird, jungles had poison stuff, don't want to touch unknown plants. She also steps back a bit.
More flowers draft down, but they seem to hover in the air after a certain point.

"What the..." McDonald manages to yell before tripping and falling on his back. He lies on the ground for a few seconds, unable to breathe.
You feel the ground vibrating, and the big-leafed short plant (palm maybe? Or a banana plant?) starts uprooting itself.

"Must be some room fuckery, oh well, I'm not gonna get anywhere by just standing here," Armach thinks to himself as he starts to walk into the jungle.
The jungle soon becomes very dense above you, with only small shafts of light coming through the treetops into the heavy, misty air.

Fallacy moved in such a manner so he could keep his eyes on the root and see what made the creak.
As you move, something under your feet rises up sharply, knocking you off balance.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 14, 2015, 08:43:23 pm »

Nope. Nope nope nope. Twinwolf examines the trees and flowers closely. If nothing new is discerned, she keeps moving forward.
Sigtext!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 14, 2015, 08:56:15 pm »

((Unfortunately I don't exactly have any acrobatic training or whatnot.))

FallacyofUrist stumbles and collapses to the ground. He frantically examines the area, trying to figure out what's going on.

"Whoaa! Ouch."

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 14, 2015, 09:06:36 pm »

Armach takes his phone out and opens a flashlight app, but leaves the light off and places the phone in a secure pocket on his backpack strap. He can turn the light on or off at the simple press of a button and does so if it gets too dark. He continues to walk, but at a slower pace, watching where he places his feet and focusing his eyes and ears on his surroundings.   
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 189