Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Kerbal Colonization Program  (Read 6689 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Colonization Program
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2015, 04:33:40 am »

III seems to be the most dwarven and therefore kerbal of locations.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2015, 02:25:40 pm »

I we knew anything about the natives, and they were non-hostile, I'd certainly go with II.

Can we get a sense of the natives' likely response to Kerbals falling from the sky? It's not like this is going to be a one-time occurrence around here.
Nope. Your scanning instruments are limited to telescopes.

*Do we have a night view of the cities? At least we can know if they can into space in 20 years or not.

III for our safety.
The settlements have limited lights at night. After much discussion, the crew decides that they're probably not electric, but definitely aren't open fires. They're in every major city, but some of the smaller settlements don't have them.

These aliens should already be in space, judging by their infrastructure and how many cities they have. That they aren't is worrisome.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2015, 03:34:15 pm »

. . . . . .  Something makes me extremely un-at-ease with the fact that they arnt using electricity. . . . . .  we may want to. . . . . . see what they look like. But thats just me. . . . I have a feeling that this may be a ruin. . . . or close to it.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2015, 08:41:29 pm »

can you squeeze in another kerbal? otherwise consider this a ptw
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:44:34 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2015, 08:50:42 pm »

Let's go ahead and land at III. I they are friendly enough that landing at one of the other spots would have ben safe, then they are friendly enough that trade with them will be beneficial (probably, then again - our aliens are diferent?)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2015, 09:21:36 pm »

. . . . . .  Something makes me extremely un-at-ease with the fact that they arnt using electricity. . . . . .  we may want to. . . . . . see what they look like. But thats just me. . . . I have a feeling that this may be a ruin. . . . or close to it.

((Hmm. I suppose if your telescopes can get mineral quality, then you really should be able to see what the aliens look like.

I'm still deciding on the exact form. I want to try centauroids, for some variety.))

Sorry, but six is the limit of what I can GM for this.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2015, 09:35:42 pm »

s'ok ;). ptw, then

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2015, 09:41:35 pm »

((Hmm. I suppose if your telescopes can get mineral quality, then you really should be able to see what the aliens look like.

I'm still deciding on the exact form. I want to try centauroids, for some variety.))
Centauroids? nuuuuuuuuh. Six limbed tripedals with eyestalks between the pairs of limbs.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2015, 09:48:24 pm »

Dang, now i have to replay every spore game I own 17 times.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2015, 09:49:44 pm »

What about a species that has a single spherical organ centered in their cubic body that run on internal combustion instead of regular food.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2015, 10:35:37 pm »

We run on internal combustion. Your mitochondria are oxidizing hydrocarbons to get hydrogen ions that flow through their molecular turbines and charge your ATP batteries RIGHT NOW. You even emit CO2 as a byproduct!

Aliens which lack differentiated tissues or an internal body cavity GO!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2015, 02:30:21 am »

Sorry, but six is the limit of what I can GM for this.
Not really. Modern prospecting depends heavily on remote sensing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2015, 02:33:32 am »

and our telescopes can get a look at us from space too, so ... maybe?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2015, 03:19:18 am »

Probably gas lighting. Early Industrial revolution technology, existed for about 70 years before electric lighting became reliable.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2015, 03:26:21 am »

They might be using radioactive elements as lighting, or perhaps magma. :p
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6