Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23043 times)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2015, 11:55:09 pm »

((Mwahahaha! :D I returneth! Not for very long though. I'm leaving again for a good three weeks starting the nineteenth. Sorry for playing so patchily Shade, and thanks for putting up with me!))
Argrark is really energetic. He isn't really feeling like just working on some village wall all day, so he decides to put off his village building for a little while, and instead wanders the town, looking for interesting folks to talk to. Argrark thinks it's really cool how these little lumps of meat and bone are actually people who can think without even using any gears at all. He's especially interested in 'magic', which he doesn't really know what it is, so he keeps a special lookout for any wizardly types.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2015, 10:47:12 am »

Well darn. We were gonna have so much fun with Argrark.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2015, 07:22:33 pm »

Well darn. We were gonna have so much fun with Argrark.
If only there was a PC wizard that would really appreciate his help and guide him in a nearby village...

Learn the Blue Blood Ritual, collect the materials for it, then cast it!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 13, 2015, 07:47:53 pm »

But Coffee the Gaia squirrel!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2015, 10:58:59 pm »

Turn 8: 2:23 PM

Spoiler: Ober van Ober (click to show/hide)

You get your bearings, and check the system status. nothing in the SHAW has caused the rocking.

Get out of the light. It's too bright. Take stock of current situation.

You go to the shade of the tree, and take a good look around, a worn grassy path goes to the left and right, you came from the left you seem to remember, the patient seems to have left.

You notice now that you have taken a good look, that there is a stone tube sticking out of the ground. it's purpose unknown, around it are wood and rope scraps.

Other than that lies the forest at your back.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Oink arose, spread his wings and took off into...

"..."

He sighed and laid his head down on the boulder again.  After a few minutes of silent moping he stuffed the bag of uncounted valuables under the rocks where they would be less visible and went in search of food.

Oink hunts for food, particularly truffles or small creatures he can devour, then returns to his "lair" and counts his treasure.

19, 18, Your hunting is all too successful, Several mouthfuls of Truffle, Centipede, and Rabbit are your reward for the work put in. their remains come back with you for appraisal. +2 MHP

The loot is spilled out across a laid out cloak.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

Learn the Blue Blood Ritual, collect the materials for it, then cast it!

69>10, You succeed at learning the blue blood ritual, and gather the necessary materials, leaving certain things at your campsite.

18, 15, Gathering the materials is an easy, tedious task, but it is all worth it to test this spell. -2 EG

You craft the ritual circle, arrange the materials and cast the incantation, Pricking your finger with a wooden thorn.

The wet clay turns the color of plums, and the circle deepens into a pit, filled with What look like clay leeches, On each of their backs is a large blue handle. -5 MP

They crawl up and over the wooden branch that you used in the ritual, attaching themselves to it with the handles facing out, only the topmost part of the stick is exposed, poking just out of the hole.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

Me and my brothers mount the boar and continue through the forest.

2, 1, The boar suddenly runs off, squealing before you can mount it, much to your dismay.

You hear a thumping sound, and it is growing closer, crowing noises come from above as some creatures fly away from the trees.

The good Baron opens their eyes, yawning in an adorable fashion, and examines their surroundings.

You are still in the spider forest, being clutched tightly by the girl from before.

No actually you are staring down a giant spider, You suppose this is where your past self got you from as the bright light of time displacement ends.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

((Mwahahaha! :D I returneth! Not for very long though. I'm leaving again for a good three weeks starting the nineteenth. Sorry for playing so patchily Shade, and thanks for putting up with me!))
Argrark is really energetic. He isn't really feeling like just working on some village wall all day, so he decides to put off his village building for a little while, and instead wanders the town, looking for interesting folks to talk to. Argrark thinks it's really cool how these little lumps of meat and bone are actually people who can think without even using any gears at all. He's especially interested in 'magic', which he doesn't really know what it is, so he keeps a special lookout for any wizardly types.

13, 3, Few seem willing to talk to you, if not because of your odd appearance then due to your... previous actions.

Eventually though you find the thing to scratch your itching desire for knowledge, a dark wooden building claiming to have maps to curio of the land.

The maps proudly displayed have marked on them lead to three sites within a mile, and twelve sites within three miles.

"Weird lake"
"Rocks"
"Temple"

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2015, 11:53:16 pm »

Wield the stick, using the non-infested part as a handle. If I'm not attacked by the leeches, try pulling on a handle. Purchase some torches and supplies.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2015, 12:35:08 am »

When pulled back in time, do what the good Baron remembers the goodest Baron doing to the letter, even to the point of using first person pronouns to describe the good Baron. Then, once the good Baron is back with Jamie facing down the spider, assail its underbelly with all due ferocity.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2015, 07:29:50 am »

Oink lets out a low, long whistle.  Nothing to his old hoard, but still... real jewels!  Real gold!  Oink nestles down in the treasure pile, letting it rest comfortably against his skin.

Then he began to meditate.  He was so, so far from being a dragon again.  No mighty size or impenetrable scales, no great wings or flight.  Not even breath of flames.  Perhaps that, at least, was something he might be able to help.

Once upon a time, fire had been his nature, his very soul.  Oink tried to reach into that well of destruction, locked deep within this porcine form, and coax it out again.

Meditate on pile of riches.  Spend PP to try and learn a spell to conjure flame.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2015, 09:02:13 am »

I am fearful of this strange new thing. It worries me and I hide.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2015, 04:45:02 pm »

((Too bad I won't be here long enough to go exploring. Oh well.))
Hmph. Those humans hold grudges way too long. It's a shame they can't let anything go. Oh well, Argrark did find some pretty cool maps. He makes a metalno typo note to return to this map shop in a little while. Speaking of shops, Argrark just had a great idea! He'll make himself a shop for his village! He starts off with merchandise: since Argrark needs lots of things to sell, he'll make a machine to make all the things.  But what things should they be? Hmmm... well, everybody's always breaking their tools, so he could make a... a shovel shop! Yeah! Shovels are good. Argrark sits down and has a good ol' think about how he'd make a shovel making machine, and sets off to build it once he has a good idea. He spends as many PP as required to make a solid, dependable shovel-making machine.
((By the way, I still have those wooden planks, right?))

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2015, 12:52:13 am »

((Bumping for missing players.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2015, 08:44:39 am »

I swear I posted.

Examine the tube thing.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2015, 01:13:02 pm »

((Gunin hasn't been active since the 11th.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 16, 2015, 08:47:27 pm »

((Gunin hasn't been active since the 11th.))
Wuh-Roh.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2015, 01:11:49 am »

Turn 9: 2:35 PM

Spoiler: Ober van Ober (click to show/hide)

You are overcome by depression and despair.  You decide to Just Use cryogenics to sleep until this whole thing goes away, and you can be back with your family.  You slowly begin to start up the mechanism.

Examine the tube thing.

11, It is a well, no rope goes in, and in all likelihood, no water goes out.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

Oink lets out a low, long whistle.  Nothing to his old hoard, but still... real jewels!  Real gold!  Oink nestles down in the treasure pile, letting it rest comfortably against his skin.

Then he began to meditate.  He was so, so far from being a dragon again.  No mighty size or impenetrable scales, no great wings or flight.  Not even breath of flames.  Perhaps that, at least, was something he might be able to help.

Once upon a time, fire had been his nature, his very soul.  Oink tried to reach into that well of destruction, locked deep within this porcine form, and coax it out again.

Meditate on pile of riches.  Spend PP to try and learn a spell to conjure flame.

You know the spells, but they simply do not apply, your new form is so different, in so many ways, you dig deep, and remember one of the older draconic arts. a simple spoken rite for Wyrmlings and Foundlings alike. Whispered to a horde of treasure, a dragon gains power passively for a passive hoard, and as the rhyme goes; One one-thirty fifth, once upon a time, and in full, forever.

Just as mortals can spend their wealth in mortal means, so too can an immortal in immortal means. Having more Wealth increases every powerful aspect of you, and you can spend it to use or gain powers

You re-learn the art of the Wage-Mage, giving you the power to incite simple effects by whispering them to your hoard. for a one time effect, you pay a specific price that cannot be negotiated, which you are informed of immediately upon asking, and for a permanent version of the effect, you pay 37 times more, with a Drain on your MP or EG if the effect is particularly Active in nature.

You also Have a decisive value on everything in your possession, some may argue it, but that price is it's true worth. -2 PP

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

Wield the stick, using the non-infested part as a handle. If I'm not attacked by the leeches, try pulling on a handle. Purchase some torches and supplies.

12, 16, They seem to have a mostly neutral reaction to you, and pulling one off by the handle only results in your commenting on just how slimy it is, the heavy earth comprising it nearly making you drop the wet clay creature, it's mouth hisses with suction, and itself is lined with a single row of teeth, shaped like Triangular daggers.

1, You have no money and they have no shops, such is the fault of a peaceful subsistant community. The Village at the base of the mountain sees more actin from intrepid adventurers such as yourself, but is itself, as mentioned, at the base of the mountain, a few days travel going down.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

I am fearful of this strange new thing. It worries me and I hide.

1, You try to hide, and along comes the creature. a large head and little arms grace this monstrosity, but it's eyes are replaced by two large horns. it towers over you like a man to a humble ant. Some sort of Tyrant Lizard, it sniffs the air, searching for morsels, it's eyes are naught, and so too is hiding from it's sight.

It turns to face you, the scent of boar still fresh on you and your kin, even in the safety of the green leafy thing.

When pulled back in time, do what the good Baron remembers the goodest Baron doing to the letter, even to the point of using first person pronouns to describe the good Baron. Then, once the good Baron is back with Jamie facing down the spider, assail its underbelly with all due ferocity.

You wisely do exactly as your younger self remembers your older self having done, and eventually come to where you are now. Facing down a giant Spider, sans damsel in distress and assistance from you. -4% TB

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

((Too bad I won't be here long enough to go exploring. Oh well.))
Hmph. Those humans hold grudges way too long. It's a shame they can't let anything go. Oh well, Argrark did find some pretty cool maps. He makes a metalno typo note to return to this map shop in a little while. Speaking of shops, Argrark just had a great idea! He'll make himself a shop for his village! He starts off with merchandise: since Argrark needs lots of things to sell, he'll make a machine to make all the things.  But what things should they be? Hmmm... well, everybody's always breaking their tools, so he could make a... a shovel shop! Yeah! Shovels are good. Argrark sits down and has a good ol' think about how he'd make a shovel making machine, and sets off to build it once he has a good idea. He spends as many PP as required to make a solid, dependable shovel-making machine.
((By the way, I still have those wooden planks, right?))

You head home, disappointed in how personally the humans take simple destruction of property.

Using all of your mental faculties, you create an incredible shovel making machine, capable of making shovels out of a variety of materials, given two things, materials to make shovels out of, and a bit that is stronger than the previous material. -5 PP

You assemble this powerful machine using 5 of every part you have, and give it a big rock for the bit. -15 EG

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20