Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)  (Read 23042 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkness Redeemed: Multiplayer RPG (7/7)
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2015, 12:55:43 am »

Spontaneously decide to give the creature a lecture about souls.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2015, 03:43:51 am »

Gosh darn paperwork. Well, better file those TPS reports.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 08, 2015, 03:36:04 am »

Turn 6: 2:15 AM

You all feel incredibly tired, 6/7 Sleeping

Spoiler: Ober van Ober (click to show/hide)

Gosh darn paperwork. Well, better file those TPS reports.

Your... walks in interrupting your TPS reports, ...a Paper on your desk, ... says, a company too big for their britches hmm? you think. Not an issue for you.

Now you are in the Bay, your mech up in chains and held up by powerful hydrolic arms, ready for insertion at high speed into the affected area, your personal locker lies off to the side inside of it is ...

Absorb the words.

"A soul is the other part of special space, a physical wormhole to a plane of infinite and inextinguishable energy, all other space is filled with the opposite, a spacial gateway to an unfillable void from which only an infinitesimally small amount of background energy exists, due to it having energy inserted into it. Souls are also responsible for Sanity, Emotion, Spirit, and True life in this world. Even beings who do not originally posses souls can develop them through post-reincarnation, a kind of awakening where a newly reborn soul passing from the afterlife to any of the three realms that comprise our dimensional cluster finds a suitable body in something not born of a soulful being, such as machines, Artificial life, or soulless monstrosities. A soul as an entity possesses the ability to exert a will on the energy flowing though it, and without this will would not be able to take any energy from infinity space into this one, and while will is technically an infinite resource itself, it comes in finite amounts. Testing has shown that in a sense, the yawning area composed of non-souls has a similar will allowing it to take energy from the physical plane, and Draw it into the Void. This preserves, in a twisted and roundabout fashion, Conservation of energy, as it dictates what quantifies energy that must be removed in order to preserve neutral stability and prevent entropy."

The words spoken physically melt into your body, it's many mouth parting to consume it.

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

11, 14, you dream of being a dragon once again, swimming Scrooge McDuck style in a literal ocean of Gold, silver, gems and even other exotic treasures.

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

"A soul is the other part of special space, a physical wormhole to a plane of infinite and inextinguishable energy, all other space is filled with the opposite, a spacial gateway to an unfillable void from which only an infinitesimally small amount of background energy exists, due to it having energy inserted into it. Souls are also responsible for Sanity, Emotion, Spirit, and True life in this world. Even beings who do not originally posses souls can develop them through post-reincarnation, a kind of awakening where a newly reborn soul passing from the afterlife to any of the three realms that comprise our dimensional cluster finds a suitable body in something not born of a soulful being, such as machines, Artificial life, or soulless monstrosities. A soul as an entity possesses the ability to exert a will on the energy flowing though it, and without this will would not be able to take any energy from infinity space into this one, and while will is technically an infinite resource itself, it comes in finite amounts. Testing has shown that in a sense, the yawning area composed of non-souls has a similar will allowing it to take energy from the physical plane, and Draw it into the Void. This preserves, in a twisted and roundabout fashion, Conservation of energy."

You say.

The creature sucks your words right out of the air.

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

You lie down and go to sleep...

20, 3, You dreams are incredible and feverish, like some trip gone horribly right, nothing you see has any basis in reality, and yet, it brings a sense of absolute inspiration.  Anything you can imagine brought to life in this swirling sky of colors.

0-Very well. But the good Baron will nonetheless try to save the Jamie. The good Baron will attempt to distract the spider from eating the girl or the goodest Baron. The good Baron requests that the goodest Baron abscond in a less provacative fashion so as to not be eaten by the rude dude.-0

The good Baron attempts to put into action the above plan.

1, Time bullshit shoots up dramatically at your brave proposal, and after a moment's deliberation the goodest baron shakes his head.

1-Ahh youth, but I digress, and must insist that I be the one to make this daring sacrifice if we are to tempt the timeline with such a paradox. Perhaps by merely giving you the idea you will repeat what I have said here in the hopes that this factor ensured victory will a maddening break in the stream be averted, and as such, you will surely agree when I say that you mustn't put yourself at more risk than I, since you have the greater temporal potential. Please be so kind as to assist me in assisting the Jamie?-1

The Goodest Baron enacts your plan instead, Clawing at the spider's backside and generally making a nuisance of himself.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:43:14 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 08, 2015, 03:39:41 am »

Split into many cats and meow at him.

This is gonna be a catmare~!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2015, 03:41:49 am »

But wouldn't a Nightmouse be tastier?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2015, 09:53:34 am »

Yes, but do you see any mice~?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2015, 10:06:17 am »

He wakes up and doesn't know what to make of these strange dreams. He is quite happy with them however as they have inspired him to go forth and create.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2015, 05:30:16 pm »

Photos of my kids, stuck to the inside of the door. A teen boy and a younger girl. Among other effects, there's also my cell phone. I pick it up and use it to call my wife.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2015, 08:15:45 pm »

Execute the Goodest Baron's plan exactly as they laid it out to avoid additional Time Bullshit. Ponder how one goes about reducing Time Bullshit.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 09, 2015, 01:00:10 am »

Execute the Goodest Baron's plan exactly as they laid it out to avoid additional Time Bullshit. Ponder how one goes about reducing Time Bullshit.
Also fall asleep from exhaustion.

"Reports have also stated that souls tend to be spherical, and- AUGH! MY EARS!"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2015, 03:35:29 pm »

Turn 7: 2:00 PM

Spoiler: Ober van Ober (click to show/hide)

Photos of my kids, stuck to the inside of the door. A teen boy and a younger girl. Among other effects, there's also my cell phone. I pick it up and use it to call my wife.

Looking at the Pictures fondly, you run a hand along the photo while dialing up your wife...

13, 8 You jolt awake to something rocking the SHAW. +8 EG +4 PP

The dream only gets weirder from there.

3, Eventually you awaken to a bright light shining smack dab on your face. +1 HP +2 EG

Spoiler: Oink (Iituem) (click to show/hide)

8, You wake up, feeling rested. +6 EG +1 MP +1 PP

Spoiler: The Librarian (ATHATH) (click to show/hide)

"Reports have also stated that souls tend to be spherical, and- AUGH! MY EARS!"

You say as you suddenly wake up, panting. +2 PP +3 EG +5 MP +1 HP

Spoiler: Noj  (Spiderking50) (click to show/hide)

He wakes up and doesn't know what to make of these strange dreams. He is quite happy with them however as they have inspired him to go forth and create.

+6 PP +1 HP +2 MP +2 EG.

Also fall asleep from exhaustion.

You perform the plan Precisely as your better half details, Dragging the girl away, and then promptly passing out from exhaustion.

Casting time based spells and fulfilling loops decreases your TB. with a higher amount of it increasing the general strength time based spells can have, you think to yourself as you doze off...

You awaken some time later, an arm clutching your midsection tightly. +4 HP +2 MP +3 EG +1 PP -15% TB

You feel like you are about to get dragged away to the past to deal with some More Freaky Time Bullshit.

Spoiler: Argrark (Shadowhammer) (click to show/hide)

(Argrark has retired, and will be running on Autopilot until the player returns!)

Argrark Unhooks from the Windmill, Having regained maximum energy from the 12 hours of regenerating. +98 EG +2 PP

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 03:52:34 pm by Shadestyle »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2015, 03:49:48 pm »

Me and my brothers mount the boar and continue through the forest.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2015, 05:42:57 pm »

Get out of the light. It's too bright. Take stock of current situation.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2015, 07:11:44 pm »

The good Baron opens their eyes, yawning in an adorable fashion, and examines their surroundings.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2015, 09:33:50 pm »

Oink arose, spread his wings and took off into...

"..."

He sighed and laid his head down on the boulder again.  After a few minutes of silent moping he stuffed the bag of uncounted valuables under the rocks where they would be less visible and went in search of food.

Oink hunts for food, particularly truffles or small creatures he can devour, then returns to his "lair" and counts his treasure.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20