Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [SG] Prophet of Cim: Prologue: Who are you?  (Read 10899 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Prophet of Cim: Prologue: Who are you?
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2015, 09:17:35 pm »

Keeping secret of Cim's dissapearance by definition means that we'll be telling people Cim is still there. If the truth comes out, the fall will be greater than just saying people that it is a chalenge to be overcome.
We're just supposed to keep secret that the enchantments are down. We should be honest when it comes to the news that we can't contact Cim.

Fairly certain that fear of divine retribution scared away far more attackers and thieves than the enchantments ever did.
Considering the people at the meeting are worried about outside threats due to the enchantments being down, I'd say that divine retribution was minor compared to them.

Also, controlling the people with Cim doesn't work without Cim.
Be aware that there is a reason chargen asked for the unique gift.
Who's chargen? What are you talking about?

Character Generation?

The character sheet asked us to pick a unique gift.
Thought chargen was a user or something. :P Yeah, we can use our gift to control people.

Do we have experience using our gift en masse?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2015, 12:15:30 am »

Will update soonish, please try to reach a consensus. Out of curiosity, which gender did y'all imagine Anaxas to be? I have a 'correct' answer in mind, but I noticed I left it open for imagination in the update.

Do we have experience using our gift en masse?
You have rarely used your unique gift at all, preferring to use your lesser powers. You're fairly certain, however, that you can only apply the power on a few beings at a time for not a very long time. Cim's disappearance may have affected this.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2015, 12:58:16 am »

Out of curiosity, which gender did y'all imagine Anaxas to be? I have a 'correct' answer in mind, but I noticed I left it open for imagination in the update.

Honestly, I mentally noted that Anaxas was a Mountwyrm Prophet and didn't give gender a second thought.

Only other thing that stood out to me for characterization was:

The atmosphere in the room is ice cold, but you can smell a lot of sweat. The pair doesn't seem very concerned with personal hygiene at the moment.

Regardless of how bad things get, no matter how bleak the situation... Let us never forget personal hygiene!

Seriously though, it made me picture a bunch of nervous people huddled in a small, hot, sweaty, smelly room. I was content with that mental picture for fleshing things out in my head.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2015, 12:34:58 am »

Well icytea, I think now's the time to just pick which of the things we should do and do them.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2015, 12:52:59 am »

"We should keep it a secret. If our enemies know the enchantments are down, they are more likely to siege Cloister"

Tell the priests that when the time comes, they are to reassure the people by reminding them to remain orderly as per Cim's teachings.

Pray to the Council asking where Cim is.

If anyone becomes too nosy, we could tell them that this is a challenge from Cim, to see if we are able to retain his order without him watching over our collective shoulders. It might very well even be true.

None of these suggestions necessarily contradict one another.

+1 to all to keep things moving.
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2015, 01:08:26 am »

You consider Anaxas' words, but are split. Uncertain, you silently pray: "Council of Gods, where has Cim gone? Could you try to get one of its Angels over here, at least? Also, Fusil is terrible and should feel terrible." There is no immediate response, but you know prayers usually take a while to be answered.

"In my opinion, we should keep the enchantments being down a secret," you suggest, "about Cim's disappearance, I'm not so sure yet. Keeping people calm seems to be our greatest concern, for which reminding them of Cim's teachings would be a good idea. We could also call this a challenge from Cim to test our piety, which would give us more time."

"Of course we wouldn't mention the enchantments in the rumours I would spread; a lot of the populace doesn't even know what all of them used to do beyond protect us. Yes, avoiding a panic is of utmost importance, and I'm pretty sure the teachings have already been keeping the rumours from spreading too widely. That idea of calling it a test would almost definitely work, but that would require coming out clean about the disappearance and people would lose their faith after too long a wait."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2015, 02:10:56 am »

Tell the truth and say the people must have faith. Best case scenario of saying it's a test is Cim coming back, saying we were wrong about the test, and then forever damaging the authority and trust of the Prophets.

Organise for a Dimensional portal to Cim's realm to be opened. A corporeal being can last about 3 days in an incorporeal dimension before turning incorporeal. Hopefully, the trip to Cim' dimension won't take that long.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2015, 09:13:56 am »

Yes to opening the portal, no for telling people anything before we find out for sure. We should have at least weeks before anyone starts suspecting anything.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2015, 09:19:02 pm »

Yes to opening the portal, no for telling people anything before we find out for sure. We should have at least weeks before anyone starts suspecting anything.
+1

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2015, 09:35:06 pm »

+1
+1

Telling everyone is something we should do eventually but not before coming up with a decent plan ourselves as well as uncovering more information.

We should also consider picking someone to take control over things in our place (replacement leader of town guard) so that we can go out in search of more leads. Starting with an investigation within the cloister would be good, just for the sake of efficiency. Then we can move out into the surrounding areas.
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2015, 09:38:59 pm »

If we were a cavalryman back when we were with the Imperium, we'd be able to use wargs. Better mobility, better combat, and better ambush-detection are all good things to have.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2015, 09:45:27 pm »

Either way we could pick up a mount. Even if we weren't trained with one, we could dominate it with our power so it behaves and slowly try to pick up some riding skills.
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2015, 12:33:33 am »

You are suddenly struck by an idea.
"Actually, could we get a portal opened to the Plane of Order? I suspect its defenses are also down, and we could get an idea of what's actually going on. Best we say nothing to others before that."
"That would be quite dangerous, but I think a friend of a friend can arrange something. Yes, maybe it's best we check up other things in Cim's realm; who knows, maybe this really is just a test. Let's do that and have another meeting, slightly more informed. Was there anything you would yet want to say in this meeting? If not, I would suggest you go preparing for the trip. I'm not going to come myself, we need someone to keep order in the city, but I'll put some enchantments for you right before you leave for the Plane."

You already have someone to hold the fort for you while you're away, as Prophet duty often comes without knocking. You can indeed ride a warg, but there aren't any in Cloister due to the climate. Most use yaks as work and draught animals, but they don't make very good mounts.

((I maaaaaay have forgot to mention the all-important detail that Cloister is hidden in a misty mountain valley. I'll try not to make such mistakes in the future.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2015, 07:48:33 pm »

So, let's get the standart adventure travel set.

5 X Provisions (Dried meat)
3 X Flask of water
Many X Stabbing implement
1 X Pet with good hearing
1 X Flint&Steel
50 X Gold coin
1 X Backpack

And let's go.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2015, 09:11:02 pm »

So, let's get the standart adventure travel set.

5 X Provisions (Dried meat)
3 X Flask of water
Many X Stabbing implement
1 X Pet with good hearing
1 X Flint&Steel
50 X Gold coin
1 X Backpack

And let's go.
+1, but we'll obviously take a yak with us to take some emergency supplies too.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6