Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Legend of Aetheria (A different kind of godgame)  (Read 13595 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Aetheria (A different kind of godgame)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 06:29:00 am »

I'm afraid I have to agree with Demonic Spoon here, what exactly did you do tntey?
I get what he did, he made a lever artifact that when pulled allows a mortal to fight us. I just don't get where all this "the world is full of hate! Oh shame! Oh bitterness! Let's give mortals the ability to kill the gods now lolol!" stuff is coming from.

Also, no idea what Cigam is, besides magic spelt backwards. And one or two of his sentences are incomprehensible.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:34:46 am by Demonic Spoon »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 07:02:04 am »

Sorry, typing on a keyboard is hard, and a just woke up, and now I regret my actions! I have to leave soon anyway, sayin the afternoon I will post what I do.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 10:23:32 am »

Odar Seeing the need for strength and materials in this world creates the The Creation Forge. The forge a tiny thing 5 by 5 metres but which is powered by the strength of a volcano. It is made from a invulnerable material completely resistant to all forms of damage.

To use the forge, one must simply imagine what they want while near the forge. After this is done the entrance will seal up and the person using the forge is frozen in time. Exactly 1/10 of the creatures lifespan later the person will unfreeze and the entrance open. This 1/10 is taken away from the lifespan of the creature as an exchange for the item. The wished for item will be on the ground at their feet. The forge does not work when the wish is completely from the imagination. For example it won't work for a gun if it hasn't been invented yet.

Built around the supermassive volcano that holds the forge is a massive circular valley of lush territory filled with wildlife and plants. Around the valley lies massive mountains reaching to they sky with only 2 pathways through them that leads into the valley. Around the mountains lies vicious jungle almost like a maze. Then around the jungle lies beaches and coves leading out to the ocean.

The whole island is completely circular and massive in size.

FVVMJB

F is Forge
V is valley
M is mountain
J is jungle
B is beaches

Turn it round in a circle with Forge at the centre and that is what the island is like
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:35:46 am by Generally me »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2015, 10:44:21 am »

To activate it and create something one must first sacrifice something they hold dear. The more attached they are to it the stronger the thing they create will be. What ever the person sacrifices will come back in exactly one year to the second, in a stronger, faster and more efficient form. most commonly the sacrificed thing will come back made of the material that creates the forge unless specified not to by who ever used it.
So the sacrifices aren't actually sacrifices, they're upgrades?

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2015, 11:29:02 am »

To activate it and create something one must first sacrifice something they hold dear. The more attached they are to it the stronger the thing they create will be. What ever the person sacrifices will come back in exactly one year to the second, in a stronger, faster and more efficient form. most commonly the sacrificed thing will come back made of the material that creates the forge unless specified not to by who ever used it.
Well they don't know that. And don't tell them that though.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2015, 11:44:18 am »

The secret's going to get out eventually unless you put in some secrecy enforcing thing.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2015, 01:49:00 pm »

Benevilan saw the world, and frowned at what he saw. The earth became filled with holes, due to the action of one. The actions of another covered the planet in fire as mighty volcanos, shooting ash into the atmosphere, with little water to compensate. The actions of a dark being created a mockery of water, one which killed instead of create, but tempted mortals for the few which may grant might.

The World seemed lost in his eyes. Benevilan decided that the best way to safeguard those who are yet to live is to separate from the desolate land, granting them a future where there is none.

He found a land yet untouched by volcanoes, one far away from the darkwater, and ordered it to rise. An entire continent, free from the confines of the earth, began to lift up into the clouds. The gap below, now empty, he filled with ordinary water of his own. He looked upon the land he had lifted up, and forced it to rise high, where the lowest clouds would not reach the surface of the continent, but high clouds would still provide it with water for life. A continent in the sky, which none could go without magic, free from the ash of the planet below, yet still fertile. He called it the Sky Continent of Benea, in a bit of personal hubris. Shaping it, he focused all he can into making it a work of art, with new lakes and impressive valleys, a mountain range filled with great resources, vast plains, and in a place where the sun would shine and the rain could sustain the continent.

Benevilan lifts a large landmass into the sky, known as the Sky Continent of Benea.

-------------------------------------------------
Its probably quite big for a magical landmark, but it IS a landmark, so I'll see if its okay.

So with this, the total landmass has been altered to 40% Land 60% Ocean. If only because I made a big ocean to isolate the land I separated. Though, this leads to a question; if land is flying, does it count towards landmass if an ocean is under it?

The secret's going to get out eventually unless you put in some secrecy enforcing thing.
You know, there is no guarantee that they will survive said thing mentioned. Lets just say you amputate your best sword arm, you still are going to have to survive the blood loss from said amputation. Not to mention that said arm is going to look VERY unnatural when it comes back, so people are probably going to try to disassociate from whoever does it. Not to mention if you throw, lets just say a sibling into the forge, I doubt they would be very happy. All they could remember is the 'hatred' you had when you pushed them in. Not to mention they might not come back in a way you intend.

Basically, are you willing to give up something which could REALLY bite you in the ass later on?

Of course, it could be a 'you can't want it' sort of deal. If you can casually say "Hey, I am going to chop off my arm so it comes back stronger!" or "I am going to throw my grandfather's sword in!", you probably were not that attached to it in the first place, so you would just lose your bloody arm/sword.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:51:09 pm by Humaan »
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2015, 01:58:32 pm »

Changed it to take in your suggestions. Thanks guys.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2015, 02:25:37 pm »

Changed it to take in your suggestions. Thanks guys.
No Problem. The only issue with God Games is you have to look at the future of something you create, something which isn't as easy as it looks.

Of course, another hole has been created by your detail, though a bit more minor; how can they instruct the forge not to turn something into the metal if no one ever remembers afterward? Is there a instruction manual in there? Can the forge talk? I'd recommend taking out that line and let it detect intent to some level; if someone thinks the Forge can bring use to a (naturally) destroyed arm to use, maybe it would make the are out of his flesh, brand new and a bit better then it normally would be. Someone who sacrifices an arm to get a stronger one would get it, but it would be made out of the metal the forge is made out of, and it would be obvious why he did that.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2015, 02:53:39 pm »

(My computer just crashed right after I was about to finish anywho...)

Ardnahc staried into the world. Saddened by the lack of metal to tinker with, he summoned huge pockets of metal and ore into the ground and mountains. He then created a vial of dark tears, hidden deep within the earth. The vial of dark tears replenishes itself. When poured onto metal, it becomes corrupted and evil.

He then watched, and waited

Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 03:28:51 pm »

Ardnahc staried into the world. Saddened by the lack of metal to tinker with, he summoned huge pockets of metal and ore into the ground and mountains. He then created a vial of dark tears, hidden deep within the earth. The vial of dark tears replenishes itself. When poured onto metal, it becomes corrupted and evil.

You might want to remove your old post, just edit it out, to avoid any confusion.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 08:52:37 pm »

I hungered, and mischief suited my appetite.  I became beneath the earth and ate the space between the vial and a truly vast deposit of pure gold, a mother lode so great it would enrich any civilisation that found it such that even beggars would beg with golden bowls.  I devoured the lid and left the vial ever so slightly tilted.  Drip, drip, drip for countless aeons.  What avarice might spawn from such a noble metal, made so base?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2015, 01:09:34 am »

((I was given to understand that living things would come into play in the next phase, or are we doing underlying ecologies now?))

Beneath wheel a mountain rose up into the heavens, and became much greater by far. The mountain was stretched into a ribbon, and spun around the world to form a ring. The ring was split into three, each of differing girth, and the rings were set to spin along their length, to hold themselves aloft, and spin across their length, to be above every part of the world in due time.
 Into the innermost band rose a great lodestone, to make light the works below.
 Into the band beyond that rose much water, which settled flat and polished and perfectly reflected whatever lay beneath it.
 Into the band of greatest girth rose a great mound of the world's flames, that settled and cast light and warmth to whatever could see it.

((So three rings, all of them in stable orbits and also- ohey, if they are in stable orbits then they have enough centrifugal force to stay aloft, if they then spin upon a fixed axis in adition to that, then their mid-points will be faster and their axis-points will be slower, so they will be pulled apart, ehh, can I say a god did it without it being an artefact?
Anyway, they are each supposed to have a different axis and there is basically a star, a mirror, and a magnet orbiting like moons and they are each attached to a wide band that goes completely around the world. And they would be a little outside of the atmosphere if we had an atmosphere...))
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2015, 03:31:57 am »

((That reminds me))

I opened my eye and looked at the world. Then I opened my eye and looked at the world. Some of the great ash clouds spewed out by my volcanoes shuddered, transforming into a thick, breathable atmosphere.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:45:50 am by Demonic Spoon »

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2015, 10:16:32 am »

((That reminds me))

I opened by eye and looked at the world. Then I opened my eye and looked at the world. Some of the great ash clouds spewed out by my volcanoes shuddered, transforming into a thick, breathable atmosphere.
Good call, I can't believe we forgot that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6