Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Legend of Aetheria (A different kind of godgame)  (Read 13590 times)

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legend of Aetheria (A different kind of godgame)
« on: June 15, 2015, 11:54:56 am »

Aetheria, a lifeless world of fire and rock, another chunk of rock drifting through reality, doomed, perhaps forever, to be an empty world. Until they came, the great beings, some call them Wanderers, others name them Titans, but whatever the name, their impact on Aetheria would be felt for eons to come. They where not of Aetheria, not even from the same dimension, and some believe they where from another universe entirely, but these strange beings of incredible power came to Aetheria, and saw something else, beyond its exterior, a great power was sensed in the world, it was no known why it was there, only that it was, magic unlike anything they had sensed before in their travels across worlds.

And so it was that the first of them, Deravro, came to the decision, such amazing power should not be left idle, it should be embraced, utilized and gifted for others to use, not they themselves though, for they already had more than enough power, but new life, life from Aehteria itself. But Aetheria was a burning rock, lifeless and empty, so it would first have to be changed, and thus a great project was begun, to change Aetheria, and make it into a new world, a world in which life could thrive and come to understand the gift Aetheria had to offer to them.

Spoiler: Great Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Creatures of Aetheria (click to show/hide)

So new game from me, its my last attempt at running one of these, if this thread dies then well, I guess I'll just participate form now on. Anyway most of you probably don't even know what I'm talking about, so I'll just get to the point, this game is based off one of my previous games You Are an Ancient Alien, but of course with a fantasy theme this time around. The game will be you creating your own fantasy race and then guiding it on this world of Aetheria with the other races.

First three turns of the game you are the great beings building the world from scratch, first the world itself, then the biosphere, then your chosen race. After that you will be the caretakers left behind by the great beings, guiding your chosen race in this new world.

For player limit I'm going to be generous for myself and put the max at eight, if you are interested simply give me the name of your great being and put in anything else you feel necessary, after a while I'll come back and we can start the first turn.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 05:20:04 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Aetheria
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:17:27 pm »

I am Zur, the Watching Eye. This planet and its energies interest me. Let my creations flourish across it. So let it be!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:32:35 am by Demonic Spoon »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Aetheria (A different kind of godgame)
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 01:02:56 pm »

Thanks for the advice
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 02:17:25 pm »

I am Ulth, the Never-Sated Maw.  I hunger without end, and I will bring absence to this world.  Let the void stretch across it.  So let it be!
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 02:39:54 pm »

I am Oplo, the Cold One. I bring the chill of my breath to spread across this new world. So let them freeze!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:07:56 pm by Ama »

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 02:45:24 pm »

I am Benevilan, the Protector. I guard over the world, and guard against malevolence, so the light of Life may ever flourish. May darkness ever tremble.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 02:49:47 pm »

I am Ardnahc, the tinkerer. I live to create. May change be brought.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:58:15 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 03:24:11 pm »

Wheel of Cycles, may they eternally grow.

A seemingly worn stone ring with an infinite amount of intricate carvings upon its surface.
It is constantly growing larger, but this never affects the amount of space that it occupies.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:27:39 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 03:41:55 pm »

I am Odar the Industrious I will bring efficiency and strength to this barren world

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 10:18:52 pm »

The great beings gathered, all looking at this new world, a world soon to be filled with life, but first the world must be shaped anew, and made suitable for the life to come.

Together, you guys will shape the world itself, create the continents and shape the land. In this turn you will also each be able to make a single natural magical artifact, as mentioned before something like a mountain filled with magical metal and the like. You can add fluff to your action if you want to, though it isn't necessary, just tell me continents you make, their basic terrain and location, and then whatever magical artifact you add to the world, and of course where you put it.

Spoiler: Great Beings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:04:48 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 10:49:20 pm »

Wheel Cycled the fire onto the rock and the rock under the fire, causing empty cracks, caverns and channels deep beneath the surface.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 12:23:36 am »

((Full?))

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 12:49:38 am »

I have room for one more, and nothing too important has happened yet, so you can join if you want
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 12:51:46 am »

I am Tarros, the timeless, here to watch the eons pass. May the void once again grow bright with the lives of mortals.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 01:03:54 am »

Now you can take your first turn
In denial of sanity...

and insanity
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6