Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Frontier (ISG)  (Read 15658 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier (ISG)
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2015, 03:08:32 pm »

I know. I'd been mostly referring to not having a knife for a woodworking tool when I was talking about that. Although I don't see where we're gonna get and/or attach hinges. I suppose they could be wood, but that swells up when it gets wet and...well...yeah. But if Gideon only needs a hammer...eh.

Still good to have a knife though.

Spinning wheel is mostly to turn that white stuff into either cloth, rope, or string.
These settlers are obviously a different species than humans so maybe they have so sort of hidden cutting edge on them.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2015, 03:55:43 pm »

Make a door, but with the handle being in the middle and a concave shape so it can be adapted into a rudimentary shield, boat, or carrying apparatus once better door materials are obtained along with his allowing the door to be barred with minimal effort.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2015, 03:56:49 pm »

Make a door, but with the handle being in the middle and a concave shape so it can be adapted into a rudimentary shield, boat, or carrying apparatus once better door materials are obtained along with his allowing the door to be barred with minimal effort.
+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2015, 04:02:52 pm »

Lets have one of the woodcutters work on that while the other refines.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2015, 04:28:53 pm »

We should probably get some shelter going soon, maybe not immediately though. The following ideas are a bit scattered, so instead of +1ing posts, I'll just concatenate them here:
-Gideon finish wheel. I'm not sure why we wanted a wheel, but no need to waste the effort Gideon's already put in.
-One woodcutter continue refining wood.
-Other wood cutter, make a door to Shadestyle's specifications:
-Miner keep mining
-Knapper keep knife-making
-Reed guy, bring the reeds up to where the rest of the loot is kinda being kept, then start making a smelter/kiln thing out of rocks.Be sure to clear away the grass near the smelter, so we don't start a wildfire.
-Digger keep digging.

After this, I think we should start work on spears and shelter.

Also, how deep is the miner's mineshaft/cave thingy now? How many settlers could fit in it comfortably?

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2015, 05:15:41 pm »

Its pretty small, need more mining action.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2015, 05:24:35 pm »

Maybe make some support beams so the mine shaft doesn't collapse as you go deeper inside?
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2015, 05:25:05 pm »

It's solid rock.

Feral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2015, 05:30:01 pm »

Turn: 9

The end of the day approaches. The settlers get a nice view of the sunset here. It will be night next turn.

The woodcutter has nearly refined the whole tree.

Another metal ore is found on the miner's side. He takes a look at today's progress. Chipping away at this mountain is tough work. He's mined enough to where he can step inside if he slouches a bit. Not bad.

The trench is coming along nicely.

The remaining four are working on various projects. Spear parts, a knife, and a door. The spear parts and knife will be done next turn. Gideon halted construction of the spinning wheel. It can be started up again by anyone, at anytime.

Equipment/Resources:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My forum games:

6 and the Sun (ISG/Multiplayer) An experimental god game.

Frontier (ISG) A survival/village building game.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2015, 05:46:07 pm »

It's solid rock.
Your point being?

Mines need supports, Kevak. Rocks break.

Also I think none of us realized what those wheels were until now. They seemed like the spinning wheels but apparently not. Which is cool, I like that we have an indicator like that.

Everybody continue crafting if you're crafting.

Digger keep digging.

Woodcutter finish refining, then bring all the refined wood you can over near the other piles of stuff.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2015, 05:56:33 pm »

Digger should stop digging. Need him working on spears. Everybody should be working on spears. Except Miner. Who should be Mining. Digger needs to make spearheads.

Refining Woodcutter needs to carry wood over.

Door person, finish door.

Knife person, finish knife.

Feral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2015, 05:58:08 pm »

Also I think none of us realized what those wheels were until now. They seemed like the spinning wheels but apparently not. Which is cool, I like that we have an indicator like that.
Oh yeah, my bad. A gear icon means the construction or crafting is in progress. A red X on it means it's been halted.
My forum games:

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2015, 06:01:00 pm »

Hmm. Nighttime came rather quickly. Spear- and knife-makers, finish up your projects, then bring them and everything else you can carry over to the cave. Tools are a priority, then building materials. Door maker, digger, miner, wood refiner, drop projects and haul building materials over to the cave. Put food and ore inside the cave. Knife-maker, keep the knife. Gideon, give the finished spear to the other spear-maker.

Everyone, prepare to defend yourselves from night terrors.

Next turn, we should build a simple barricade out of whatever construction materials we manage to bring over.

It's solid rock.
Your point being?

Mines need supports, Kevak. Rocks break.

Everybody continue crafting if you're crafting.

Digger keep digging.

Woodcutter finish refining, then bring all the refined wood you can over near the other piles of stuff.
The mine is currently shallow enough that supports aren't a priority.

Yeah, I'm really liking those work indicators, too. The 'partially finished' one is good; I hate it when dropping a project resets all the work on it.

I think we should be a bit more urgent in pulling back.
Digger should stop digging. Need him working on spears. Everybody should be working on spears. Except Miner. Who should be Mining. Digger needs to make spearheads.

Refining Woodcutter needs to carry wood over.

Door person, finish door.

Knife person, finish knife.
I don't think spears are a priority. Everyone has a weaponizable tool, once the spear and knife are finished. We should focus on defenses.

The door person won't finish the door this turn, so he should just leave it until morning.

Feral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2015, 11:20:10 am »

Turn: 10

It is now night. It will be fully dark next turn. The settlers will not be able to continue working in full darkness without some kind of light. They are also quite drained.

A knife, spear head, and spear shaft is made. The digger puts the spear head and shaft together and gives the spear to the unarmed settler.

The woodcutter finished us refining the tree. This final turn yields two leaf piles from the tree.

The miner keeps at it. He can't wait for some rest.

The door maker halts construction. He and the others bring all materials to the mine.

Equipment/Resources:

My forum games:

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2015, 11:22:45 am »

Alright guys. Sleep in shifts. Two settlers keeping watch at a time. Wake the rest should evil come.

Making a light would be a bad idea, as that would ruin their night vision.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12