Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Frontier (ISG)  (Read 15637 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier (ISG)
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2015, 08:47:16 pm »

Someone climb up the mountain and get a view.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2015, 11:29:47 pm »

Also, using high powered night vision, I gleaned some potentially important hypothetical information.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2015, 11:34:07 pm »

((It's a still image, so it's possible that they did move, or look left and right once in a while, during their watch.))

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2015, 11:45:55 pm »

((It's a still image, so it's possible that they did move, or look left and right once in a while, during their watch.))

((Yeah, this is just some very slight variables, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the whole mystery thief matter. we do know however, that they most definitely at least looked in the direction of the blue areas, if not more.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2015, 11:47:45 pm »

Normal human field of view is a little more than 180 degrees.

And different settlers had different shifts. I think it's safe to assume the tracks are the culprit.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2015, 06:05:40 am »

I wonder who stole our junk. I suggest we get 2 people to mining, so one turn or another we need to make another pick axe. When we made a big enough hole in the mountain, we need to store our stuff here. Also need more lights in the night.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2015, 07:11:29 am »

Scouter needs to go after the tracks. Preferably with the spear.
+1

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2015, 07:26:07 am »

+1
-1. We don't want anyone going alone into the wilderness; we don't even know what the culprit looks like! I say we wait until night falls again, then have people sleep in shifts in teams of two, one with a spear and one with a knife, and have them guard the food. Patience is a virtue, and it wasn't really a major loss anyhow. We can still harvest from the trees and bushes.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2015, 08:16:58 am »

+1
-1. We don't want anyone going alone into the wilderness; we don't even know what the culprit looks like! I say we wait until night falls again, then have people sleep in shifts in teams of two, one with a spear and one with a knife, and have them guard the food. Patience is a virtue, and it wasn't really a major loss anyhow. We can still harvest from the trees and bushes.
Well we should probably scout along anyways. Who knows how long those tracks will remain.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2015, 09:47:06 am »

Axe, not a knife.

And we really don't need to mine at the moment. Food and bedrolls take príority.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2015, 12:53:56 pm »

I vote in favour of pursuing the thief. As Fallatus said, the tracks could disappear, and then we'd have to confront the thief in the dark.
Scout: take spear and knife, follow tracks. Eat whatever food the food-gatherer gets first on your way.
Woodworker: continue door.
Digger: continue water trench.
Miner: continue mining.
Someone: use rock, make ore smelter.
Someone else: gather enough food for everyone.
Gideon: if food-gathering guy needs help to gather enough food for everyone, help him. If not, take reeds/leaves/wood and start making beds.
Everyone: eat food when it is gathered, greet the visitors.

For tonight, we should put the door in front of the cave and store our loot in there. Also, we may want to either make torches or use some rocks and make a firepit.

Feral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2015, 04:40:36 pm »

No update tonight. It seems like Shadestyle's post has the most favor. Along with tracking the footprints.

A diet of only fruit won't last long. Meat and a way to cook it will be needed soon.

Speaking of which, would it be possible to collect the seeds from the plants we grab? Starting a cotton farm would be nice.
Yep. Planting one bulb will yield a Whitewisp plant. You'll need a hoe to till the soil. Uprooting and replanting the wild whitewisps is viable too.
Also, using high powered night vision, I gleaned some potentially important hypothetical information.

Like the others were saying, the guards didn't just look in those two directions. They were patrolling around the area, I just had to put them somewhere for the picture.
My forum games:

6 and the Sun (ISG/Multiplayer) An experimental god game.

Frontier (ISG) A survival/village building game.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2015, 04:43:45 pm »

Till earth near Gregory, for shelter. Or hoe. Whatever one does first.
One wheel short of a wagon

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2015, 07:36:56 pm »

No update tonight. It seems like Shadestyle's post has the most favor. Along with tracking the footprints.

A diet of only fruit won't last long. Meat and a way to cook it will be needed soon.

Speaking of which, would it be possible to collect the seeds from the plants we grab? Starting a cotton farm would be nice.
Yep. Planting one bulb will yield a Whitewisp plant. You'll need a hoe to till the soil. Uprooting and replanting the wild whitewisps is viable too.

Like the others were saying, the guards didn't just look in those two directions. They were patrolling around the area, I just had to put them somewhere for the picture.
Alright. For the future, we should definitely get a better supply of food. For the meat, the first thing I thought of was bow hunting, but then I realized there's a hunting implement way simpler than a bow: bolas. It's just two rocks tied together with string, and you throw them at animals' legs, wrapping around and effectively tying their legs together, at which point you spear them. Bonus points because you can choose not to finish them with the spear and instead have a captured animal.
We still need string though.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2015, 07:39:56 pm »

Once we kill an animal the bones should go towards

For fishing.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12