Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale Clicker Game Meta Thread: Damned Robots!  (Read 11197 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Sale Clicker Game Meta Thread: Damned Robots!
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 12:54:24 pm »

I've gotten four cards so far. I got one card just for starting the game up yesterday.

By the way, if you middle-click on the 'play game' option on the store page you can leave the game open in a separate window while leaving your store page open, useful for me since I like to check the sales while the game is still running.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 01:59:03 pm »

I wonder if Steam sales are down because everyone is too busy playing Robo-clicker and not looking at games :P
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 03:27:22 pm »

I think making this game team-based was a big mistake.

I noticed last night that the vast majority of my team (90%+) was dead all the time. They'd revive, then instantly die. Most of them were probably people who joined, clicked once or twice, then quit. Normally, that's not a problem - except the 1000 person limit per team. So your team's progress is decided by the number of "active" vs "inactive" players you have.

Again, not a huge problem, except you can't really choose your team - yes you can join friend's games, but with the 10 level difference limit and the fact that most people don't have anywhere near 1000 friends it means teams are almost completely random. You also have no way of kicking the inactive people (not that I think there should be) so you're just stuck with them, and while you can switch games.... doing so resets you completely.

What makes it even worse is the leechers who never click anything get the exact same reward as the 10% of people who actually play.

I know, it's a stupid clicker game. And I know, the only reward is a meaningless badge so I'm probably overthinking it... but on the other hand my team made it to level 120, and I see other teams that are on level 300 and I realize there's absolutely nothing I can do about that, it kind of ruins the whole thing.

I know I'm going to be clicking it a lot less today, that's for sure.

Edit: to be clear, by active I don't mean people who play 20 hours a day, I mean people who actually came back a few times to buy armor and weapon upgrades so they don't die instantly every time they respawn and contribute nothing
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:32:06 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 03:33:30 pm »

In the more active games its kinda batshit crazy because everything is getting thrown out nonstop, and autoclickers make tons of in-game dosh due to so much coin rain being thrown out (this game is lvl 420+ right now and still rising fast).

They should make the lvl 1000 boss be Gaben and play the Gaben song.

Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 03:38:14 pm »

lvl 420+ right now
I'll ask the question we all need to know.

Is the boss a giant marijuana leaf?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2015, 12:25:29 am »

Lvl 1000 cleared, boss not Gaben, 3/10

I wonder how far this group will go now before the reset...  hell just everyone in this group could split into every other persons games after this and force all the milestones to be reached due to the extra items buy shit.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 12:35:43 am »

I've had my game running in the background for about 12 hours if the clock in the top left is accurate, and we're at level 572. I've never been good at these cookie clicker games... if that makes any sense.

Is there a place you can see what milestones you/your game has achieved? I have no idea if we've gotten anything, or if milestones are on a per-game basis or all games globally unlocking stuff for everyone.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 12:43:22 am »

The milestones are global.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 02:39:08 am »

Hm... I got a card when I first opened the game, but I haven't gotten any others, and I've definitely spent a few hours actively playing. Are the drops just completely random? Do they not happen if you have a game in your library open? (I've been farming cards to sell while the prices are higher...)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 05:50:23 am »

so there is nothing actually to 'win' either personally or as a team? it's just there to steal cpu?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 08:04:34 am »

Hm... I got a card when I first opened the game, but I haven't gotten any others, and I've definitely spent a few hours actively playing. Are the drops just completely random? Do they not happen if you have a game in your library open? (I've been farming cards to sell while the prices are higher...)

I got two yesterday, somehow. One from opening the game the other from, I don't even remember, but I got it very soon after the first one.

I got one today from opening the game and didn't get any other ones, despite having it open and clicking sometimes for about an hour while I downloaded a game.

So I don't know exactly what you do to get the second one.

so there is nothing actually to 'win' either personally or as a team? it's just there to steal cpu?

Basically.... yes. It's a clicker game, there's no end.

You get a higher number on your badge the more levels you finish, and in theory you get card drops from it (though that part does not seem to work quite right). Other then that, it's just for fun so play if you think it's fun, and if you don't think it's fun just click join once a day for the free card and forget about it.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

defeeca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2015, 08:35:34 am »

didnt know that levels were a thing my group got to level 1400 doing levels really fast. but i think the game doesn't recognize doing stuff at that high level no cards were dropping for me. i started a new game and instantly got a card.
Also it seems like everything has 3 tiers of unlocks at least automation had only 3. also the costs will get ridiculous at 10 of everything like level 10 railcannon costs 160 million gold to achieve. same with the autoclickker
energy shields are kinda ridiculous as well had like 600 000 hp with only 5 levels of energy shields.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:23:51 am by defeeca »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2015, 08:50:43 am »

I've had my game running in the background for about 12 hours if the clock in the top left is accurate, and we're at level 572. I've never been good at these cookie clicker games... if that makes any sense.

Is there a place you can see what milestones you/your game has achieved? I have no idea if we've gotten anything, or if milestones are on a per-game basis or all games globally unlocking stuff for everyone.
The screen where you hit resmue your game should tell you. There's also a badge for playing and tells you what level you're on.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2015, 11:06:12 am »

So, just hit 1600 before the game ended today. It seems that unlike what the text of the faq suggests, you don't earn multiple cards staying in a single game. Some have apparently gained their 3 cards by joining different games, which really isn't how it is written to work.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2015, 11:47:42 am »

I gave it a try yesterday, but it isn't fun - improving your stats has no visible effect on the game (because there are 999 other players), aside from health, which just keeps you from having to respawn as often, although using the one-time buffs does because they affect everyone. Actively playing gets you more gold faster, so you can buy upgrades so you can be better at getting more gold faster, etc. But what's the point?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4