Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale Clicker Game Meta Thread: Damned Robots!  (Read 11185 times)

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
Steam Summer Sale Clicker Game Meta Thread: Damned Robots!
« on: June 11, 2015, 06:09:22 pm »

Probably best to put this here instead of polluting the steam sales thread.

Anyway, game is an afk/clicking game where you kill robots and eventually bosses that drop... loot?  Apparently some organization is needed on the boss stages as well because critters keep respawning and if damage is too focused you stay on those stages... forever.

Remember, its still just a marketing game, dont ruin your life (or your hands, use a clicker! or just afk!) playing it.

Game resets every day but you get bonuses on how much you did the previous day I think, so more organized/bigger groups likely get more.

So... assuming steam doesn't crash and burn and die over and over... who all is in these games?  Should probably lump all in together and use the steam DF community chat to talk about it.

Edit: Here comes the random info/FAQ section!

Q: Can I join anyones game?
A: You can only join a game thats less than 10 levels above your maximum completed level, I'm fairly certain this is "BOSS LEVEL", not actual level, as a lvl 30 game was unable to join a lvl 37 game

Q: If I swap games, do I keep my gold and upgrades?
A: No, as soon as you swap you lose everything.  Swapping back does not give you back your upgrades for that game.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:19:49 pm by Moghjubar »
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Summer Sale Clicker Game Meta Thread: Damned Robots!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 06:14:08 pm »

It would help if it worked at all.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 06:17:25 pm »

Day 1 Steam Sale anythings are always a train wreck. By tomorrow they'll probably have dedicated several more servers to handling the load.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 06:18:37 pm »

Got a final in 4 minutes, so PTW and To Come Back After It's Done.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 06:21:47 pm »

I asked in the sale thread before I saw this one, but I'll put it here too: is there any point to actually playing this manually?

Manual clicks do more damage, and manual upgrades are more effective, but on the other hand compared to the dps of all the afk autoclickers my manual clicks are nothing - for example right now the lane I'm in is doing 720,000 dps and I do ~2000 damage per click. I feel like I'm destroying my mouse for no reason, and it even seems like I get more gold with the game closed.

Also be careful about buying upgrades while downloading, I bought 10 upgrades, lost 10 upgrades worth of gold and only got 1 upgrade in return.

Edit: My download is finished and I still lose money buying things sometimes, I guess the whole game is just lagged/bugged.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:38:32 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 06:23:12 pm »

Instead of breaking your mouse, and wasting funds on "auto-clickers", here's an actual auto-clicker (90ms is a good enough rate for maximum clicks; 150ms is a good "average" click rate). It'll save you bundles from buying a replacement mouse.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:27:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 06:26:40 pm »

the ingame autoclickers click when the game is closed too, so it's not a waste (unless you plan on leaving the game running all night).

Also it kind of feels like cheating, so I don't know.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 06:36:54 pm »

I do wonder who in the company thought this game was a good idea? This is a recipe to crash the servers on a regular basis. As if the server issues with the sales wasn't already bad enough.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 06:49:48 pm »

I do wonder who in the company thought this game was a good idea? This is a recipe to crash the servers on a regular basis. As if the server issues with the sales wasn't already bad enough.

It's not even Valve trolling its entire userbase...  It's Valve allowing its userbase to troll itself.  Trollception.

As for the game, I can't be arsed, even if I had the time to bother.  I suspect the game is some sort of social experiment.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 07:22:18 pm »

Seems about right. # of actual gamers vs. # of "Gamers". If I got the Facebooking correct.

Alternatively:
How prone is a game to being cheated on? Depends on the hassle involved in playing it. Thus why I use an auto-clicker. Spare my mouse and hassle of actually "playing" the "game". The height of laziness is inversely (or is it directly?) proportional to the amount of work there is, and the amount of work one is willing to do. I've reached Olympus Mons levels of lazy here.

EDIT:
The auto-clicker I linked to is legit, and definitely worth having for this.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:08:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 07:49:59 pm »

I recently had to gut my mouse to pry the springs back into shape. It was not particularly fun and I'd rather not have to do it again, this mouse costs a lot of money and apparently nobody else can be bothered to make one similar. I do have a macro on my keyboard that can click but I don't think it's worth that trouble...

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 08:43:07 pm »

I don't know if someone discovered a cheat or what, but all the sudden the game I'm in started blowing through levels extremely fast - around 1 minute per level. The boss took a little longer (~8 minutes) but still... much, much faster then it was going.

It's either one person, or an organized group because you can watch the enemy life - it goes down really slow, except whatever monster they are targeting which just melts, then after they vaporize the whole lane you can watch which lane they switch to because it starts getting vaporized too.

Edit: probably just me being paranoid, it seems ok now
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:00:52 pm by BurnedToast »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 09:22:35 pm »

It's probably just you synching up the play data.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 04:48:16 am »

Well it's definitely working a lot better today. I got the auto-clicker and have it running on my work computer today. My only job is to read through a script on paper and listen and check that the voice actor is reading all the sentences right (we're recording lines for a language-learning app). So I'm just sitting here checking things off, and occasionally moving the mouse to the next enemy.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 12:50:56 pm »

It say that the game drops trading cards. Does it actually do that? It says I've earned 4 or so but I haven't gotten any.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 4