Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 76543 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2015, 10:59:04 pm »

I'm seriously impressed by all the votes BMC has managed to get in that votecount, and its 3 away from hammer. Quickpost to show I'm alive and intending to play. I'm about to head to bed, but I'll get a post out tomorrow.

Yeah, the number of votes makes me wonder how many of the voters are scum hopping on a wagon. If BMC flips town, then we should take a good look at all the voters. The same goes for SK, really, since the scum aren't on his team either. If he flips mafia/mafia-equivalent, it's not as suspicious, but it would be likely that some of his allies bussed him later in the vote.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2015, 02:21:44 pm »

Cheeetar:
I say that particularly because the other apparent post restrictions (see: OSG, Lenglon) weren't convincing me too much. That one thing actually looked a bit like one. We don't really gain anything from pointing out post restrictions though. They're generally only there to fuck with the person who has them.
True, although posting restrictions are usually an "always on" sort of thing.  So you'd end up seeing a pattern.  If anything, you could say it ties in with an ability activation, but I really don't see how it was all that out of place.

Tiruin:
So...I'm a fish. ._.
Are you actually a fish, or is this some kind of self-deprecating comment?

TheDarkStar:
Yeah, the number of votes makes me wonder how many of the voters are scum hopping on a wagon. If BMC flips town, then we should take a good look at all the voters. The same goes for SK, really, since the scum aren't on his team either. If he flips mafia/mafia-equivalent, it's not as suspicious, but it would be likely that some of his allies bussed him later in the vote.
I wouldn't necessarily think so.  I remember doing some looking at vote patterns and you would maybe see one (or two, depending on the size of the game) mafia members on a wagon lynch.  I think the general meta of "scum pile on wagons" has caused a general behavior of scum avoiding piling on wagons, because that's what everyone is expecting to see.  I'd bet if we look back post-game we'd see a bit more of a spread to the scum votes.

IronyOwl:
TheDarkStar:
IronyOwl might be declared Town, but does that mean anything? "Confirmed Town" have flipped both town and scum in other mafia games, so it doesn't tell us that much.
Awfully quick to discredit that, aren't you? You ask if being confirmed town means anything, then immediately answer your own question with "well it's happened before, so no, clearly not."

Why? Does having confirmed town make you nervous?
In a webadict game, it might.  Could you see webadict coming up with a scum/3rd party role that has a "confirmed town" ability?  I certainly don't see that as unreasonable. 

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2015, 03:09:43 pm »

So first I would like to appologize for not answering these sooner. I was having a bout of depression where I close off the world, while also lashing out and trying to prove that I'm creative and not useless. The only success I got for that was a single upvote on the Steam workshop for a User Level on Portal 2. Which left me very hollow feeling, fueling the depressed feeling. You can thank Dermonster for extending a facsimile of human contact to snap me out of it (He sent me a funny video).

Why do you assume that they can only use it once per day phase?

Also- whoever stole it, you should own up to it.
I assume so because most powers can only be used once per phase; Second FAQ question in "Webadict on Roles" states you can only use one ability during a phase unless your role SPECFICALLY says you can. I am assuming that extends to using the same power more than once.

flabort:
Dorsidwar Based on your own initial knowledge of the game's balance based on your own role, how large of a scum team would you guess we are dealing with?

Everyone else If you had to daykill someone right now, who would you kill?
Lenglon for autistic bullshit, OSG for weird crap and no substance, or you for this nice fishing. Deeply concerned about how powerful a role Dorsidorf has?

Unvote ToonyMan.
Flabort- somebody actioned you. How do you know, and what do you know of the intended/actual effect of the action?
I got a PM saying I lost a vote; therefore I successfully got somebody to voteblock or steal my vote through my "shenanigans". Therefor I can safely say that there is at least one person out there with a power that messes with votes. A day-based power, obviously since they used it before any nights could take place, and now they can't use it on anyone else this phase.
Why were you vague at first and then specific when asked about it? If you didn't mind the information being out, why not just state it to begin with? If you had reason to keep it secret, why reveal it anyway as soon as prodded?
No, no, I don't really care how powerful his role is. I just wanted his oppinion on what we are likely facing, and I asked about his role because it includes his alignment, which may or may not have been a scum or third party alignment that would have given him a more specific idea of the scum-team's numbers.

When asked specifically about being actioned, I answered specifically about the action. The question had nothing to do with my motivation behind my Vote Shakerag, unvote shenanigans, which I will continue to be vague about; it had to do with the (so far succesful) results.

Also, it's been said already, but using "autistic" as an insult is crossing a line. A great number of Bay12ers are on the autism spectrum, me included (I have no solid numbers on how many there are).

flabort: I missed your question earlier, but I'd probably daykill OSG because he can contribute literally nothing to the day game of town. Knowing how these games usually run though he'd probably flip as a town medium or something similar.
Noted. Which is more important to you in a game where everyone has powers, the day game or the night game?

flabort:
flabort:
If you could have any power with a %chance of randomly targeting someone other than your intended target, what power would you pick?
I can't answer that question as given.  What alignment am I?  Do I know if my target wasn't the intended one, and if so, who the new target is? 

I still don't understand what the hell you are trying to ask me, but since this is a bullshit RVS question, I'll just say "inspect" because who doesn't love an inspect?
That works. Thanks.
As for who doesn't love an inspect, anti-town roles when it is used on them.

Noted. Thanks for the answer; "OSG for likely disruptive role".
I nod with a smile in response to this.
If you could devise your own post restriction that you had to follow, what would it be?
and then shrug and point at myself.

I ignore this at first, then look at each of the people that answered my survey for a second before hurrying over to everyone in turn and correcting them with a pencil:
Quote from: Me to Everyone
Inspect Jail with %chance kill. use?
Mmm. Tougher than before. I'd use it as a roleblock on people I suspect; no use protecting people if I might accidentally kill them. This may have the side effect of protecting scum; they'd still be roleblocked and incapable of causing mischief, even if they don't die, so it's a good situation. Yes.
What do YOU think you'd do if it were a tracker-power with the chance to kill?
In response to this I simply replay his own words off my phone.
Hmm.... I want to say no, in that the risk of killing them outweighs the benefits of inspecting them, but then again killing is also a form of inspect, and unless it's night 1, you most likely are not firing at random but at people you suspect anyways. Yes.
So your "dream post restriction" is more or less the one you have now, and you consider Tracker powers to be about the same as Cop powers.
Would the answer be the same if asked about Watcher powers, Oracle powers, or similar?

flabort, I didn't do anything to your vote.
OK. I'm guessing you also don't know who did.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2015, 04:09:25 pm »

Replace out.
I'm not finding forum mafia fun at the moment, for some reason. General apathy and not caring about the game means I should just replace out, rather than bog down the game with "Dwaf why u no post three days" "can't be bothered"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2015, 04:12:29 pm »

Replace out.
I'm not finding forum mafia fun at the moment, for some reason. General apathy and not caring about the game means I should just replace out, rather than bog down the game with "Dwaf why u no post three days" "can't be bothered"
While you're asking for a replacement, you can still play until the time the mod announces, by the way.
RL issues, its very understandable. ._. But I really don't think anyone is going to hound a person for being absent...like, this early in-game (I mean look at me -.- same spot here, but I'm not feeling apathy).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2015, 04:34:29 pm »

I'm still in the middle of nowhere so can't take a proper read through until tomorrowish. I'll be back to ruin everyone's day shortly. For now, some minimal effort one liners:

Flabort
NQT Why did you crash this plane, you terrorist?
I wanted to watch it burn.

What strategy do you intend to employ in order to attain victory this game?
Kill enough of my enemies to achieve the wincon.

Toony
Who are we trying to fool here? That's not his name!
*checks* Well, everyday is a schoolday.

Right at game start? You or NQT. Eager beaver posters can't be up to any good.
I'm not up to nothing.

TDS
NQT: If you had a day-inspect, who would you inspect right now?
Tiruin, no one reads her right.

Shakerag
NQT:  Are you going to dazzle us with new techniques you learned from your experience in the Mafia championship?
Yes. As soon as I get back to a real computer I'm going to crack this game wide open.

BMC
Through liberal use of procured phone meta data and asking who wants to attend my totally legit "How to fund an Insurgency" seminars. Failing that, probably scumhunting.
I like your style, kid. Have an unvote

Sure. I've been reading over the last couple of BYORs though and it appears I have reason to be otherwise, because, sheesh, kills a plenty.
Are you particularly concerned with dying?

Lenglon
Inspect with %chance kill. use?
Yes, especially if the chance to kill was high.

Jack
NQT: What did you learn from the Championship that you might apply here?
Non-cop town should fake claim cop by D3 or D4 and make sure to have prepared false evidence of the inspection choices they intend to claim. If you're town I hope you're taking this to heart *wink wink*

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2015, 04:48:07 pm »

Well, at this moment I'd kill BMC to get everyone off his train. Start of Day 1? Probably Shakerag, to make him rage.

Persus13:  Do you have a favorite alignment to play?
Not particularly. I prefer team alignments more than solo ones though.

vei are vee killink peoples? I am not undershtant.
And so it begins.

Rather than speaking up, I walk over to each person in turn and hand them a simple pre-typed sheet of paper.
Inspect with %chance kill. use?

A kill is basically an inspect, so yes I would use it.

I'm seriously impressed by all the votes BMC has managed to get in that votecount, and its 3 away from hammer. Quickpost to show I'm alive and intending to play. I'm about to head to bed, but I'll get a post out tomorrow.

There's only 6 votes on him in a 16 player game. NQT's vote is from RVS, so its really only 5 votes (NQT just posted with an unvote), its perfectly possible there could be no scum voting for him.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2015, 04:52:56 pm »

flabort, Not yet, no.

Persus, Would you agree that it's fairly likely that there would be scum in a wagon that makes up ~a third of the players, though?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2015, 04:53:07 pm »

So...I'm a fish. ._.
Are you actually a fish, or is this some kind of self-deprecating comment?
It's more me being silly. I'm not a fish or connected in any way to those kinds of species.

Tiruin: Why're you out to kill us all with your sneaky plane-destroying ways?
But...I'm not out to kill anyone?
Or destroy aircraft?
Or inclined planes :(

Everyone:  Just as a kind of PSA thing, based on wording of things in my role, there may be a few (or more) abilities out there that can copy, steal, or remove abilities.  Also in the interest of disclosing information, I'm going to make a "pseudo-miller claim" such that my role prevents me from being inspected.  Also also, I'm town - not that I expect any of you to take me at my word.
Eh, I believe you.
My role can hug people to transfer feelings of admiration and gratefulness for them so I hug you. *hug*
Don't steal my hug.
And I'm replying in jest here, but I'll take you at your word.
Tiruin:  What's your favorite way to catch scum?
Attitude analysis! As well as pattern analysis and logical appraisal. This includes claim-checks (or downright ability usages to catch scum in relation to future findings in claims or actions presented).
In other words, I like catching scum with my mind.

Lenglon: Hi! Nice to see you again! :D
Query on your style of communication - beep your phone if the statement after the ">" is in anyway wrong (even the slightest):
> You're unable to communicate directly, but you can communicate indirectly, as shown by flavor.
Either you're being silly (and yet still understandable without confusion), or you missed being silly and a BYOR is the best place for it.
Inspect Jail with %chance kill. use?
Depends. Is it a focused target, and what approximate is the %?
If higher than 50; save for later (and for your suspects). If lower than 50%, use freely.
All assuming its not shot-limited.
If it is a limited-use; I advocate using it. But later on in-game and rather when you feel like it won't kill your target (if intent is benevolent due to others also acting and stuff)

I'd save it for tomorrow, then I'd daykill depending on the situation based on what happened or transpired the day prior.

Will make a better post later on and catch up with everything.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2015, 06:44:13 pm »

I'm working on a read post now.

(vow! Der are lot's of peoples here. Ach Ya!)

Should be done tomorrow sometime.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2015, 07:46:49 pm »

I'm having connectivity issues due to weather (fuck satellite internet!) and, as such, haven't been able to post/use the internet at all and with the coming weather probably won't be able to reliably for the next week so I'm going to have ask for a replacement.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2015, 07:53:06 pm »

I'm having connectivity issues due to weather (fuck satellite internet!) and, as such, haven't been able to post/use the internet at all and with the coming weather probably won't be able to reliably for the next week so I'm going to have ask for a replacement.
Wait? Where do you live that is having such terrible whether? Dallas?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2015, 03:41:59 am »

Lenglon:
Quote from: Me to Shakerag
easy
I raise an eyebrow at your word in the dirt.
As I do so, I mouth the word "seriously?" silently.

Okay, that's annoying as shit.  Can your restriction be lifted by another player saying something?  Doing something (in thread)?  Using an ability on you?
I shake my head from side to side.
So your "dream post restriction" is more or less the one you have now, and you consider Tracker powers to be about the same as Cop powers.
Would the answer be the same if asked about Watcher powers, Oracle powers, or similar?
I shake my head from side to side, draw 6 letters and a symbol in the dirt, and then shake my head from side to side.
Quote from: Me
Oracle?
Lenglon: Hi! Nice to see you again! :D
I smile and wave! followed by putting my knife away momentarily to run over and greet Tiruin!
Query on your style of communication - beep your phone if the statement after the ">" is in anyway wrong (even the slightest):
> You're unable to communicate directly, but you can communicate indirectly, as shown by flavor.
I beep my phone
I'd save it for tomorrow, then I'd daykill depending on the situation based on what happened or transpired the day prior.
I tilt my had to my right upon hearing Tiruin's response, get out my phone, and play back the question she just answered.
I think pick out a specific soundbyte from it, and play back just that segment.
right now
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2015, 03:44:30 am »

EBWOP: When I greet Tiruin, it is done by hugging, not words.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2015, 04:15:22 am »

I tilt my had to my right upon hearing Tiruin's response, get out my phone, and play back the question she just answered.
Oh, specifics? Erh, why I don't specify is because I'm pretty much a very un...ordinal-listing person when it comes to those questions. I work on attitude, and that means I'm pretty fluid depending on the day. Until now, I don't have -that- much of a concrete...solidarity(?) when looking at others, and if I had that daykill I'd pretty much be staring at it and thinking '...Fish. I have to use it now {supposing it has a 'one-shot, D1 use' or whatever shot but 'd1-use'}, it'd be REALLY hard to pick.

I know I won't be killing BMC though (I'm not a social conforming person :P Player-wise and RL wise), because I...err, 'know' his attitude and communication style -enough- that I can look at him just like I can look at everyone else here: the same neutral eye which contributes to 'Omg who to kill'.
Though I did have the thought to push it on Shakerag because I'm biased of him being silly, and his roles being...moderately annoyingly lovingly lethally inappropriate. But then its contradicted by 'anyone else could be this'.

...So I really can't answer that question specifically. My answer basically goes along 'I don't wanna kill  >:( even if the question makes me want to kill' even if I may have a scummy read of someone over the other someone, I haven't picked up anything which can really denote 'I want to kill you.'

I beep my phone
Hm...well, directly could also pertain to non-verbal actions, so..technicalities. Huh.
Rewording!
> You're unable to communicate directly, as in, conversationally. 'Directly' here doesn't cover action-language or body-language, it covers verbal conversation (like...how our text tries to mimic when we quote/respond/post at people).

And a separate question:
> You're bound in honesty. You may not outright lie.

And a separate separate question:
> You may not outright lie.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41