Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 76570 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Day 1: How To Land A Plane
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2015, 11:10:15 am »

EBWOP: Votecount, please.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2015, 11:10:45 am »

Apologies, I missed that one.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2015, 11:25:06 am »

OSG: Now that you can talk, what are your top scumpicks? Do you think the overall effect on the game will be different if BMC is a SK rather than a mafioso?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2015, 11:25:50 am »

EBWOP: My activity will be a bit low this week since I need to finish a book for university.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2015, 11:32:09 am »

EBWOP: Votecount, please.
Not enough time. Work and stuffs. You'll get one in about 7 hours or so.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2015, 11:33:40 am »

OSG: Now that you can talk, what are your top scumpicks? Do you think the overall effect on the game will be different if BMC is a SK rather than a mafioso?

Why do you think he's a mafioso specifically?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2015, 11:35:16 am »

blackmagechill:
IronyOwl: Is being confirmed town a relief or are you afraid of getting NK'd or never being able to use your rule due to repeated jailings?
Less "relief" and more SUCK IT EVERYONE I'M CONFIIIIIIIIRMED! Even though "confirmed" is an iffy thing in this case. I don't think the risk of being NK'd is that much higher than normal, but these things happen.

TheDarkStar:
IronyOwl might be declared Town, but does that mean anything? "Confirmed Town" have flipped both town and scum in other mafia games, so it doesn't tell us that much.
Awfully quick to discredit that, aren't you? You ask if being confirmed town means anything, then immediately answer your own question with "well it's happened before, so no, clearly not."

Why? Does having confirmed town make you nervous?

origamiscienceguy:
If I had a daykill, I wouldn't kill anyone day one because odds are I'd kill town.

If I had an investigative power, I'd investigate shakerag because everybody says that his roles are the craziest, so it makes sense.

Day 1 cow poop powers seem like a necessary thing, since from what I've heard, lots of people die the first day.

I do not know why I was on the plane.
How do you intend to find scum this game? Do you intend to find scum this game?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2015, 12:23:31 pm »

TheDarkStar:
IronyOwl might be declared Town, but does that mean anything? "Confirmed Town" have flipped both town and scum in other mafia games, so it doesn't tell us that much.
Awfully quick to discredit that, aren't you? You ask if being confirmed town means anything, then immediately answer your own question with "well it's happened before, so no, clearly not."

Why? Does having confirmed town make you nervous?

The question was rhetorical.

Confirmed town does not make me nervous. Why do you ask?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2015, 12:29:43 pm »

Lenglon, does your speech impediment actually prevent you from doing anything?
I shake my head from side to side once.
Lenglon: I poke Lenglon, and hand her a page with some text on it:
I lower my knife for the moment and put it away, get out my pencil, and get to writing. After I'm done, despite my poor handwriting, I pass the piece of paper back to Jack.
Quote from: Jack's Paper
"What exactly is your post restriction? speech, am me.  Do you consider the answers you've received for your RVS questions useful? yes  Which are the best answers?". all - risk comfort.
I watch Jack's face as he reads this, and after he's done and looks back up at me with dissatisfaction, I sigh and take the paper back, then get to work writing out a more complete answer.
Quote from: Note
Must stay me. Sentences hard. Speaking bad. Action easy.
After I'm done and hand it back to Jack, I shake out my wrist and glance around, pausing on the silent forms of Tiruin and Perseus13, followed by OSG before getting my knife back out and focusing once more on BMC.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2015, 12:42:16 pm »

BMC:
So the miller claim can do two things here. Cops can A) not inspect you and leave you to your own devices at night (which would no doubt be nice with the ridiculous shit you have cooked up) or B) they can inspect you and find out that you lied, or not believe you and waste an inspect. If you were town, you'd try and open up a path for the rest of us to clarify that you were.
-To be fair, as any alignment, I do try to cook up some ridiculous shit.  I can't deny that; it's my nature. 
-Miller argument: been there, done that, sold the t-shirt at a garage sale.  Suffice it to say that you won't get much traction here with that point.  It's generally been argued to a null-tell, or minorly townish (at least in the present environment).
-I thought claiming miller -is- opening a path to clarify what I am?
-Since you're scum, you obviously want to know what powers I have so you can gauge how dangerous I am to your wincon.

Did I ever ask about what your action was? Why would I want to know? As long as the person you visited doesn't die and flip town the next morning, I could really care less.
-The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less".
-You're not accounting for myself and one or more other people visiting the same person in the night.

This is really funny, because me and OSG actually had the same amount of votes before you voted me, except I've actually been playing this entire time while he's been (maybe) restricted to broken english and complete inability to understand what's going on.
-It's D1 and not close to the end of the day.  Why should I care more about who has more votes over finding who is acting the scummiest?
-I'm willing to give OSG the benefit of the doubt here in that he was just acting like an idiot naturally and not intentionally acting like an idiot.  It's not like BYORs are confusing or complicated or anything.  (P.S. I still hate you, webadict, for BYOR 10.)

It seems like you don't want anybody really looking into what you're planning tonight, Shakerag. Hopefully you won't make it far enough to regret it when someone tracks you.
-Since I'm town, I don't give a shit whether anyone tracks me or not.

Lenglon:
Quote from: Me to Shakerag
easy
I raise an eyebrow at your word in the dirt.
As I do so, I mouth the word "seriously?" silently.

Okay, that's annoying as shit.  Can your restriction be lifted by another player saying something?  Doing something (in thread)?  Using an ability on you?

Cheeetar:
The italicised statement seems like a post restriction in how ominous and out of place it is.
Why would you say that?  BMC hasn't had ominous and out of place italicized statements in other posts ...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2015, 02:16:39 pm »

-It's D1 and not close to the end of the day.  Why should I care more about who has more votes over finding who is acting the scummiest?
-I'm willing to give OSG the benefit of the doubt here in that he was just acting like an idiot naturally and not intentionally acting like an idiot.  It's not like BYORs are confusing or complicated or anything.  (P.S. I still hate you, webadict, for BYOR 10.)
LOL. I had to go back and check. I rememer that... You got what you paid for, pal. Maybe you shouldn't try to mess with the Penguin Mafia. When life gives you lemons, suck 'em.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2015, 08:12:40 pm »

Cheeetar:
The italicised statement seems like a post restriction in how ominous and out of place it is.
Why would you say that?  BMC hasn't had ominous and out of place italicized statements in other posts ...

I say that particularly because the other apparent post restrictions (see: OSG, Lenglon) weren't convincing me too much. That one thing actually looked a bit like one. We don't really gain anything from pointing out post restrictions though. They're generally only there to fuck with the person who has them.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2015, 08:45:27 pm »

So...I'm a fish. ._.
And I didn't totally have the intent to not post because the game totally did start when I was away because of total life issues (which I guess anyone could see if they saw my post history and checked the Happy thread .-.)

I'm giving this a re-read as I catch up with...everything.

Also hiii Lenglon. Just excited to see you again. This is totally OOC.

...Also, as my first real thing, I'm...pretty much defending BMC here, and don't think he's scum. Details forthcoming later.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Please Remain Seated While Other Passengers Are Boarding...
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2015, 08:46:55 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
blackmagechill - notquitethere, TheDarkStar, Shakerag, Lenglon, Deus Asmoth, ToonyMan,
Cheeetar -
Deus Asmoth -
Dorsidwarf -
flabort - Cheeetar, IronyOwl,
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Lenglon -
notquitethere -
origamiscienceguy - Teneb,
Persus13 -
Shakerag - blackmagechill,
Teneb -
TheDarkStar -
Tiruin - Dorsidwarf,
ToonyMan -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - flabort, origamiscienceguy, Persus13, Tiruin, Jack A T,

9 To Hammer. Day Ends on Monday 6 PM Central.

Let me know if there's any missing votes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2015, 10:23:41 pm »

I'm seriously impressed by all the votes BMC has managed to get in that votecount, and its 3 away from hammer. Quickpost to show I'm alive and intending to play. I'm about to head to bed, but I'll get a post out tomorrow.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41