Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830359 times)

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4320 on: November 30, 2015, 06:01:32 pm »

Spoiler: Vadim's first job (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: November 30, 2015, 06:27:18 pm »

I didn't think you could actually kill them.

You can kill one of them through normal means, the other is essential. But if I remember correctly there was a Skyrim bug where you could kill even essential (actually essential, and not just kinda-sorta-essential like followers) characters through the special execution animations characters would sometimes do to people with low health. It sounds like that bug is still around and is what happened for Yoink.

Some thoughts I had while playing today:

1. VATS drains my power core too quickly. It's pretty strange how my pip boy can power the VATS thingy forever (I believe that is supposed to be the ingame explanation of the feature), but as soon as I input it into the Power Armour it starts using battery like crazy. Maybe if you actually got any VATS-related bonuses for it...

2. I realised that if you pass by an cell close enough, but don't explore it because you're already 500 kgs above the limit and leaves it to come back later, all the corpses in it will despawn with time even if you haven't actually been to the cell itself (presumably because it was loaded in the distance?). I weep for all the fat lutes I have missed out on because of this.
Love, scriver~

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: November 30, 2015, 07:23:43 pm »

Some thoughts I had while playing today:

1. VATS drains my power core too quickly. It's pretty strange how my pip boy can power the VATS thingy forever (I believe that is supposed to be the ingame explanation of the feature), but as soon as I input it into the Power Armour it starts using battery like crazy. Maybe if you actually got any VATS-related bonuses for it...

2. I realised that if you pass by an cell close enough, but don't explore it because you're already 500 kgs above the limit and leaves it to come back later, all the corpses in it will despawn with time even if you haven't actually been to the cell itself (presumably because it was loaded in the distance?). I weep for all the fat lutes I have missed out on because of this.

I don't even try to make sense of the VATS, it doesn't fit any kind of logic or lore. As for the power armor, their cores were supposed to last for centuries of actual usage, in fallout 1/2 lore, if I recall properly.

Also AP is used when running, and something like the piezonucleic PA chest can help you recharge it faster, but power armor doesn't give you infinite AP, although it is powered by flipping fusion. In the end, it's all game mechanics so I just ignore it.

About that cell loading, it's also source of endless woes for me, I often find dead hostiles when visiting new places, and it's really frustrating that I couldn't be the one killing them. Often, I hear shooting in the distance and I go there and kill everyone but I'd rather not be forced to visit those places until I want to. Not to mention that there are areas so packed with such encounters that you could do this all day (and obviously you'd become overloaded quickly, forcing you to go back, and lose loot/xp...).

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: November 30, 2015, 08:11:53 pm »

anything that uses ap drains the power core.
holding your breath while sniping drains the powercore.
its pretty stupid XD
well, its also kind of inconsequentual. i finished the game with 150 power cores, and i was in power armor all the time the last 2/3 of the game (untill i had to be charismatic that is, then i hoped out to stun dudes with my awsum dress)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: November 30, 2015, 08:25:34 pm »

Fallout 1/2 power armor didn't run on power cores. T-51b armor instead used a backpack-mounted fusion generator that, IIRC, had some way of recycling its fuel or some other thing that basically kept it fueled essentially indefinitely.
Nothing important here, move along.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: November 30, 2015, 08:27:37 pm »

Actually the recycling systems of Fallout PA are absolutely awesome, recycles air, urine/water, fuel (hydrogen for fusion), scrubs radiation, simply amazing stuff for such a lightweight unit.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: November 30, 2015, 08:42:04 pm »

So I have created a new fortress that I am slowly converting into my home base.   It is powered by Sir Issac Newton spinning in his grave.

Unfortunately, all the residents seem to very hesitant to get into the thing and usually hang out on the ground.  I know they can get in it, because if I specifically order someone to go to a bed or the arty cannon on the roof they go there.  They can also get to the beds at night (usually)  but everytime I arrive they are all on the ground and mill around there til bedtime.  Anyone know a possible fix to that or something wrong with the design that's causing this behavior?

I almost lost 2 settlers to to a wild dogs attack when the rocket turrets made it rain death indiscriminately.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: November 30, 2015, 08:48:42 pm »

How many super mutants does it take to make a mini nuke?

This corny joke popped into my head while killing super mutants with a fat man
No sig yet

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: December 01, 2015, 04:28:30 am »

So I have created a new fortress that I am slowly converting into my home base.   It is powered by Sir Issac Newton spinning in his grave.

Unfortunately, all the residents seem to very hesitant to get into the thing and usually hang out on the ground.  I know they can get in it, because if I specifically order someone to go to a bed or the arty cannon on the roof they go there.  They can also get to the beds at night (usually)  but everytime I arrive they are all on the ground and mill around there til bedtime.  Anyone know a possible fix to that or something wrong with the design that's causing this behavior?

I almost lost 2 settlers to to a wild dogs attack when the rocket turrets made it rain death indiscriminately.
I like it, I'm thinking of making an airship now. I might need a mod for the ballon.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: December 01, 2015, 05:21:58 am »

I find it kind of baffling that there are more Fatmans in Fallout 4 then there are Mininukes.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Occiderunt, Diripientur, Redii
« Reply #4330 on: December 01, 2015, 05:32:50 am »

Aw man, this one-companion limit is a pain in the arse... I want them all to come with me!
Not that they seem to be much help, from what I've seen, but they're nice to have around and interact with.
Adsfasdsdaf. I hope Mr. S will forgive me for postponing our gruesome adventures to have some gruesome adventures with another gruesome adventurer...
Not to fear, fair adventurer! As soon as the GECK is available, this is the first thing I'm going to work on. Also inserting a hyper aggressive munchkin who sounds like a radio DJ.

I fully intend to add a voiced companion when the GECK comes out, too.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: December 01, 2015, 06:34:16 am »

Maximum will have to hurry, removing the one companion limit will probably be the first thing people add. If paid mods was still s thing it would be a cash cow.

...Heeey, I see what you're planning now MZ :P

Aw man, this one-companion limit is a pain in the arse... I want them all to come with me!
Not that they seem to be much help, from what I've seen, but they're nice to have around and interact with.
Adsfasdsdaf. I hope Mr. S will forgive me for postponing our gruesome adventures to have some gruesome adventures with another gruesome adventurer...
Not to fear, fair adventurer! As soon as the GECK is available, this is the first thing I'm going to work on. Also inserting a hyper aggressive munchkin who sounds like a radio DJ.

I fully intend to add a voiced companion when the GECK comes out, too.

If you do I will add a red haired Australian doctor in your honour :v
Love, scriver~

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: December 01, 2015, 10:07:26 am »

I find it kind of baffling that there are more Fatmans in Fallout 4 then there are Mininukes.

Why do you think there's so few Mini-nukes in comparison then? They've been firing them all!

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: December 01, 2015, 10:17:59 am »

Why do you think there's so few Mini-nukes in comparison then? They've been firing them all!
I bet a good amount was used by Super Mutants. Those suicide bombers? I don't even think they know what they are doing. I am willing to bet that they just know minimukes are strong enough to completely wipe out enemies, and charge with one in their hands, completely ignoring their own safety in the process.

Edit: It would be funny if Strong suicide-bombed enemies if he's given a mininuke.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: December 01, 2015, 11:52:08 am »

And survived, since he's a companion.

I finally checked out the glowing sea...  Not what I was expecting.  Liked it a lot.

Finally used power armor.  I guess it helped, but it also fell to pieces and ate up 6-7 fusion cores (and I didn't find any, or any power armor repair stations).  Would probably be better if I had any points in armorer.  Glad some of the things just need SCIENCE though!  Also felt right for the area, even once my helmet blew off.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 462