Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830854 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Charm Drugs with your Charisma
« Reply #2100 on: October 03, 2015, 01:15:21 pm »

You can do that if you have enough Science or Intelligence, actually. The dialogue path opens and doesn't need a Speech check.
Black lives matter.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: October 03, 2015, 01:33:29 pm »

Can confirm, just did it yesterday.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: October 03, 2015, 01:54:44 pm »

I'm honestly just hoping the storyline isn't as bad as FO3, it felt like a bad rehash of FO2 with sudden new super mutants and enclave, while tossing in some thoughts about the water chip (purifying) for partial completion.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: October 03, 2015, 02:05:53 pm »

That's convenient, since it was the hardest speech check in the game, IIRC.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: October 03, 2015, 02:37:24 pm »

...I can't find anything about speech checks resulting  in in self destruction in fallout three.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: October 03, 2015, 02:42:02 pm »

...I can't find anything about speech checks resulting  in in self destruction in fallout three.
Spoiler: Spoilers, Obviously (click to show/hide)
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: October 03, 2015, 02:49:24 pm »

Ah, right.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: October 03, 2015, 03:25:49 pm »

That's convenient, since it was the hardest speech check in the game, IIRC.
Actually, reading the wiki to one-up you reveals that the hardest checks are for the AntAgonizer / the Mechanist.
Black lives matter.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: October 03, 2015, 03:27:57 pm »

Good thing I wrote IIRC in that post!  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: October 03, 2015, 03:47:03 pm »

I wonder if FO4 will have some sort of consequence when you do silly stuff like "trolling" a quest progress/completion.

Long example:

In one of the first quests of FO3 - the Grayditch Ant-Invasion one - you have a multitude of choices:
- Kill/Let live the Researcher who, through experiments, caused Giant Ants to mutate into Fire Ants
- Kill/Let live the Ant Queen
- Destroy/Ignore the mutagen for the next ant generation so the experiments to go on
- Maybe more

I sided with the Researcher since in my first playthrough (when the game first came out years ago) I killed him instantly when he admitted creating the ants.
So, this time, I let the Queen live, let the work continue, etc. And on the end of the quest, he offered to give me +1 Strength or +1 Perception.
After that, I killed the Queen and destroyed the Mutagen in front of him (which gave me Good Karma), and filled the cave with explosives in case he ever tries to leave.

And hey..nothing happened at any point, because I had already completed the quest. I wonder if FO4 will be any different.

PS: Even though the scientist was doing good work trying to turn the ants back into their normal size, he was using the FEV (which I have very, very little knowledge about because I never played FO1 or FO:Tactics, and couldn't finish FO2 because I absolutely hate the interface..and because I "broke" a savegame that had HOURS of play, and my backups were days old), and he was experimenting right next to people with no regard for human life.
So hey, fuck that sort of science in that context. We have Power Armors, just burn every single Queen to death and do artificial selection. Or do your science in an isolated region without bringing more suffering to the world!

God damn I need Fallout 4 so I can bring more shotgun justice to that world.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 03:50:55 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: October 03, 2015, 03:50:03 pm »

I have, every good-karma playthrough of NV, without fail, killed Vulpes Inculta and his legionaries.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: October 03, 2015, 03:53:39 pm »

Well..in NV I killed every single Legion guy I saw, no matter where/how/when. I think that was the first game that got me worried about my psychology, because I enjoyed doing it.
I still remember exploding Caesar with the Power Fist and reloading so I could do it again.

But hey, vydiagames!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: October 03, 2015, 04:05:16 pm »

And hey..nothing happened at any point, because I had already completed the quest. I wonder if FO4 will be any different.

Unless Beth has changed their mo since Skyrim, it likely won't.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: October 03, 2015, 04:06:54 pm »

Well..in NV I killed every single Legion guy I saw, no matter where/how/when. I think that was the first game that got me worried about my psychology, because I enjoyed doing it.
I love it when games have an impact like that!  And New Vegas had that in... spades 8)

But honestly, the thing that made me question myself the most was my third run, where I actually supported the Legion.  As a woman.
I designed the run to make no sense, and be intentionally sick, and yet...  Ugh.  Shit like that actually happens.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: October 03, 2015, 04:34:53 pm »

I feel like all of you should play Undertale so you can experience those emotions again.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 462