Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 829417 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1635 on: July 25, 2015, 05:35:41 pm »

I just realized. For all those who play a female character in Skyrim (cause judging by nexus, that is pretty much most skyrim players lol, including me lol), and choose so in Fallout 4...

NPCs are going to say your female name you choose and that will be rather weird rofl.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 25, 2015, 05:40:04 pm »

I feel like you're making some assumptions :P  Or I am.

That's a welcome feature for me, since I enjoy roleplay but often forget my character is more than an avatar.  If I don't check 3rd person occasionally I tend to forget their gender.  One playthrough I actually sketched out a constant journal, which really helped for staying in character.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1637 on: July 25, 2015, 05:55:24 pm »

snip
He's a scumbag bandit leader. The fact that he has a family and delusions of grandeur doesn't change that.

He's an ex-BOS white-knight (FO3 after all) and his good intentions sound genuine.
It sucks that our options are so limited, because as-is we have to condemn him, his family, & the city he's trying to build in order to improve the slaves' lot in life immediately.
There is plenty of reason to do so, but an intervention by the lone wanderer in favor of the slaves at that point in time just seems like..a premature end.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 25, 2015, 06:06:42 pm »

From my standpoint the slaves were in more trouble without Ashur than with him.  His logic is solid and his plans can actually solve some of the Pitt's problems, Werner on the other hand lies and manipulates the Lone Wanderer at every turn, and has no long-term plan that I ever heard.  So to me Ashur is ultimately the better choice for the Pitt and the slaves.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: July 25, 2015, 06:19:38 pm »

From my standpoint the slaves were in more trouble without Ashur than with him.  His logic is solid and his plans can actually solve some of the Pitt's problems, Werner on the other hand lies and manipulates the Lone Wanderer at every turn, and has no long-term plan that I ever heard.  So to me Ashur is ultimately the better choice for the Pitt and the slaves.
And if you side with the slaves...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1640 on: July 25, 2015, 06:21:15 pm »

But you can't count on Ashur surviving, and without him the slaves are stuck in their world of shit forever.
When you speak with him in his office, it's clear he isn't on the same page with his underlings.
They might decide to get rid of him, and you aren't given the option come back & check, (or pressure him for reforms).

It's either 'leave everything on Ashur's back like you found it' or 'kill Ashur, all of the raiders, and steal his baby from her mother's arms'.

Really? I thought the lights only go off in the upper half of the city, where the raiders live(d).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:23:27 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: July 25, 2015, 06:24:28 pm »

Actually, the only one of Ashur's subordinates that I remember having any disagreements with him was Werner (it's been a couple years tho' so I may be forgetting something.)  From what I recall Werner isn't so much about helping the slaves as he is getting rid of Ashur, and he had to come all the way to the Capital Wastes to find someone who could stand up to Ashur.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1642 on: July 25, 2015, 06:45:11 pm »

Here's what I'm talking about. That and wishful thinking that Ashur doesn't know unarmed slaves are being sent out for iron.

Alternatively, he could be saying that just for your ears. But that wasn't my impression back when I first played it, and it would be shitty leadership to call out his subordinate like that infront of the newbie.

Also,
'Wer-ner'
It makes my ears bleed. It's Vernher. VERNHER!
AAAAGGHHH
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:56:58 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: July 25, 2015, 06:59:41 pm »

Sounds like a pretty standard conversation between a military leader and a subordinate to me.  Didn't seem like there was any actual form of disagreement there, just a correction, up to interpretation I suppose, but Ashur felt much more capable and level-headed than Wernher to me.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: July 25, 2015, 09:23:55 pm »

The man had a messiah complex
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: July 25, 2015, 10:03:36 pm »

Hah, yeah go ahead and side with the Werhner the waster who was an actual bandit and has no scientific knowledge whatever. See how far he and his wench get cutting a baby apart on their own. That kid's dead in a week and any hope for treatments along with it. Probably along with the whole mill, too. The people who were actually equipped to fight troggs are now dead.. with their gear under a swarm of troggs. Oh, and the slaves never actually get freed. Werhner doesn't even talk to them. I was always 100% certain he just wanted Ashur gone to take over himself and bail when things got bad.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: July 25, 2015, 10:45:36 pm »

The man had a messiah complex
Fallout as a series is no stranger to the Pitt's sort of morality.

Like that infamous original version of the Fallout 1 questline in Junktown, where by helping the local law enforcement, you actually turned the town into a city of ghosts where the sheriff ruled with an iron fist, while siding with the crime sindicate turned the place into a well-managed boomtown.

Only that was changed because mixed messages or something.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: July 25, 2015, 11:20:30 pm »

Hah, yeah go ahead and side with the Werhner the waster who was an actual bandit and has no scientific knowledge whatever. See how far he and his wench get cutting a baby apart on their own. That kid's dead in a week and any hope for treatments along with it. Probably along with the whole mill, too. The people who were actually equipped to fight troggs are now dead.. with their gear under a swarm of troggs. Oh, and the slaves never actually get freed. Werhner doesn't even talk to them. I was always 100% certain he just wanted Ashur gone to take over himself and bail when things got bad.

Well the obvious solution there is to eliminate Werhner as well
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: July 25, 2015, 11:40:24 pm »

Heck, just do a Protagonist Special and kill everyone.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: July 25, 2015, 11:42:56 pm »

Telltale Games RPG: Disappoint everyone
Bioware RPG: Romance everyone
Bethesda RPG: Murder everyone
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 462