Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830286 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #945 on: June 27, 2015, 11:19:34 am »

Maybe you got brain damage in the 200 years in cryo or whatever it was in the Vault.
But just grunting at people would probably be seen as politically incorrect these days.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 27, 2015, 11:27:56 am »

So, I decided to see what Bay12 was saying about this thing, and one of the first things I see is someone thinking Boston was DC, Otis Airforce Base called Camp Edwards, and various weird images. Congrats everyone, you have fulfilled the required levels of "what?!".

Time to read the rest of the thread... Wish me luck.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 27, 2015, 12:02:36 pm »

This opens up the question; if speech/SPECIAL stats affect conversations still, did they record low intelligence lines for the PC? I hope so much that they did. In Fallout 2, a low intelligence run was hilarious. That conversation with Torr, who is also lacking in the brains department, was hilariously enlightening.
As far as I remember, they didn't even do that for FO3, so doubtful. New Vegas did it, but if memory serves, that didn't have different responses from NPCs like it did in FO1 and 2. It was just rewritten dialogue choices for the player.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 27, 2015, 01:34:00 pm »

This opens up the question; if speech/SPECIAL stats affect conversations still, did they record low intelligence lines for the PC? I hope so much that they did. In Fallout 2, a low intelligence run was hilarious. That conversation with Torr, who is also lacking in the brains department, was hilariously enlightening.
As far as I remember, they didn't even do that for FO3, so doubtful. New Vegas did it, but if memory serves, that didn't have different responses from NPCs like it did in FO1 and 2. It was just rewritten dialogue choices for the player.
I remember only one location where low intelligence actually mattered. The solar power place, whatever it was called. That is the only place where I remember seeing low int dialogue option.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 27, 2015, 02:10:02 pm »

I remember only one location where low intelligence actually mattered. The solar power place, whatever it was called. That is the only place where I remember seeing low int dialogue option.
In New Vegas? There are a few others. If you are an imbecile or have high luck, you can correctly guess the password ("ICE CREAM!") to disable the security systems in the REPCON (was it REPCON?) museum. A ranger near Nelson will also have special dialogue if you are stupid. I guess there may be a few more around and that obisidian planned to do a lot of them but the deadline prevented it. The solar power plant quest with low intelligence has likely the best dialogue in the game.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 27, 2015, 03:15:32 pm »

If you have low INT, you'll get a discount on Intelligence Implants at the New Vegas Medical Clinic, and you can make Arcade Gannon pity you and become your companion.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: June 27, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »

It's not about whether it affects the game or not.....its about whether my PC says "ME VAULT PERSON. YOU GIVE ICE CREAM." (asking for stimpacks somehow) complete with voice over.
...Nah, they wouldn't go so far as to voice a mentally handicapped PC, but I bet the nearest thing they would voice is like, a surfer or something.
"Yeah, um, i need those red things that like, heal people? Like, they're in this tube thing with a needle? Yeah, that thing. I'll give you ummmmmm, I think like, 200 caps per is a good trade, right? It is? Hell yeah, burah."
or
*Perform a serious operation on this man's heart* [Doctor skill 90] OR [Int 2] AND [Luck 10]: "You saved my father's life!" "Um, yeah bruah, I just kinda reached around in there and found like, a dark red thing? Yeah."

Wait. You pulled out his heart and somehow saved this mans life.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 27, 2015, 09:07:57 pm »

I never knew how much I needed that. Yes. Please :P

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 27, 2015, 10:48:47 pm »

I remember in the first Fallout, one of the climactic bosses you fight is a mutated mass of flesh controlling a vault overseer's chair. Normally, before fighting, a conversation starts- you can duel with words for a while, there's the usual bad guy schtick about why you should totally join the mutant hivemind, or whatever. I'm reasonably sure every conversation path ends in fighting. Anyway, I was having a really hard time fighting this thing, I died a few times, and eventually realized I had a bunch of chems I could use. One of them I think was a Buffout, complete with -2 Int penalty. After consuming all of my drugs, I went forward to fight the climactic enemy. The dialogue initiated, with exactly one conversation option:

"Ugg-lee!"

That made my day.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 27, 2015, 10:54:12 pm »

You can avoid fighting the Master by telling him that his mutants are sterile, assuming you've gotten that piece of information. You might need to pass a charisma/speech check, though, I'm not sure.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 28, 2015, 03:20:57 am »

I think you can also join him and become a super mutant, actually.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 28, 2015, 04:40:22 am »

You get offered that earlier, I believe it's the Lieutenant. I don't think the Master makes a second offer after that.

Man, Fallout 1 still has the best storytelling of any RPG IMHO. Some RPGs get so up themselves with Important Messagestm that it's easy to forget how effective the simple moments are (speaking about the intro and outro especially).

Also, I don't know why this thought just came to me, but FO1 and 2 are the last games in a long time that felt American-made to me. Even big-budget American games set primarily in America and featuring patriotic themes (Modern Warfare, new Splinter Cell, new Rainbow Six, etc.) feel like corporate mass-produced games as opposed to a labor of love by an American development team. It's almost like if you were to compare classic American literature to a classic novel from another country; you can tell the difference even without context. I dunno what I'm rambling on about, it sounded more profound in my head :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 28, 2015, 03:47:14 pm »

You get offered that earlier, I believe it's the Lieutenant. I don't think the Master makes a second offer after that.

Man, Fallout 1 still has the best storytelling of any RPG IMHO. Some RPGs get so up themselves with Important Messagestm that it's easy to forget how effective the simple moments are (speaking about the intro and outro especially).

Also, I don't know why this thought just came to me, but FO1 and 2 are the last games in a long time that felt American-made to me. Even big-budget American games set primarily in America and featuring patriotic themes (Modern Warfare, new Splinter Cell, new Rainbow Six, etc.) feel like corporate mass-produced games as opposed to a labor of love by an American development team. It's almost like if you were to compare classic American literature to a classic novel from another country; you can tell the difference even without context. I dunno what I'm rambling on about, it sounded more profound in my head :P

This is why most EA games are kinda falling flat to me (alongside the proliferation of DLC marketing they've been working at). I prefer obvious labor of love projects (mostly indie titles these days), like Baldur's Gate back in the day and Prison Architect and Dwarf Fortress and Don't Starve and etc. Games that you make cuz you'd find them fun yourself or you were a fan of D&D or something.

Back to the main reason for this thread; I wonder if they're going to delve a bit deeper into the darker parts of the post-apocalyptia, such as slavery and prostitution, drug trafficking and raiding innocent villages for slaves/loot. Fallout 2/3/New Vegas all the ability to go evil and sate those darker urges. Being top dog around Caesars Legion and feeling the respect you've earned and basically basking in all your horrid deeds felt damn good. Fallout 2 and 3 had the choice to go slaver and help turn people into property and getting respected for it. I wonder if we get to make our own little bandit/slaver fort out in the wastes and have the local slavers come to show of their newly acquired goods and give you the option of purchasing them to put to work growing food/drugs for your criminal empire.

Edit: forgot to mention all the other horrid shit we could force those poor souls to do, like build a whorehouse and staff it with your weekly raids worth of girls.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 03:49:21 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 28, 2015, 05:57:39 pm »

Edit: forgot to mention all the other horrid shit we could force those poor souls to do, like build a whorehouse and staff it with your weekly raids worth of girls.
I'm almost certain this would make the game illegal in several different countries.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 28, 2015, 06:27:03 pm »

I'm almost certain this would make the game illegal in several different countries.

Yeah, you're right. A lotta games have the option to sell people into slavery and stuff, but actually staffing whorehouses with them might be too far. Still, I do want the ability to buy slaves during an evil run.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 462