Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 830327 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Fallout 4: Fallout 3 with mods
« Reply #915 on: June 25, 2015, 09:47:15 am »

No luxury item is worth waiting in line longer than an hour. Food and other necessities I can understand.

I can just buy it a few days later when the second truck comes, and nobody will be in line at all. Or in the case of very high demand products, a week later.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #916 on: June 25, 2015, 01:26:56 pm »

There needs to be a quest in Fallout 4 where you have to stand in line for several hours to get a limited edition Nuka Cola. Or a game cart for the Pimpboy maybe?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 25, 2015, 01:30:41 pm »

There needs to be a quest in Fallout 4 where you have to stand in line for several hours to get a limited edition Nuka Cola. Or a game cart for the Pimpboy maybe?

Even better, Desert Bus: Fallout edition. If you sway too far off the road and get stuck, instead of getting towed, you get ambushed by super mutants.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 25, 2015, 01:35:42 pm »

I don't get the whole queuing argument, because I think electronic copies are more convenient.
It's very hard to buy physical copies here anyway, because the majority of shops that used to sell games here have closed down over the past few years. Steam, torrents and cheap Internet have made them go out of business.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 25, 2015, 01:39:26 pm »

I've pre-ordered for delivery on release, I can wait the extra few hours (or I'll uhh..download...for the time it takes the postman to arrive)...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 25, 2015, 03:19:09 pm »

I don't get the whole queuing argument, because I think electronic copies are more convenient.
It's very hard to buy physical copies here anyway, because the majority of shops that used to sell games here have closed down over the past few years. Steam, torrents and cheap Internet have made them go out of business.

The US is still a very big share of video game sales and US internet access is shit compared to most of the rest of the world, many 3rd world countries included.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 25, 2015, 03:27:20 pm »

The US is still a very big share of video game sales and US internet access is shit compared to most of the rest of the world, many 3rd world countries included.
...Do I need to reinstate my "99% of redditors" signature"?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 25, 2015, 03:28:42 pm »

Meh, is there anything wrong with being jealous of good internet, considering how big games are getting?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 25, 2015, 03:39:17 pm »

Meh, is there anything wrong with being jealous of good internet, considering how big games are getting?

60GB's is 1/5th of my monthly limit and I wouldn't dare do it with anything less than a torrent because it's likely to take more than 24 hours. I think I'd actually save money by burning gas to get to a physical store. I'd certainly save money walking and burning calories.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 25, 2015, 03:59:09 pm »

In the darkness of Easternmost Europe where I live, a 100 Mbit/s download/50 Mbit/s upload xPON Internet connection with no traffic limits costs about 25$ per month. My telephone line is too shitty for these speeds, though. :(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:01:59 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 25, 2015, 04:03:02 pm »

60GB's is 1/5th of my monthly limit and I wouldn't dare do it with anything less than a torrent because it's likely to take more than 24 hours. I think I'd actually save money by burning gas to get to a physical store. I'd certainly save money walking and burning calories.

You are still going to need to use steam to install Fallout 4. I don't imagine it being any different than most games or how Skyrim was.

Unless you are getting it on consoles.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 25, 2015, 04:50:15 pm »

You are still going to need to use steam to install Fallout 4. I don't imagine it being any different than most games or how Skyrim was.

If you're buying a Bethesda title for console at this point, it's entirely your own fault.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 25, 2015, 04:59:02 pm »

If you're buying a Bethesda title for console at this point, it's entirely your own fault.  :P

bethesda makes broken games on consoles lol. I'd hate to be a console player and play Skyrim.

My friend's experience with skyrim on his xbox360:

"wooo 400 hour character, nearly 100%...oh save corrupted..."

100 hours later on new character...save corrupted.

98 hours the main quest bugs and he has no save that works with main quest

tries to do dawnguard, but for some reason none of the scripts are activating properly because he beat the main quest and the game started acting weird

Then everything works, 300 hours in...save corrupted...

(edit: oh to add, skyrim made his xbox360 do that red death thing or whatever its called, three times. Each time he was playing skyrim when it happened and something in the game got corrupted and ruined his xbox and he'd need it repaired)

Finally, he buys it on steam :P

And then he goes and buys fallout 4 for his xbox one :P I imagine he'll be just as pissed off as he was with skyrim. He prefers console gaming, but still. He keeps hitting his head on the wall with console bethesda games lol.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:02:10 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 25, 2015, 05:03:53 pm »

Personally I didn't like Fallout 3 that much but I am super stoked for Fallout 4!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 25, 2015, 06:28:10 pm »

Wow, I may have sub-par internet compared to some places and a significant ping due to being in south america, but boy am I glad size limits to how much you can download/upload is not a thing here (illegal, I think, but not 100% sure).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 462