Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 831759 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Hype Never Changes
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2015, 02:54:04 pm »

...What, like...We'd have parts of the game where he's having flashbacks? Maybe an item or ability that controls it?
There was a "Memory Den" shop in the trailer, so it's also possible.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2015, 02:54:20 pm »

Who can even be the villain of this game when I think about it?

All the villains in the universe are dead.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2015, 02:57:02 pm »

This is Fallout, War Never Changes, we just find the new evil and kill that.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2015, 02:58:10 pm »

Who can even be the villain of this game when I think about it?

All the villains in the universe are dead.
The Institute, those Supermutants from Washington D.C., some other kind of threat residing in and around Boston...
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2015, 02:58:16 pm »

...What, like...We'd have parts of the game where he's having flashbacks? Maybe an item or ability that controls it?
I thought of this, too. The trailer heavily emphasizing the events leading up to the war and while we all know how extravagant AAA game trailers can be, it seems wasteful to create so many pre-war Bwahston assets and not use them in the final game.

Also, I'm still bothered by the typeface on the Vault 111 door being different from the normal Vault number typeface. It seems like a stupid oversight so hopefully it actually isn't and there's some explanation (like, it's different from the other Vaults somehow).

And the cryogenic freezing thing makes sense, because assuming this takes place chronologically after the previous game (as all previous Fallouts have) it would be illogical to still have people in "normal" vaults at least two centuries after the war, and after Vaults like 101, specifically intended to stay closed for a long time, have opened.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:02:26 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2015, 02:58:23 pm »

i predict evil chinese invaders

what starts off as an interesting story turns real cliche real fast ("you must defend the people of the wastes from the evil Enclavenazis who murdered your father and want to commit genocide!").
made even better by the fact they didn't kill you father and except for the talking computer they don't want to commit genocide :D

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2015, 03:01:14 pm »

They didn't kill your father? I must've imagined that sequence where he killed himself as a direct result of their actions and plans. That's good enough "you killed my father!" for me.  ;)

Still, I submit on the whole "genocide" thing. You are in fact correct. They are still purity-obsessed racist bastards tho. ALSO WHERE IS MY CHANCE OF JOINING THEM DAMMIT.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2015, 03:04:17 pm »

no you didn't imagine, i just meant that he killed himself in a stupid and pointless attempt to murder autumn for vague unexplained reasons

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2015, 03:14:06 pm »

of course why they just left instead of using the computer destruct code (which autumn had) is beyond me, plot holes are fun

Maybe the whole base self-destructing wasn't desirable.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2015, 03:24:46 pm »

true dat

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2015, 03:39:58 pm »

I've just re-watched the FO4 trailer for the umpteenth time, and I've noticed that pre-war flashbacks are more colourful than the rest of the game - at times they make Bioshock Infinite look like a CoD game. Since there were very old rumours that the main character is a cryogenically frozen Vault resident, it occurred to me - maybe the main character was alive in 2077, and all those scenes are just their memories of the apocalypse. Compared to the post-war wastelands, the pre-War world would definitely look extremely shiny in their mind.

But that wouldn't work with the obvious "no john you are the androids" plot twist.
Love, scriver~

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2015, 03:41:47 pm »

Posting to hype.

Honestly the only thing that would ruin the game for me is paid mods. I can completely ignore the main questline if I get to have nice survival mods or something else equally interesting. Since NV had a hardcore mode where you needed to eat and drink to survive I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar in FO4, especially since it has become apparent in the recent years that people REALLY love to see survival aspects in their games. I bet there will also be some kind of crafting system since everyone and their dog seems to be adding that to their games these days.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2015, 03:45:03 pm »

My biggest problem with FO3 was that It took place 200 years after the war. 200. Years.
IRL what have we accomplished in 200 years? Household electricity, flight, computers, medical science, the internet, cars, universal suffrage, etc, etc, et-fucking-c.
What have the people the capital wasteland done in 200 years? Built tin sheds.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2015, 03:51:59 pm »

Well, I mean, it takes something like 140 years for the least irradiated areas to reach background levels through rain-out, then you've got to account for population being hugely reduced and spread out, then factor in resource shortages, but yes, ultimately the CW looks far too barren and undeveloped, but that ties into my irritation with the lore around the CW.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2015, 03:53:38 pm »

It still amuses me that people seriously try to defend FO3 and it's teen fantasy empowerment plot with kindergarden-level good vs evil tripe. The only half-decent writing in it was The Pitt, which conveniently glossed over any ramifications of your resolution so I guess people didn't think about it?

The rest of the world looked like an amusement park ride... here's crazy survivalist town, and there's cannibal apocalypse town, and here's a bunch of people who live in shacks on a bridge with no farmland. Also, hey a giant bomb, let's put a city here and use it as a tourist attraction. If you don't like those, there's always miles of recycled subway tunnels for you to explore! (hint: it's all ghouls)

Vegas actually felt like a real place... there were farms, slums, gangs. Even the outliers had crops to at least feed themselves. No one was a goth cannibal vampyre, no city full of pre-teens that spits in the face of all logic, no fantasy luxury tower fortress with a nuclear briefcase run by a.... British fop? Comon...

My biggest problem with FO3 was that It took place 200 years after the war. 200. Years.
IRL what have we accomplished in 200 years? Household electricity, flight, computers, medical science, the internet, cars, universal suffrage, etc, etc, et-fucking-c.
What have the people the capital wasteland done in 200 years? Built tin sheds.

To be fair the whole point of a nuclear saturation bombing would have been to obliterate as much infrastructure as possible. Society can't spring forth from nothing, especially when the last working technology is controlled by delinquent fascists like the Brotherhood.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 462