Tarkir. Charge the Frontier!
- 1 (12.5%)
Ravnica. City of Light. City of Magic.
- 6 (75%)
Theros. The gods watch over us.
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC  (Read 19464 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2015, 03:05:38 am »

Actually, if we would do a little bookkeeping and add "ourself" to our turns, it ought to come in handy for all parties.

Shortening the Char-Sheet to the essentials ought to work just fine, plus Mana-Pool & Current Hand.

Spoiler: Ligeia's Example Sheet (click to show/hide)

Kinda like that. Any opinons?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:37:14 am by escaped lurker »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 03, 2015, 03:07:20 am »

I personally think it would make sense if card draws were chosen by the player rather than randomized.

Like.. It really doesn't make sense to just randomly pick a spell and ready it.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 03, 2015, 03:09:05 am »

Theres spells you have ready, and from there you have to draw the power into your memory so you can cast it. It won't always be the spell you intended.

@ Escaped: I would very much appreciate that. It would make it a lot easier on me...
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 03, 2015, 03:10:33 am »

Ah.

Also. Festerhide's gonna get OP when I summon him~

Since it's nearly certain something is getting deaded on the turn he'll be summoned, he'll be a 5/5 trample.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 03, 2015, 07:42:05 am »

So what exactly was going Varkahl's way and the Red Elemental Blast hit? You might want to add a spoiler at the end of the turn with the crunch, to make things easier to understand.

His third action was going to Long Range, did one of the mages follow him to get back into Close and cast? I had him move to Ranged in part to avoid attacks and in part to avoid that -2 penalty to channeling, so I need that info to write my turn.

Hand seems to be:
Forgeborn Oreads, Arcane Teachings and Firebolt.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:38:21 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2015, 12:46:38 pm »

I.. would interpret that Blast as an attack of opportunity / of the pre-combat round?

Because up to now, it was Jeff and Ligeia's turns respectively. You also have not yet activated any of your equipment, as else you would have the "Flying"-tag text next to your name, much like Jeff has with "Haste" and "Hexproof".

In essence, you still should have your starting hand, minus perhaps that Elemental Blast, if it was anything but ambient mana, Plus the Firebolt you just drew.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2015, 12:53:42 pm »

The problem is that Varkahl's Speed is superior to both Jeff and Ligeia's, and if it's my first turn instead of the second I want the GM to tell me so I can edit and repost the first spoiler. It's really confusing due to how the battle started.

And another question for the GM I forgot: does a human's +1 Colorless Identity count as an Artifact Identity for the purposes of giving "+1 Power, +1 Toughness, or +1 Life for each Artifact identity"?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2015, 01:32:06 pm »

Well, yeah, his speed may be superior, but Jeff and Ligeia were "forced" into combat. Or their actions forced those knights to act, depending on your point of view. So it stands to reason that they act first, seeing as they actually already are in combat, vs someone on the sidelines.

Else, yeah, it seems we all are still figuring out how to best run / in / this system.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2015, 04:46:27 pm »

Fixed those cards, Sanure. Am I good otherwise?
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2015, 06:15:41 pm »

@Caellath, Jeff and Ligeia were forced into combat, so their order was taken in first. Then each person who joined after that rolled their speed with a negative modifier. As for the Artifact Identity, No, since it was a racial bonus given and not event spawned.

@Escaped Lurker, Pretty much.

@SB, Let me find your sheet again, so that I can

But yeah, Jeff cast Diabolic Edict, A guild mage went to cast Counterspell, and Varkahl countered the blue spell with Red elemental Blast. It was an attack of opportunity, even though it wasn't a spell that went after Varkahl. I hope you didn't mind.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2015, 06:29:27 pm »

@SB your good. I'll add you to waitlist.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2015, 06:52:33 pm »

But yeah, Jeff cast Diabolic Edict, A guild mage went to cast Counterspell, and Varkahl countered the blue spell with Red elemental Blast. It was an attack of opportunity, even though it wasn't a spell that went after Varkahl. I hope you didn't mind.

I think I'd rather have saved Red Elemental Blast to counter deadly (damage-dealing, or more dangerous) stuff.
>Yes?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 03, 2015, 08:22:44 pm »

Want me to redact it being used?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 03, 2015, 08:40:26 pm »

To be honest, it'll be too much of a problem to you and the Edict did kill one of the mages so it's one less person to bother us. It's fine, I think. Probably won't get us killed.

Since I now know what happened, I'll quickly edit my turn. Since at Long Range you can't target creatures using stuff that only targets creatures, can you use a effect that targets players to strike a Lawmage from there, or would the "target player" option only work on fellow Planeswalkers/similar stuff?
>Yes?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2015, 08:47:46 pm »

Well, The target of a target player cast by you, the players, would end up targeting me, the GM, since I control the enemies unless there does happen to be another Planeswalker in play. Since I can't be harmed while I'm the GM, Spells that deal damage to players wouldn't do anything. Now, if you use a spell that makes me, the GM, sacrifice or exile a permanent, then I would sacrifice one of the creatures.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27