Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Death to the false emperor, IT'S ALIVE!! (40k)  (Read 59179 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Death to the false emperor, Pacts and Payback (warhammer40k SG)
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2015, 02:47:54 pm »

Hmm I've read about how some orks will work as mercanaries, if we get enough ork mercenaries we can convince them that the armor our current people have is really really good. We can even paint it red so it will be fasta! I think we can get enough little bits and stuff to satisfy their need for gits and bits.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2015, 04:18:27 pm »

Hmm I've read about how some orks will work as mercanaries, if we get enough ork mercenaries we can convince them that the armor our current people have is really really good. We can even paint it red so it will be fasta! I think we can get enough little bits and stuff to satisfy their need for gits and bits.

How loyal is a mercenary? How loyal is an ORK mercenary? I think we  should keep it completely meta-human. It could get weird having a part of our armies that doesn't care about chaos and just loots everything. I mean it'd be nice to pay them off to harass the Imperium a bit but not much more.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2015, 04:23:14 pm »

How loyal is a mercenary? How loyal is an ORK mercenary? I think we  should keep it completely meta-human. It could get weird having a part of our armies that doesn't care about chaos and just loots everything. I mean it'd be nice to pay them off to harass the Imperium a bit but not much more.
eh we'd just need them for their gestalt field
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll let you know now that in my game and this game the ork gestalt field just improves things.

So ork gun sight might be carp but they work because ork's say that do, but you can't give an ork a stick and have it suddenly shoot bullets no matter how much you try to convince the ork.

And did you know that there lore for both Chaos and Genestealer Ork mercenarys?
If you want you can send some one out to try and hire some.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll let you know now that in my game and this game the ork gestalt field just improves things.

So ork gun sight might be carp but they work because ork's say that do, but you can't give an ork a stick and have it suddenly shoot bullets no matter how much you try to convince the ork.

And did you know that there lore for both Chaos and Genestealer Ork mercenarys?
If you want you can send some one out to try and hire some.
Ok...I didn't expect it to be too crazy I expected it to work with in reason which is what I was thinking about
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2015, 05:48:35 pm »

Ya like Trooper armor being painted purple to make them invisible an some such. Jeez the Orks are just that type of race you wish had more brainz. They'd kick the carp out of anyone, even the Tyranids what with their ingenious designs and ridiculous numbers/morale.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2015, 05:55:50 pm »

Ya like Trooper armor being painted purple to make them invisible an some such. Jeez the Orks are just that type of race you wish had more brainz. They'd kick the carp out of anyone, even the Tyranids what with their ingenious designs and ridiculous numbers/morale.
Mhm...
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2015, 06:01:09 pm »

Ya like Trooper armor being painted purple to make them invisible an some such.
That's the someone else's problem field in action, who's going to be looking bright purple ork?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2015, 06:20:25 pm »

I thought orks were like a fungus, and the reason they were so hard to beat is cause once they are on a world they just kept growing until the world gets destroyed. Which would make it a very bad idea to bring orks to any world we want to control.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Death to the false emperor, Storming the Bastille!! (warhammer40k SG)
« Reply #264 on: October 31, 2015, 09:58:25 pm »

Hostage crisis?

Take over the local police station along with some Gangers.
We'll debut Yulia with a mask . Skull mask
She'll pretend to be the leader of the Gangers and announce that she's taken over the underground and that she now wants a 50,000,000,000 thrones delivered in the next 2 days or she'll execute the Cheif Arbite and all of the Arbites.

The money demanded will be excessive on purpose and it will force whoever sent the assassins to deploy them again. This time we'll capture them and retreat under ground again.

Plan:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought orks were like a fungus, and the reason they were so hard to beat is cause once they are on a world they just kept growing until the world gets destroyed. Which would make it a very bad idea to bring orks to any world we want to control.

You briefly consider the idea of ork mercanaries.

You recall a rumours about about the green skins, about how the most militant and war like of the orks love order, they enjoy wearing uniforms and following military discipline.
Undoubtedly a paradoxical rebellion in the face orkish "culture's" love of anarchistic freedom and a simple hierarchy.
 And some, the most extreme rebels Follow not twin ork gods of Gork and Mork but Khone.
Even ignoring the Khoneate orks there always some orkish outcasts ready for hire.
A band of disgruntled Mek boys, the ork "engineers"  that would help solve any equipment problems, you could just have anything you need made.

------------------------

You finish planing and return to the now, the tunnel is almost finished and you have to get ready.

Weapons come first, you don't want your powers to be revealed before the traps is sprung.
You take a heavy bolter and a crate of ammo from the armoury.
It takes you five minutes to sort the long 17.5mm Wolf paten bolts in to belts for the heavy bolter.
You toss four belts over your shoulder, tie another two around your wast.

Armed you meet the rest of the "Skull plague" in the ships main hall.

Hermine is busy trying to match colours as she takes the elbow length gloves from one the gangs
You look at the captured ganger's as you consider what to wear.

There an odd mix from the ones in synth cloth boiler suits to the muscle bound men in studded leather straps, all are trying stand out from each other.

You take a pistol belt from one women and for the task at a brown trench coat from a bald man.
With the addition of white skull on the back our ready.
--------

In the tunnel the sounds of the gunfight above are muffled but you can still hear the clatter of autogun fire and the constant thumping of riot shotguns.
You can feel the explosives as they echo thru you, shakeing dust from the tunnel roof.

You charge out of the dust cloud and rush into the command centre.
Unopposed you run down the corridors kicking in doors and storming ever room in turn.
As sarina exits the last room it becomes clear, the Chief Arbiter is not in the command centre.

The Harlots of Sin catch the Arbites off guard and in short and brutal attack take control of the base.

"Sisters We have full control of the training block, the command centre and the armoury." Rachele reports in over the radio.
"Good work every one.
Rachele Any casualty's to report?" You ask her back.
"7 so far, there withdrawing back by the tunnel as we speak." She answers.

You take a quick tour of the base.
In the training block, there a squad of trainee arbites, now under armed guard as your prisoners.
As Yulia get busily makeing the video of your stupidly high demands you head to armoury.

The armoury door has already been forced open, it's thick steel door bent in half.
Inside the broken door are racks of shotguns and rows carapace armour are ready for the takeing.
-------------------
--------------
Spoiler: Chaos Space Marines (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Saharduin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord Haakinson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord Haakinson Forces (click to show/hide)

----------------------
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 10:00:02 pm by Funk »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2015, 03:18:02 pm »

To the Prisoners: "So lets make this simple. Where is your chief?"

Bad answer = "I don't think you understand what happens when we don't find the right people for a hostage situation. We improvise on poor trainees. Now where is the Chief."

Bad answer = Take one of them and just use them for the video. Make sure to taunt the Chief Arbits and planetary enforcement while we stake our claim as the most powerful gang in the hives. Shoot two and then clean out the armory completely. Then blow the rest of the place up.

If we don't have a VIP then they won't take us seriously. Might as well try again later. If we CAN get the chief arbite then we go with the original plan. Make sure Yulia takes center stage as the 'leader' of the skull plague.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2015, 03:22:12 pm »

Bad answer = "I don't think you understand what happens when we don't find the right people for a hostage situation. We improvise on poor trainees. Now where is the Chief."

Bad answer = Take one of them and just use them for the video. Make sure to taunt the Chief Arbits and planetary enforcement while we stake our claim as the most powerful gang in the hives. Shoot two and then clean out the armory completely. Then blow the rest of the place up.

If we don't have a VIP then they won't take us seriously. Might as well try again later. If we CAN get the chief arbite then we go with the original plan. Make sure Yulia takes center stage as the 'leader' of the skull plague.
hey we can still kill them for a sacrifice and take their stuff.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2015, 03:23:01 pm »

It'll be nice to do that in a video that we give the siege force. It'll be a nice goose chase for the Imperium.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 01, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »

It'll be nice to do that in a video that we give the siege force. It'll be a nice goose chase for the Imperium.
ehhh...I mean do we want that? They see a large force of cultist they can go to stop us...I don't know if we are ready, I think we are but I kinda want to get some better equipment first.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 01, 2015, 03:51:53 pm »

Possibly. Then again nothing short of a trained assassin has given us any real trouble.

Perhaps we can summon some nurglings to say hello when they try to come in via SWAT assualts. While all that's going on we should move the equipment and armory stuff into the tunnels as we make our escape. Leave no trainee or non cultist alive.

We have to remember that without the arbites chaos will reign in the streets as gangers will have all the incentive to strike out more openly now that the arbites have no real power/station. Heck the chief is the only one left and he/she is a noted coward at this point.

After this charade we should probably have a meeting with the three most powerful noble families and force chaos worship unto them. In exchange we help them conquer the rioters and gangers an they in turn become the new law enforcement leaders of the planet. Allowing us to recruit more openly. Simple right?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23