Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 195807 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 11: Conquering
« Reply #1035 on: June 15, 2015, 09:25:09 pm »

Create a beautiful paradisic Oasis surrounding Uztot.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 15, 2015, 09:51:00 pm »

Azem tilts his head.

"Slow down. Let's prioritize. Ask five questions of me hatchling. Only five."

...Sorry.
Anyways, here are the questions I have chosen:
1- Do you share your aspects with Uztot, or do you have your own set, and if the latter, what are they?
2- Why did you come to this universe/dimension/reality/world instead of staying wherever you were born?
3- Do you know what is behind this barrier that surrounds us?
4- Do you consider me an ally, a foe, or are you neutral towards me, and did my previous barrage of questions affect your answer?
5- When you say I am only allowed to ask five question, does that means forever or just for this occasion, and would me promising to stop bombarding you with questions change your answer?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 15, 2015, 10:04:03 pm »

"I myself am not entirely sure. In my own bubble I was originally the god of Greed and Trade, later known as the god of Wealth and Trade."

"My memory on this is hazy."

"I do not. If you wish, I could tell you about my bubble, and the Void beyond."

"Your spheres would've aligned well with mine I suspect. Uztot certainly considers you a potential ally. As for the questions, you are merely curious, and I do not begrude that."

"I meant no more than five questions at once, not five total."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:07:24 pm by Vgray »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 16, 2015, 10:30:17 am »

"I myself am not entirely sure. In my own bubble I was originally the god of Greed and Trade, later known as the god of Wealth and Trade."

"My memory on this is hazy."

"I do not. If you wish, I could tell you about my bubble, and the Void beyond."

"Your spheres would've aligned well with mine I suspect. Uztot certainly considers you a potential ally. As for the questions, you are merely curious, and I do not begrude that."

"I meant no more than five questions at once, not five total."

"Bubble? That is how your universe was called? Interesting. And yes, I would be interested in hearing more about your homeworld. Were the gods any different from us? And how old was your universe when you left?
It seems we both consider each other as a potential ally. Perhaps we should officialize this alliance. Do you agree? Our respective species already live together."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 16, 2015, 01:19:34 pm »

"You might want to ask Uztot first before forging any alliance. No offense, Azem, but you still seem quite dreamy; to me it wouldn't matter, but to others, including Uztot, it might. I'm not even sure yet if you're one of the waking world or but a figment of Uztot's mind. We could perform some research on it, but you didn't seem too eager last time I asked."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 16, 2015, 04:16:38 pm »

"We could. But now it's storytime. I was one of the original eleven gods born into nothingness, by sphere we were the gods of Order, Randomness, Honor, Treachery, Weapons, Greed, Night, Architecture, Balance, Hunger, and Oceans. We were soon joined by the gods of Light and Art among the elders whose essence forged the twin worlds of Keshan and Slytha. As for the age of my bubble...I would estimate it to have been a hundred times older than yours."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 16, 2015, 08:22:32 pm »

Tick 12: Digging Deeper
Sickly update GOOOO!

Maag Architect: Is that not the purpose of the new Mountain?

The Tower Architects are blessed once again! By this point, a town could fit inside this tower. Many are calling it the mortal-made Great Tree, and there is still no end in sight to its development. (Izgamlo -2P)

The portals finally stabilize! They have the same appearance as the portals connecting the major fragments, with no sign of instability (Izgamlo -1E)

Loi'naaryt: Oh, I see. I just couldn't find it in the searches, I remember the spider-centour-things.

The Loi'naaryt have further developed the ironwood branches, crafting bows to use them as ammo, among other useful tools. They don't seem to have much contact with the other races at this point, staying hidden deep within their own forests.

Speaking of forests, three new Great Trees are created! One in a swamp, one near the shoreline, and the third near the Oasis in the desert with the goal of having greater magic ability. Additionally, more weather changes are done, as has become common. (Teburshe -4P)

The Great Trees spout drill-like roots! They begin digging deep into the ground with the goal of finding metals for the Saplings to use. The Saplings, meanwhile, send offerings to the nearby stones with the hope of learning how to use these new metals. (Teburshe -3E)

The Aag nation turn their ability of glass-making to making simple mirrors, with the intent of lighting the inside of the under-construction temple. They aren't incredibly effective at the task, with each mirror loosing a little light, the deeper it goes the darker it gets. They use other forms of light to compensate, trying to reflect the new light off of new mirrors as they go deeper.

The Deepcrawlers are created and placed near the Maag capitol! They have yet to be tamed, despite the ease of doing so, and have begun digging randomly through the desert with no noticeable goal. (Lithus/Luthus -3E)

Lithus/Luthus then uses Power to transmute stone to metal! How well using Power for this task will go is yet to be seen. (Lithus/Luthus -4P)

The Aag begin trying to capture the Deepcrawlers for domestication, having a little trouble actually tracking down subterranean animals. They do manage to capture a few with the imported knowledge of trapping techniques, and begin the attempts at domestication late into the Tick.

The Aag change their politics once again, under the influence of their God. New leaders come into power, though they are having difficulties finding a politician of each race to fill the other seats.

The Aag nation is mostly composed of Maag, with the Saag making up the other part of the majority. Few of the other Sapient races live here at the time. The nation's lack of food infrastructure and location in the desert make it an unattractive choice for most of the other races, though handfuls of hunters, merchants, and others who do not rely as much on nearby food supply do make their homes here. They do not seem to identify with the larger country as much as the Aag do, forming their own groups in most cases. The most populous of non-Aag races in the nation seem to be Human Hunters, who enjoy hunting the unique Megafauna and Great Beasts that the desert offers, followed by Dragoons who don't seem to mind the heat. A caravan of wondering Nomads passes through every so often, which seems to be composed of representatives from almost every race, though it never stays for very long. Of course, this is not counting the Spirits. Of the known spirits, Hearth Spirits inhabit approximately a third of hearth fires in the nation, as they don't have the same problems normal mortals have with the location.

As for the cults of other Gods, Lithus/Luthus worship is a very solid majority. Most at least worship Lithus/Luthus primarily, with a smaller amount worshiping the others primarily. The amount of the other God's followers seem to be about the same as each other, with the exception of Utther who seems to have no worshipers. There are whispers of people worshiping Nothing, complete with temples and prayers, though you do not have any solid leads on this.

Worried Maag: But it could always pop up again-right?
Worried dwarf: Bunkers it is then!
Beta Ant: Very well, it seems that is still what we are best suited for anyway...
Dragoon Toolmaker: Hmmm...We have alchol, would that work?
Dwarf Weapon-smith: Eh? What had made you think I was talking to you?
Maag Architect: Ah, wonderful! I will be able to make so many interesting designs with this new material!

Huon was easy to befriend, with you being his respected God and all. He offers to lead you around the nation if you wish, saying at the very least it would keep Nilva at bay. Lithus/Luthus otherwise simply chats with the mortals of the nation, which is still and incredibly popular event with thousands lining up for the chance to take advantage of this.

((I think that the human leader hasn't already been granted immortality. In any case, you get to name whoever you make important/ grant immortality to.))

The Human Leader is pushed to even greater heights, after having been granted Immortality! His influence can now be felt in any human land on any of the fragments, with the majority of humanity now under his thumb. He is a little reluctant to give up the title of Tribal Leader that he has held most of his life, but is willing to become the King of the Kingdom of Man if you would push him to do so.

The King of The Moon and the Human Leader seem to be completely unaware that the other race even exists. They don't seem to be opposed to the idea of an alliance, though they would at least like to meet each other first to see what the other race is like.

The Ring of Charisma may or may not be created! This will have to be re-looked at during income calc. Which lucky mortal will be granted the ring is yet to be seen.

Verruckt gives a speech to those who have begun to brave the dungeon! None have any questions, and many take the speech as a challenge to perform even better then they have been. Though a few more cowardly and less power hungry simply leave the dungeon the second they find an Orb of Evolution, looking to sell it on the planet fragments. (Verruckt -1P)

((Teleporting millions of people at once? I don't class that as plausible.))

(There are most certainly not millions of people in the dungeon at the moment. There is a few hundred at most. Most races haven't even hit the million mark yet)

'Sevron creates a new race! The Crystalline humanoids begin to look into the slab, checking for any inaccuracies or modifications. They do not find any. ('Sevron -6E)

Maag Obelisk Watcher: Well, I don't need to eat, all I do is gain wisdom from this Obelisk. But I could gain more wisdom from having sacred dreams!
Dreamborn Trader: I will tell this wisdom to the others. I do hope it works out...
Rebellious Shadow Kabold: Thanks! This will be much more fun! (Aurosseu -1E)
Nightmaring Ant: As they catch the dreamer and start licking him, their tongues grow to massive tentacles and sprout thorns!
Dreaming Human: Yay! Experiment successful!

Many more Walkers are created! The amount of nightmares in the world decreases significantly, as does the amount of dream-catchers being created. The Nightmares still seem to happen much more frequently then the god of dreams would like, however...(Aurosseu -6E)

Next, Aurosseu creates his Angel! He find a Walker who is known to all serious practitioners of Totem Magic as the most powerful, nicknamed the "Nightmare Killer". This Walker is granted numerous powers, and is named Neiron. (Aurosseu -4E, 1C)

Alicia creates the Musings on the floating islands! They begin rapidly developing, the sounds of different instruments filling the Elysiumian air. (Alicia -5E)

Skolld possess a random wolf, which proceeds to grow chains and more powerful bone proper for the possessing God. This wolf then prowls the world searching for Earth Wolves. It finds several, separated by many miles. One was deep in a cave, the other hidden in a swamp, the next up a tall mountain. All seem to want to avoid Mortal contact more then the other Wolves, likely due to all the digging most Sapients seem to be doing lately (Skolld -1P)

Gai-gen begins to study the Dwarves! He seems to learn the majority of things about them, with specifics having to be asked for time's sake.

Stellarion prayers:
Writhe listener: What are those wales singing about? I am so interested in what it could be!
Maag Scholar: What is beyond space?
SC Dwarf: All these rituals and ceremonies are so hard to keep up! Surly, there must be a better way!

The Space-Clan Dwarves are granted knowledge of Portal Magic! They begin adding it to their typical ceremonies, using their new knowledge to better understand space.

Also...

"ERROR-reboot sequence-... agh. I might have to shut down temporarily, unfortunately. Hibernation, seems like... what will happen to me soon. Not yet."

((I'm going to be temporarily leaving the forums soon.))

((Have fun!))

((I used 1 Power to give someone a fey mood and have them make linothorax.))

((Oh. I had assumed that was to invent it.))

The Clan diplomats are sent to the Loi'naaryt's forest to meet with their female leaders. They refuse, not trusting the new Dwarves and seeing no need for their offerings.

The spymaster is sent to the Human Leader, offering an alliance. The Human Leader seems willing to at least offer a non-aggression pact, though he will wait to see how things play out before offering a more complete alliance. Offering to share the remaining human tribes between them are shot down, he seems to believe all of Humanity should be under his domain.

Some Dwarven kings accept the diplomats, while others reject them outright. Opinions on the CR dwarves very from "They are our brothers!" to "They are a completely different species!". Trade increases, though the Dwarves continue to closely guard many of their more secret technologies such as metal working.

The Aag Nation seems to welcome the offer, but wish to have the permission of their God before doing such a thing. The Saplings are less interested, not wanting to live to far from their Great Trees.

Clan Rilem learns the  "Mobile Portal Doctrine" and begins applying it to its conquest. This works well at first, but soon the extent of use of the portal magic catches up with the Portabani. Many have important memories erased, simply fail important tasks, or fall over dead. The Portabani are soon seen as walking dead, with few wanting to join willingly. The Clan quickly looses faith in this new doctrine, with many falling back to the old ways.

Most races, including Clan Rilem Dwarves, seem to already know of the scientific method due to it being an important part of Lithus/Luthus worship, and spreading easily to non-worshippers.

Lauxal prayers:
Interested Teeththeif: What exactly is a monster, anyway?
Frightened Teeththief: I was just attacked by something while infiltrating a Human's dream! What in the world was that?
Infatuated Shadow Kabold: I fell in love with a Naiad, but she doesn't seem to like the nightmares I gift her! What should I do?

Azem, who may or may not be more then a figment of the God's imagination, creates the Lizard Men! They begin wandering the desert, hunting with their claws and armor. They seem to be advancing swiftly as well. (Uztot -7E)

After a little wondering, the Lizard Men are lead to the Aag nation. They are fully welcomed by the existing races, and use their empathy to get along incredibly well. The Aag begin importing more and more food, supplemented by the Lizard Men's continued hunting.

Utther is given a warm coffee and a chair! It seems many Gods have forgotten what punishment is.

A small, but wonderful, Oasis surrounds Utther! This seems to make his new lawn overgrow and in dire need of a good mowing. (Stellarion -1E)

The Dwarven crownbearers, the Ant RingBearer, and several Evolution Orb wielding adventurers have been teleported to the entrance lobby of the Dungeon! There, a large Ball of Flesh with hundreds of tentacles attempts to steal their artifacts away from them! This beast seems quite powerful already.

A large Kingdom begins expanding and an impressive rate! It seems to be made up of many different races, at least one example of every planet-bound sapient being found inside of it. Its army conquers even more land from numerous races, with no clear goal, only avoiding lands already taken by the Clan Rilem Dwarves. They will soon be the largest kingdom on this fragment.

The Dwarven armories have been raided! Many of the weapons that the Dwarves had been stockpiling on Godly orders have been stolen, from their advanced artillery to metallic tools that can be used as makeshift weaponry. They Dwarves do not have any leads on the culprits.

Revolution breaks out in Clan Rilem controlled territory! Several important leaders have been kidnapped, with Revolutionaries taking responsibility for these actions.

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:49:38 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 12: Digging Deeper
« Reply #1042 on: June 16, 2015, 08:44:59 pm »

Nilva investigates this Nothing people are worshiping, also perusing Maag Lovecraft's literature for references. Hell. Go through all his stuff. He might know things.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 16, 2015, 08:48:31 pm »

To the Maag Architect: "Then use the Mountain. It seems that it would work well enough."

"Does anyone have information about the weapons thefts?"
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 16, 2015, 08:55:05 pm »

Lauxal prayers:
Frightened Teeththief: I was just attacked by something while infiltrating a Human's dream! What in the world was that?
Infatuated Shadow Kabold: I fell in love with a Naiad, but she doesn't seem to like the nightmares I gift her! What should I do?
"Noun/plural noun: monsters/1. a creature that is typically large and frightening."
Search his mind for info on this attacker.
"Why not gift her some flowers. Everyone enjoys flowers."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 16, 2015, 08:58:30 pm »

Lauxal prayers:
"Noun/plural noun: monsters/1. a creature that is typically large and frightening."
"Or you could give her something shiny."

"I'd go with the flowers."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 16, 2015, 09:15:56 pm »

Lauxal prayers:
"Or you could give her something shiny."

"I'd go with the flowers."
"Or join that group that gives good dreams and gift good dreams instead."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 16, 2015, 09:19:49 pm »

Determine if the new multi-species kingdom is expanding near or in my desert. Visit whoever seems to be leading this place and ask him/her/it to tell me more about this kingdom in a friendly/non-threatening way while expressing genuine curiosity. Seek any divine influence that might be visible without spending resources in the kingdom.

Answer to prayers:

Spoiler: prayers (click to show/hide)

Survey the mountain to see if the transmutation was successful.

Order the Aag Nation to defend it's border more aggressively from invaders and plunderers. Tell them to begin the formation of a permanent army, mostly using Saag and Lizardmen as the infantry, but accepting any volunteer. Any lost territory is to be reclaimed as soon as possible. The research, acquisition through trade and fabrication of new weapons, armor and siege weaponry is to be made a priority. Metalworking must also be perfected.

Appear to the nation:

With the rise of power thirsty leaders and nations, I deemed it a necessity to expand our defensive measures. Do not worry, we are not going at war with anyone, only defending what is ours.

Return to the gods:
Am I the only one that find this new mysterious kingdom suspicious? I will investigate it further, unless someone already know something about it and is willing to reveal it, or has any objection.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:45:40 pm by FArgHalfnr »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 16, 2015, 09:28:47 pm »

"Based on how the Rilem are left untouched. I have a suspicion."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 16, 2015, 09:31:33 pm »

Imbue the SC Dwarf with knowledge how to build the Caste of the Free, who are apt to do what they please as long as they further the tribe as a whole.
Teach the Writhe the language of the space whales.
Tell the Maag "Beyond space, there is Unity. If you look beyond space, you become space, you become Unity"
Teach the most intelligent SC Dwarf deep knowledge of Measurement, as well as how to make paper out of hemp.
Plant various hemp fields surrounding the Village.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 137