Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 195865 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 11: Conquering
« Reply #990 on: June 13, 2015, 08:22:46 pm »

((Thanks stirk. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, I blame that on me not being a native English speaker.))

May I suggest mirrors?

Good idea.
Teach the Aag nation how to make crude mirrors from glass. Tell them to attempt to bring light to the temple by redirecting sunlight. Any portion that can't be lit should rely on torches and braziers. Order them to dig small tunnels on the roof to let the smoke out easily.

Create 3k Deepcrawlers, near the capital:

Spoiler: Deepcrawlers (click to show/hide)

Spend up to 4 power (If not possible, use up to 3E instead) to convert stone in the mountain in veins of every metals possible, roughly in similar proportion as they are distributed naturally (rarer metals are still rare in the mountain in comparison with the other more common ones).
Tell the Aag nation to domesticate the Deepcrawlers and use them to begin extracting stone and metals from the mountain as soon as possible. Explain them the basics of metalwork, but let them do most of the work.

Speak to the nation again:

Great news everyone! The dwarfs will no longer have a monopoly on metals! This is one of the many things the mountain was for. Now quickly get to back to work, you still have a lot to do to catch up with them! Expect a new gift relatively soon.

Encourage the entire nation to work together as a single group. Each city council shall elect a Representative from their own to send to the capital, which will together form  the great council, in charge of the nation as a whole. City councils will take care of local tasks and day-to-day governance while the great council will take care of large scale decision and maintain the cohesion of the nation. The capital will also have it's own city council and Representative. Members of every species that inhabit the nation are encouraged to join the council to make sure the interests of everyone are respected. In fact, each city council, along with the great council, will have one additional seat per species.

Survey the nation to determine is any sapiens species other than the Maag and Saag inhabit the nation, and determine roughly the proportion of each use this opportunity to list any prominent cult dedicated to another god, and determine their influence.

Answer to prayers:

Human Revolutionary:
Whatever you choose to do, I wish you courage and good luck.
Worried Maag:
The fight is over now, you no longer have anything to fear.
Worried dwarf:
There is no apocalypse coming. At worst you will see increased warfare on the worlds. There is no reason to hide, but I will not stop you if that is your choice.
Beta Ant:
I have a plan that should help you. Until I begin it, you should focus your advances on magic, attaining a better understanding of the universe, and anything that don't directly require the materials you need.
Dragoon Toolmaker:
I am pleased to hear that you wish to help the world. For your question, do you know of any flammable liquids? Preferably one that takes a long time to burn. Perhaps a fire and heat proof tool coated in that liquid could achieve what you seek? If you know of any flammable gas, and know how to obtain and store it, a device which expel and ignite said gas could also achieve the same purpose. A tool made out of a flammable material could also be used, but the fact that it would be consumed by flames would make it less than ideal, unless it is designed to be able to replace the flammable portions easily, and a fire and heat proof handle is used. So many possibilities... I will let you decide what to choose. Good luck in your project!
Dwarf Weaponsmith:
Are you sure you are addressing the correct god? I do not remember meeting you before. Maybe it is just my bad memory, in which case, I am sorry. Anyhow, I am happy to learn that you were successful in your project. Good luck in your future plans!
Maag Architect:
It seems there was some confusion about the mountain. Things should be fixed now, and your stone should be available soon. You can also ignore the glass tunnel proposition, as the mountain has rendered it obsolete.

Befriend Huon the clothier and wander around in the various villages and the capital, chatting with the locals.

((Sorry again for the ridiculous amount of text everyone.))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:04:55 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 13, 2015, 08:56:33 pm »

If he is not so, grant the human leader immortality. Spend all remaining Power (not essence) on aiding his rule and expansion; encourage that he declare himself King of human lands. Also, what is his name?

Appear before the King of the Moon, suggest that he allies the human King so that there is less risk of death by the other; there are plenty of other places and people to expand, and there is no reason for the human to need to go to the chitin moon. In addition, an alliance would allow the two to fight threats which were too powerful for a single one of them. Recommend this to the human leader as well.

If I have enough Essence without dipping into Crux, craft the Fifth Ring of Patronius; the Ring of Charisma. It grants the bearer improved social skills and gives them an alluring aura, causing others to naturally trust and follow them. It possesses all traits of the Rings of Patronius.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:04:48 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 14, 2015, 12:46:31 am »

Verruckt uses his power to temporarily teleport everyone in the dungeon to the floor he is on. He stands above them on a stage and begins to speak.

A warm welcome to you all and a brief introduction as well. I am Verruckt the creator of this dungeon. God of the frail and the strong, the foolish and the wise.

Verruckt pauses for a second and gazes thoughtfully across the crowd.

Perhaps that's a bit misleading. To be a bit more accurate, I am a god who seeks to provide the frail with the means to become strong and the foolish to become wise. I am a god of change and evolution. One who wishes to see you all reach your greatest potential and to free yourselves from the shackles in your lives. Here in this dungeon, I welcome the weak but I shun the weak of heart. Those of you who are not willing to lay down all you have to become something greater should leave now. This is a place for individuals willing to risk everything in the hopes of achieving something greater than what they already know.

If adventure and personal growth is what you seek then you have come to the right place. Go through the many floors of the dungeon and defeat its many foes. Give everything you have and you may just be able to gain everything you want. I am not a god who intends to give away power for free nor shall I simply sell it for your worship. Instead I present you all with an opportunity and the tools to accomplish something through your own merits. Prove your worth here and throughout the world and you shall be rewarded by your own efforts. Truly impress me and I shall show you the means to grow more than you would otherwise find possible.

What you learn and gain here will serve you outside this dungeon as well. Those of you who achieve greatness here will stand as the greatest of heroes and villains in the world outside. Grasp what you want in life and let no one deny you the opportunity to become what you want to become!

Any questions?

If there are no questions, Verruck claps his hands together and the audience is teleported back to their previous locations.

Edit:

Assuming there's too many people to reasonably teleport using power, just do a hologram / voice projection instead above all the people in the dungeon.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:52:10 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 14, 2015, 12:48:04 am »

((Teleporting millions of people at once? I don't class that as plausible.))

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 14, 2015, 12:49:44 am »

((Think there's millions of people in the dungeon already? Call me pessimistic but I figured it would be at most a few thousand since I just created it.))

((Okay, I'll edit in for the possibility of a voice projection instead just in case.))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:53:10 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 14, 2015, 12:52:40 am »

'Sevron rises from his slumber, and casts a glance in the chaotic doings of the other gods.

Create a race of crystalline humanoid beings, needing no sustenance, whom's task is to maintain the slab. Check to see if anything is untrue or has otherwise been altered.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 10: Hello Friend!
« Reply #996 on: June 14, 2015, 12:52:59 am »

Spoiler: Prayers (click to show/hide)

"Lauxal, there's still nothing personal about this. In another world, maybe we could co-operate."
Aurosseu uses 6E to create more Walkers. He then selects whichever Walker is most prestigious and empowers it with 4E and 1C to become his first Angel. Neiron, as the Angel is to be named, can cause overlaps between dreams and reality, to as great an extent as the Essence spent is worth. It can also take a mortal's form for a more hands-on approach and conversation. Of course, Aurosseu also grants Neiron true sapience. If the resources spent are not enough, Aurosseu draws further from his Crux.
"Neiron, go and bring the mortals hope."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 14, 2015, 02:34:06 am »

Alicia creates 10k Muselings on Elysium

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 14, 2015, 04:06:00 am »

((Eh, I'll do the god information too.))

<Skolld, god of Binding and Bone.>

I expect future reactionary action to drain essence, so I must preserve it at the moment.
Possess a wolf, it will then grow the 7 chains (wrists, shins, neck, band, and lower spine), and get stronger bone.
Walk the lands as said wolf, try to find the earth wolves.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 14, 2015, 07:30:55 am »

Do a comprehensive study on dwarven(both Clan and non Clan) civilization.

"The dwarves are my focus. They are better- mechanical in some nature. Also- all gods have secrets. Mavnon did something else last turn."
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 14, 2015, 09:36:26 am »

Stellarion appears at a small hamlet of dwarves rather far off of the main civ.

"Dwarves you are the chosen ones, if you choose to be.
If you train hard, you can overcome any space, any gap, and become one man armies, able to conquer space.
Your mightiest warriors are to gather and begin meditating daily, for one hour pondering over how to overcome space, then they will follow the Ritual of Spaceless Body.
The Ritual of Spaceless Body is a parcours to overcome fear of space as well as proning the physical abilities. The Ritual is repeated until the sun begins setting. When a year of repeating the Ritual of Spaceless Body he may choose to go submit himself to have the Rite of Becoming Space. He has to climb the highest mountain named, and jump over a river. He is now a Body of Space.

The Most Intelligent amongst you may begin their day meditating for 5 hours, pondering over how to become space. Afterwards they submit themselves to the Ritual of Spaceless Mind. This Ritual is designed to teach you the arts of Organization, Efficiency, Trade, Geography and Astronomy. After five years of training you may enter yourselves to the Rite of Overcoming Space. You are to travel within a dream of another and also answer all sorts of Organizational questions. If you enter the trance, perhaps you will jump without moving. You are now a Mind of Space.

You engineers, watch both of them closely and learn from their movements and ponder about space, ponder oh ponder. Bring forth creations of engineering wonder and use all means to achieve creative perfection. Your sole mission is to better the situation of the whole clan, and to eventually truly conquer space. You are to bring forth inventions to aid the grand tower.

All of you are free to pray to your old god, and my Endless Space allows the worship of another, as we stand together like brothers so far. Respect the old laws, as they were presented, unless they have become shallow and outdated, but keep in mind that the Great Space surrounds you."

Grant the wisest warrior of the clan charisma and knowledge in hand to hand combat, meditation, climbing, jumping and give him a vision of the durrakil.
Grant the wisest thinker of the clan charisma and knowledge in Organization, Efficiency, Trade, Geography, Astronomy, and a Technique to organize space in a manner that is pleasing to space, known as Space-Shui.

Inquire the needs of the population of the Space Clan
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:34:28 am by Detoxicated »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 14, 2015, 09:41:20 am »

((Didn't you already do that?))

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 14, 2015, 09:49:15 am »

((Didn't you already do that?))
((Did not appear in the updates, i think he didn't see it or i was doing to many actions))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 9: Assault
« Reply #1003 on: June 14, 2015, 09:55:14 am »

Tick 9: Hello Friend

Stellarion continues to choose his chosen people, who accept the offer gratefully and begin performing the assigned task, following the example given to them by two blessed specifically by Stellarion. They seem to be doing incredibly well for themselves, though some get distracted with other tasks necessary to keep the others going strong. (Stellarion -2E)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 14, 2015, 10:19:30 am »

((oh nvm then, somehow i missed it))
Listen to prayers
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 137