Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724201 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: Partem Tueri
« Reply #5760 on: July 11, 2016, 10:30:17 pm »

Even better, the skulljack action IS a run and gun. I think. I remember seeing people do the skulljack while the target was gold move distance away. Unless you're saying that you want to run and gun, shoot, then skulljack, in which case I don't think that's a thing.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: July 11, 2016, 10:56:14 pm »

It works like the sword, you can skulljack on a yellow move, but you can't yellow move next to something and then skulljack as an independent action.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: July 12, 2016, 07:33:35 am »

Supersnek got away
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cri evertim ;~;

At least nobody died and literally all six squad members got a promotion out of it.

ALSO GODDAMN BLACK SITES SHOWING UP IN PLACES I CAN'T GET TO AND I'M AT CONTACT LIMIT ALREADY ARGUEBARGLE.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:51:04 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: July 12, 2016, 09:56:27 am »

What I want is a mod that really extends the early game without extending the mid and late game. I like running around fighting advent and sectoids with ballistic weapons. It'd be cool if the whole Avatar project thing didn't kick in until after...say, 6 months or so. Ramp up the research times and alien progression rates and it'd be pretty cool.

Broken on lower difficulties, of course, since you'd have a full squad of high ranked troops in no time, but I mostly play on Commander so that wouldn't be an issue.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: July 12, 2016, 10:54:16 am »

Long War Style fatigue and longer healing times could help in that case, or you need to purchase the ability to promote higher than corporal in the GTS (every rank on its own, of course).

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: July 12, 2016, 11:56:51 am »

What I want is a mod that really extends the early game without extending the mid and late game. I like running around fighting advent and sectoids with ballistic weapons. It'd be cool if the whole Avatar project thing didn't kick in until after...say, 6 months or so. Ramp up the research times and alien progression rates and it'd be pretty cool.

Broken on lower difficulties, of course, since you'd have a full squad of high ranked troops in no time, but I mostly play on Commander so that wouldn't be an issue.
My personal ersatz-solution is Workshop upgradable conventional weapons and Progressive Armor Options. Fuck you, progression, I'm gonna be shooting Andromedons with AK47s while dressed in kevlar. There's also a mod that slows research and aliums, but since it doesn't seem to extend Avatar progression while it does build times, I've been having trouble keeping a lid on it in the game I used the mod.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: July 12, 2016, 12:35:24 pm »

Supersnek got away
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cri evertim ;~;

At least nobody died and literally all six squad members got a promotion out of it.

ALSO GODDAMN BLACK SITES SHOWING UP IN PLACES I CAN'T GET TO AND I'M AT CONTACT LIMIT ALREADY ARGUEBARGLE.

Too bad that's the Viper KING.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: July 12, 2016, 03:07:15 pm »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) thats fine too
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: July 12, 2016, 10:24:57 pm »

Had a weird bug happen. Not sure if it is a bug with the Berserker Queen or a mod thing, but she showed up on a Rescue a VIP from a rioting city mission. I hit her with a frost bomb and then right after that with a gas grenade. She then proceeded to sit around and just be poisoned, doing literally nothing except take poison damage until I knocked her down to 1/3 health. At which point she popped open a rift and jumped in.

Super easy fight, obviously, but definitely a bug of some sort.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5769 on: July 13, 2016, 05:08:37 am »

Had a weird bug happen. Not sure if it is a bug with the Berserker Queen or a mod thing, but she showed up on a Rescue a VIP from a rioting city mission. I hit her with a frost bomb and then right after that with a gas grenade. She then proceeded to sit around and just be poisoned, doing literally nothing except take poison damage until I knocked her down to 1/3 health. At which point she popped open a rift and jumped in.

Super easy fight, obviously, but definitely a bug of some sort.
Its a bug with their pathing. You can do it with acid grenades too. They seem to bug out if taking ongoing damage and/or they can't path anywhere without going through a damaging tile like fire or acid or gas.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: July 13, 2016, 07:36:52 am »

That kind of almost exactly just happened with me, though I didn't use a gas grenade. The berserker queen showed up in a VIP rescue mission and froze her once with the supersnek suit (supersnek showed up in a previous mission and I finally killedhugged him) then unloaded several shots on her.

All she did with her reactions was walk in melee range and... Turn around a few times? After losing 1/3 of her health she just opened a rift and escaped. It was a WOWNOPE moment followed by an EVERYTHING WENT BETTER THAN EXPECTED moment.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: July 13, 2016, 10:18:01 am »

Same thing happened to me, also the VIP Rescue Mission, also the Berzerker Queen. I didn't use grenades on her, but something happened to cause her to freeze on the spot and stop responding.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: July 14, 2016, 05:57:56 am »

Her first reaction for me, she broke the floor of the 3rd story building she was standing on that had no one up there with her... fell, took 6 damage and stunned herself for 4 reactions.  I then got an execution trigger on her, the whole thing was very underwhelming.
Nom nom nom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: July 14, 2016, 06:56:10 am »

Her first reaction for me, she broke the floor of the 3rd story building she was standing on that had no one up there with her... fell, took 6 damage and stunned herself for 4 reactions.  I then got an execution trigger on her, the whole thing was very underwhelming.
You should get the mod to prevent ruler executions then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: July 14, 2016, 08:32:09 am »

On her 2nd appearance during a black site mission, she managed to knock one of my sharpshooters uncouncious and... It just kind of completely bugged my sharpshooter. She wasn't dead, but I couldn't select her for anything and her model just remained there, stuck. I ended up having to evac without her, meaning she got captured because I couldn't do anything about it or interact with her in any way.

Thankfuly it was my lower leveled sharpshooter, not the maxed out one, but damn that sucked.
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 469