Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 469

Author Topic: X-Com Chimera Squad  (Read 724567 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com 2: HYPE WITHIN
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2015, 03:50:39 pm »

I dont think anyone has commented on this yet, and it is just the cinematic trailer so, who knows... but:

They CARRIED one of their team mates for the extraction.  I hope this is a thing.

I also hope that hit-and-run tactics are required in some cases, rather than "kill everything on the field"

Finally (and this is a real longshot) I hope there are actually moving vehicles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2015, 03:51:22 pm »

They CARRIED one of their team mates for the extraction.  I hope this is a thing.
IGN says it is. So probably.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2015, 03:55:37 pm »

IGN says it is. So probably.

I had to go back and check, because I didn't remember that.  What they actually mentioned is Looting fallen enemies and allies, I dont see a specific mention of carrying for evac.

What I DID notice was this:

New enemies: Evolved Sectoids, snake-lady Vipers, and Advent soldiers

Those are not pectorals!  those are snakeboobs for the alien boobgods!

I wonder if the designers and artists are really that puerile, or if it is just a super cynical marketing move?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2015, 04:07:15 pm »

Almost certain I read somewhere carrying unconscious bodies to evac was a thing - not sure if it was on IGN or the official site.

Release is scheduled for November - it's in the trailer, at the very end.

As for class speculation - I still feel the drone may be tied to one of the classes. If only because given the stealth possibilities some class features from 1 would inevitably become much more useful than others and so would need reworks.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2015, 04:07:42 pm »

IGN doesn't say it, but the official site does.

Tactical Guerilla Combat
New gameplay systems offer more tactical flexibility in combat. The state of the world affects each combat mission's environment. Use concealment to ambush enemy patrols. Loot enemies for precious gear and artifacts. Rescue VIPs and save fallen comrades by carrying them to the extraction point.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2015, 04:15:00 pm »

What I DID notice was this:

New enemies: Evolved Sectoids, snake-lady Vipers, and Advent soldiers

Those are not pectorals!  those are snakeboobs for the alien boobgods!

I wonder if the designers and artists are really that puerile, or if it is just a super cynical marketing move?
I'm not going to jump to judgement about that.  If they were trying to use it as a marketing ploy, they could have done a lot more to emphasize her feminine features.  All the human-esque bits are armored except for the upper arms, the camera angles serve more to obscure her breasts than show them.  The animations were also pretty great; standard shooting animations, snake-like hiss, terrifyingly fast movement to grab the XCOM guy.  Nothing that struck me like it was supposed to be sexy.

It looks like snakemen (vipers?) this time have the opposite schtick to the old snakemen; they'll move quickly and be capable of melee, where the old ones were slow and left melee to their happy lobster friends.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 01, 2015, 04:16:43 pm »

Maybe you'll need to get to the guy within x turns again to pick him up.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 01, 2015, 04:17:53 pm »

I think the surplus class to be some brand of a sneaky stealth dude. A Rogue, in D&D terms, if you will. Possibly the melee guy as well, as that only makes sense - a stab isn't, on its own, a loud attack, after all. And the Drone would be a Support guy thing or maybe something like the Battle Scanner.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2015, 04:19:11 pm »

@Carrying people to extraction...   KidnappingRecruitment Method?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 01, 2015, 04:30:20 pm »

@Carrying people to extraction...   KidnappingRecruitment Method?
VIP kidnapping rescue obviously.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 01, 2015, 04:41:58 pm »

Actually, kidnapping ADVENT leaders sounds like a really fun mechanic that makes a lot of sense. Also, just realized that you probably need to haul any stunned enemies as well, so that will be fun.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 01, 2015, 04:49:58 pm »

I imagine that missions inside ADVENT cities will play differently in that enemy reinforcements will probably keep coming in and you need to complete the objective and get out, rather than just killing everything and getting a win screen.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 01, 2015, 04:53:10 pm »

I think the surplus class to be some brand of a sneaky stealth dude. A Rogue, in D&D terms, if you will. Possibly the melee guy as well, as that only makes sense - a stab isn't, on its own, a loud attack, after all. And the Drone would be a Support guy thing or maybe something like the Battle Scanner.

I think the ranger - the stab guy - is supposed to be the sneaky stealth dude.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 01, 2015, 04:55:14 pm »

It looks like the stealth structure of everything will replace the crappy reveal mechanics of the previous game with something fun.

Carrying downed allies out of the level, stealth, having a mobile base instead of a stationary HQ... looks like this game has weird similarities Invisible Inc. considering they were developed parallel to each other (and Invisible Inc. was super inspired by newcom).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2015, 05:07:04 pm »

Fun fact: in the early parts of the trailer, about when you see the sectoid-human hybrid statue, you can see a screen in the background that shows an Ethereal in a heroic pose.

EDIT: Also if you look at their weapons, they look a lot like ballistic weapons from EU/EW
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:12:02 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 469