Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 253870 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1740 on: July 12, 2015, 09:00:15 pm »

The Saag would probably considered asexual, due to their unique mean of reproduction.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: July 12, 2015, 09:10:19 pm »

If they were always human, Andres, I would bring up biological differences in the genders, males typically being stronger and finding it easier to develop musculature necessary for heavy armor and swordsmanship due to testosterone while women often go overlooked due to medieval society typically considering women the weaker sex, allowing them to get into position more easily for sniping, as well as a reduced need for such high strength levels due to the use of crossbows rather than longbows and, presumably, well-made mechanical equipment for winching. Since they have less testosterone, they're also more likely to be able to remain patient for long periods of time and think things through ahead of time.
Eh, Iliseth made male and female Humans equal, at least in the physical department. Humanity - or at least her clergy - are equal when it comes to the sexes.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: July 12, 2015, 09:16:25 pm »

So do women put more body tissue towards muscle or do men put more towards fat? Or both? Are their skeletons the same? How much are they equal (as in, can you tell the difference most of the time by looking?)?

I mean, that's a fairly big difference as compared to real humans. Maybe you specified it earlier, but that definitely makes them less humans, and more Humans.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: July 12, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »

So do women put more body tissue towards muscle or do men put more towards fat? Or both? Are their skeletons the same? How much are they equal (as in, can you tell the difference most of the time by looking?)?
Men and women look the same as their RL counterparts. They're equal because I'm a god and I say they're equal.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: July 12, 2015, 09:41:58 pm »

Uh...huh.

I'm asking whether you buffed the women or nerfed the men, in the physical strength category, Andres.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 12, 2015, 09:42:39 pm »

Sorry, I didn't get that.

*shrug*

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 12, 2015, 09:50:47 pm »

Also, Andres, beware;

Katanite is liable to be far worse than good old plain steel, given Stirk's disposition towards hype and weeaboo. :P

Would probably be better to just say Damascus steel or titanium.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 12, 2015, 09:56:16 pm »

Also, Andres, beware;

Katanite is liable to be far worse than good old plain steel, given Stirk's disposition towards hype and weeaboo. :P

Put more essence into it!
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 12, 2015, 10:13:25 pm »

$$$
Give CRD early guns and the knowledge to create blackpowder. They already have the prerequisites, from what I know.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:18:17 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 12, 2015, 10:17:15 pm »

$$$
Give CRD guns. They already have the prerequisites, from what I know.

Good idea, but note full-fledged guns might not be possible yet- flintlock pistols and muskets are feasible however.
Note they'll need gunpowder first.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: July 12, 2015, 10:17:55 pm »

That's what I meant by guns. As for gunpowder they already know the components of black powder. Edited to make it clearer.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: July 12, 2015, 10:18:52 pm »

Also, Andres, beware;

I feel the same way towards weaboo crap, but I just needed an example of the quality of the metal and that seemed to fit. I'm not sure of the properties of Damascus steel and titanium vs regular steel so katanite is what I went with. Besides, I doubt Stirk would purposefully mess up my desired and very obvious action just because he doesn't like the thing I compared it to.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: July 12, 2015, 10:19:12 pm »

$$$
Give CRD guns. They already have the prerequisites, from what I know.

They don't~.
They have the prerequisite for black powder, which would need another 500 years of advancement to make even simple gun-style weapons. Before that it is much more useful for incendiary and flamethrower style weapons.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: July 12, 2015, 10:19:57 pm »

Refer to edit.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: July 12, 2015, 10:24:10 pm »

Refer to edit.

I did. Black powder was invented in the 9th century, and didn't explode due to a difference in formula. It took hundreds of years to develop it to the point protoguns where possible, in the 14 century. The black powder they would be able to make isn't a prerequisite for guns, which is going to kick the price up probably more then you would expect.

**GMEDIT**

And, for the record, flintlocks are fairly advanced firearms as far as history goes (17 century), and so is the musket (16~ century). Once you get to that point, you are looking at a huge price tag, due to all the small advancements needed to get that far. As that is also a world-changing event, with these weapons being made to essentially give to every soldier, it isn't something you could afford without help. Exact numbers would come when I get to the chore of Price Checks, I just wanted you to know why I am going to make it expensive.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:34:35 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 166