Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 253857 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #1725 on: July 12, 2015, 07:22:33 pm »

$$$

For the longer run...

Price check on starting an order of Gai-Knights.

The Gai-Knights are skilled melee warriors empowered by me with the purpose of ensuring the spread of technology and fighting on my behalf. The Gai-Knights have 7 "orders", of which the first only has one member. The First Order only has the leader within it. The leader is whoever has the strongest fighting skills, defined by victory in duels and large numbers of kills. The leader is immortal for as long as he is the strongest fighter. If he becomes not the strongest fighter, the immortality will end, leaving the former leader's body at the biological age it had during immortality(but now aging). (note only males can become Gai-Knights. See Gen-Snipers for fairness) The Second Order has only seven members, as you might imagine they are the 7 strongest fighters that are not the leader. Their aging speed is halved. The other 5 Orders have no maximum member number restriction.

Membership in the Gai-Knights is signified by wearing a gear amulet made of gold. The size of the gear depends on the Order number. As you might expect, the First Order has the largest gear and the Seventh has the smallest.

Being a Gai-Knight also has other benefits. The Fifth Order and up can go into martial trances when fighting an unfair battle to boost their fighting skills. The Third Order and above can infuse fire or electricity into their attacks. The First Order(one member, the leader) can call the spirits of those Gai-Knights who died fighting into himself to boost his power and allow him to "flash step".

Price check on starting an order of Gen-Snipers.

The Gen-Snipers are a group of elite crossbow wielding females empowered by me with the purpose of ensuring the spread of technology and fighting on my behalf. The Gen-Snipers have 7 Orders. The same "immortal leader, slowly aging near-leaders" thing applies here also. The same "1 in First, 7 in Second, infinite in rest" also applies here.

The symbol and badge of membership of the Gen-Snipers is a custom-made crossbow. Anyone in the Gen-Snipers must use a crossbow they made themselves.
The Order a Gen-Sniper occupies is calculated based on their accuracy and kill-count. The change in leadership and whatnot is determined by long-ranged archery contests(using crossbows).

Every Order gained by a Gen-Sniper improves their range, accuracy, eyesight, and dexterity. At the Fourth Order, any Gen-Sniper has the option to, twice a day, fire a crossbow bolt that explodes in a magical explosion. Note that at the First Order, a Gen-Sniper could snipe across a large city, and then some.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 12, 2015, 07:31:39 pm »

Why are the Gen-Snipers exclusively female?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 12, 2015, 07:32:57 pm »

Because the Gai-Knights are exclusively male and I was trying to be fair.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 12, 2015, 07:42:10 pm »

Why even set based on gender? There are several species that don't have gender or can arbitrarily pick their gender on a whim.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 12, 2015, 07:56:06 pm »

I have a question: How is a group of knights and crossbow-women supposed to spread technology? Other than that, Lithus would potentially be interested in seeing these groups prosper, considering their goal.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:00:53 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 12, 2015, 07:57:53 pm »

I didn't see the male-exclusivity because I thought if they had it it'd be at the top like it was the for the snipers. I still don't get why you'd segregate them by gender.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 12, 2015, 08:36:19 pm »

I didn't see the male-exclusivity because I thought if they had it it'd be at the top like it was the for the snipers. I still don't get why you'd segregate them by gender.
Because I feel it's somewhat more realistic. Of course... considering this game...

I have a question: How is a group of knights and crossbow-women supposed to spread technology? Other than that, Lithus would potentially be interested in seeing these groups prosper, considering their goal.
I have no idea. Destroy anybody who tries to stop technology spread.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 12, 2015, 08:38:39 pm »

Because I feel it's somewhat more realistic. Of course... considering this game...

I have no idea. Destroy anybody who tries to stop technology spread.
Nilva would like to remind you that gender isn't really binary.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 12, 2015, 08:40:28 pm »

They enforce patents, obviously, Farg.

It's really important. :P

I feel like it takes more skill to win a duel without killing than to kill. Counting coup and all that.

If they were always human, Andres, I would bring up biological differences in the genders, males typically being stronger and finding it easier to develop musculature necessary for heavy armor and swordsmanship due to testosterone while women often go overlooked due to medieval society typically considering women the weaker sex, allowing them to get into position more easily for sniping, as well as a reduced need for such high strength levels due to the use of crossbows rather than longbows and, presumably, well-made mechanical equipment for winching. Since they have less testosterone, they're also more likely to be able to remain patient for long periods of time and think things through ahead of time.

Since they aren't exclusively human and since sexual dimorphism between species varies hugely, with some species the females being the larger and stronger ones and so on, then for aesthetic purposes.

What? It makes the Orders stand out a little bit more than if they were Co-Ed, especially if they're meant to work closely together. Sure, you won't have as many skilled members in either group, but still.

Sex is though, Kevak. :P At least most of the time. >.>

EDIT: Oh, and, uh, micelus, I think you have some typos...I'm not entirely sure what you were saying. Did you mean 'The answer to that riddle will tell' rather than 'riddle well'?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:46:28 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 12, 2015, 08:42:45 pm »

Rolep. Sex isn't really binary here either. There are maybe 5 or 6 species that do binary. The rest do very different stuff.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 12, 2015, 08:46:59 pm »

Such as?

From what I can tell, the ones that have sexes are binary. If they're unisex, I don't even really consider sex to apply.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 12, 2015, 08:49:47 pm »

All the incorporeals for one.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 12, 2015, 08:50:59 pm »

Incorporeals don't fight physically, do they.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 12, 2015, 08:51:16 pm »

Do they have any sexes, though?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 12, 2015, 08:52:09 pm »

Well apparently some incorporeals can steal teeth from the material plane. So they might fight physically?

Also there's a magic system in place that lets them fight physically.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 166