Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 253303 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (20/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #960 on: June 06, 2015, 10:46:47 pm »

Such a creeper.

Are you going to do your glorious stuff publicly?
She's a scientist, not a pervert. Besides, I'm not entirely sure I can see anything besides souls when I'm using soul sense.

Probably, but but doing it secretly is also an option considering Stirk has the weekend free.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 06, 2015, 10:47:55 pm »

Such a creeper.
She's a scientist, not a pervert. Besides, I'm not entirely sure I can see anything besides souls when I'm using soul sense.
"I'm stalking you for science!"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 06, 2015, 10:52:11 pm »

How Do the Hearth Keepers reproduce anyways? Was that ever specified?
No it wasn't. Mitosis makes as much sense as anything though.
It would mean that every Hearth Keeper needs to commit suicide in order to reproduce. Keep it vague or my god will be forced to use soul sense to observe the reproduction.
Mitosis doesn't kill the original thing. It makes a perfect clone.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 06, 2015, 10:53:41 pm »

You could make it that Heath Keepers are formed from empty hearths/other fires when other Hearth Keepers are around. Better than having clones, at least, and my god wouldn't be interested in such a phenomenon.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 06, 2015, 11:03:57 pm »

Quick price check ($$$), hopefully(prolly not):

How much for establishing a system where the souls of dead Saplings go to the nearest Great Tree and combine with/into it(it's a peaceful process, a becoming one type of thing, though it's also like a drop in a bucket; it just so happens there's a lot of drops), or if there isn't a Great Tree nearby, they tend towards places with lots of life/biodiversity, especially large life, and sort of 'become one' with nature, increasing the fertility of the area and slowly fading away(again, peaceful) into the shadows? Great Trees becone more 'powerful' the larger their soul is(as you might expect from something with that spark of Divinity in it), and if their 'souls' are very much larger than their 'bodies'(if you know what I mean?) then they grow a bit faster(not a lot, mind you), though their soul doesn't 'grow' with them naturally if it's already that much larger(if they catch up it'll start 'growing' again).

Oh, and how much, if anything, for Great Tree to be able to do 'magic'/divine-ish actions on a far lesser scale? (they should be able to help defend themselves/Saplings, basically, in ways other than growing bio-weapons or something...actually that makes me wonder...)

How much for Great Trees being able to grow bio-weapons to defend themselves(I'm mostly thinking spores and pollen or falling leaves/petals and the like)?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 06, 2015, 11:08:25 pm »

Can people worship you even if they're in the afterlife? Do I even need soul sense to see souls? I'm starting to think that it only increases the brightness of souls rather than letting me see them at all.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:16:27 pm by Andres »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 06, 2015, 11:38:02 pm »

Can people worship you even if they're in the afterlife? Do I even need soul sense to see souls? I'm starting to think that it only increases the brightness of souls rather than letting me see them at all.
I believe Stirk answered me when I asked about afterlives with "try it and find out"
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:39:59 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 07, 2015, 12:54:07 am »

Hm. Okay how about this, Naiad children look like normal Humans/Maag/whatever when not in water, but gain Naiad characteristics when in it, which includes all standard fishy things like scales and gills.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 07, 2015, 12:56:59 am »

Hm. Okay how about this, Naiad children look like normal Humans/Maag/whatever when not in water, but gain Naiad characteristics when in it, which includes all standard fishy things like scales and gills.
So we can use the drowning test to test for witches? Sounds good to me!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 07, 2015, 12:57:41 am »

Hmm...
-Your offer is interesting.
-I can definitively see some benefit from this.
-I fear that the quality of my worship might become diluted between multiple gods.
-Heat and light sources are not a priority right now.
-My resources are being strained by multiple projects.
I am happy to see you wish to collaborate, but I will have to refuse this deal. If you come up with other propositions, please do tell me. I would be interested in some form of cooperation in the future.

I kinda like that way of talking for my character. I think I will make it one of his trait and use it as his normal speech in the future. It would fit with the scientific aspect of his personality. I'll probably use a more mechanical speech in the future too.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:59:13 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 07, 2015, 01:00:17 am »

Izgamlo gives a mighty burst of power, destroying the few remaining Archons by tearing them limb from limb with a series of small portals. The Ants are now free from the mind control. The remaining Alphas declare themselves the rulers of the new civilization, splitting it up into several colonies ruled by a male and female Alpha. The ring-barring Ant names himself king of the Moon, due to having the Ring. The other colonial leaders seem to be eying the ring, hoping to take the title for themselves....(Izgamlo -4E)

The heck? I specified using power I'm pretty sure.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #971 on: June 07, 2015, 01:04:04 am »

Do I have to teach pyromancy to my followers, and if so does that require any essence?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 07, 2015, 01:06:52 am »

Tch, I thought destroying the armies would be a bad idea but fatigue overtook me before I could discuss being more surgical with the God of Greed.

Spend power to destroy all surviving Archons. Forbid any further fighting between ants. Listen to prayers. Teach the ants the new ritual magic created by Lorash
Any reason I didn't listen to prayers and didn't teach magic?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 07, 2015, 02:38:08 am »

Hundreds-if not thousands- of Leaders, from every race, meet their end! The more powerful the leader, the more likely they are to be targeted. The Councilmen of the Maag, the Tribal Leaders of the Humans, even the Alphas of the Ants all simply parish! Many mighty animals seem to fall as well, some of the largest megafauna dropping in the rain. Many of the races are put into turmoil, as they try to deal with the rain crises at the same time as this. Who could have done such a thing?
I am going to challenge that:
Aurosseu spends up to 3P to hinder this action.
Jbg cancelled the action, but I didn't. The protection was supposed to be there even if nobody had attacked the leaders.

I'm going to be mostly away for a week or so after today. I might post around a little on my phone, but I simply can't play a game as complicated as this one while on the road. Next Tick, Please put Aurosseu into safe stasis, or whatever you want to call this spinoff's vacation system.

Ninjaedit: Alternately, would someone want to play Aurosseu for me while I'm gone?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 07, 2015, 03:30:46 am »

Stirk has already said that Void Litany doesn't have a safe stasis system.

I'd be willing two play around with two god's essence pools.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 166