Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 253284 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #990 on: June 07, 2015, 04:03:46 pm »

Could just enslave him.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 07, 2015, 04:04:26 pm »

Could just enslave him.
#even rooder dood
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 07, 2015, 04:05:06 pm »

Let's kill this guy.

This sounds like something that should be kept IC
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 07, 2015, 04:07:06 pm »

Let's kill this guy.

This sounds like something that should be kept IC
He might want to actually kill me in real life.
Would explain the letters I've been getting. Would also explain the font colors they're in.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 07, 2015, 04:14:19 pm »

Could just drain his Essence, eat his soul, and turn his body into a weapon...not that I would do any of these things, of course.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 07, 2015, 04:15:15 pm »

I think you should. Also- I'm beginning to think this is turning into Divine Mafia.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 07, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »

Could just enslave him.
#even rooder dood
says da guy trying to break all our stuff.

You brought this on yourself. We weren't gonna let you break our stuff. You coulda been subtle about it, but noooo, you had to be big and flashy. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 07, 2015, 04:17:05 pm »

Actually, regarding the conversion, it seems to work on a 50% penalty system.

Basically, the value of things are:

1P = 1P
1E = 2P
1C = 4P

But with a 50% penalty, 1C translates into 1E, rather than 2E, and 2P rather than 4P.
So if you want to get Crux, you'll have to either give 8P or 4E.
Of course, that's just my opinion.

Interesting theory~

$$$ANSWERS
Soulputer: (? ? ?)

(? ? ?) are generally things that I don't feel that it is a good idea to price check. Things that you have no way of know, things that are hidden, things that require SCIENCE to figure out, and things I don't feel like price checking at the moment .

I think you missed mine again(though it was for carving a slab in the dwarven tunnels with diagrams, so it might just be free.)

No, I got them. The answer was "1P" for the carvings, but you would still have to pay normal price to get the inventions done.

A god could just run behind another and block or reverse every action. I don't see why it would be impossible to throw a shield over every fireball-targeted being, curse anything blessed, or transformed anything transformed so that the objects will be in their original forms.

They could do that. The problem is, in my opinion, that isn't what they are attempting to do. That doesn't seem to be the intent. The intent seems to be "I am putting this here to directly stop the action". The real problem with "Vetoes" is that they make secret actions completely unblockable, while pretty much assuring that any negative action done in the thread will be blocked immediately. So I could either let you block the action, which you couldn't have done if they did it in secret in the first place, remove secret actions (which I don't think anyone wants) to make it more even, or find some other solution. Does that make sense?

$$$ANSWERS
Soul-travling afterlife: Maybe Probably ~ 2-4E
Magic: They may or may not be capable of using normal mortal magic. If you want something different then that, you would have to make a new system specifically for Great Trees.
Natural Weapons: Varied depending on strength. Generally 1-3E for mortal-quality.

The heck? I specified using power I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, for some reason, I usually hit the E key while doing this instead of the P key. This is almost always fixed during actual calculation and just a typo on my part. I hope, at least.

Do I have to teach pyromancy to my followers, and if so does that require any essence?

Yes, and no. You still have to clarify some things so I can create it though. Mostly what powers it, and what it can do.

Any reason I didn't listen to prayers and didn't teach magic?

You did teach magic, and you did listen to prayers. I just missed that, I guess. I remember writing one for three ants and guess I never actually did that  :-\.

Jbg cancelled the action, but I didn't. The protection was supposed to be there even if nobody had attacked the leaders.

It is possible that you did. In any case, in my opinion, that was specifically target at a canceled action. Thus it had to be canceled itself. You can not hinder an action that is not taken, and if someone took a different action it would not effect it. If it was something like "Spend XP to hide the greatest leaders from any God" it would have taken effect anyway.

To put it another way, lets say you order a man to guard a gate. You specifically order this guard to keep an eye out for one man, a known assassin, and stop him and only him from entering. If this man sends someone else to perform his job, then the guard wouldn't stop him and you get assassinated. If you had ordered him to do something like "stop anyone who looks suspicious" or even "stop anyone", then he would have stopped the new assassin. Following the letter of the order means other danger gets by. I am horrible at making examples  :P.

I'm going to be mostly away for a week or so after today. I might post around a little on my phone, but I simply can't play a game as complicated as this one while on the road. Next Tick, Please put Aurosseu into safe stasis, or whatever you want to call this spinoff's vacation system.

Ninjaedit: Alternately, would someone want to play Aurosseu for me while I'm gone?

I completely understand, and will fudge things to keep you from being killed  :P. If you do find someone else to take your place, please do tell me in PMs about it and how much you want me to tell them about your creations. If you do end up getting attacked, I might consider a kind of safe-stasis. KJP's was mainly because he had a system that meant inactive people where vulnerable, which we don't really have here.

You weren't even participating in that battle.

But you asked me for suggestions, and I suggested setting the Golems on fire. The posts show it!

$$$ANSWERS
Post-creation small sun: 60-80E

I'll take whatever GM protection I can have, and politely ask y'all not to murder me while I'm away. I repeat I might be posting short messages around the forums, maybe including a few snarky comments in Litany, but don't consider me as actually playing the game before I fully return.

Honestly, since you seem to have stated it is fine anyway, if your Character gets put into a tight spot I will probably Auto him at a penalty in the most objective way I can (Probably something like "Spend a bunch of essence and Power to hide").

On the ant planet, did every alpha get wiped out or just the most powerful ones? Did the one bearing the Ring of Magic die?

The majority of Alphas seem to have been illuminated in the Revolution or Regicide. The Ring Bearer still lives, having saved himself and the Alphas directly under him using the rings magic. A dozen or so are left.

Great. And I have a small question: Did you made my clothier quit his job just so he wouldn't be killed by Utther?

...Maybe. The motivations of the NPCs are strange and unpredictable! In reality, though, I try to not reveal why things happened unless they where both public and obviose. Otherwise on the ones I refuse to explain are obviously done by secret actions. He could have been saved by me, a God who was fond of him, or even himself or his Immortality.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 07, 2015, 04:35:25 pm »

Bully.
Bully from all sides.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 07, 2015, 04:40:08 pm »

Considering it's either you or Mavnon who triggered the regicide, and I think Mavnon has an alibi, it's not a surprise.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 07, 2015, 04:41:27 pm »

Utther's a great character. I really don't wanna see him die. :D
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 07, 2015, 04:43:34 pm »

Don't you mean  :'( ... oh wait, sarcasm.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 07, 2015, 04:44:54 pm »

Utther's a great character. I really don't wanna see him die. :D
Note my proposal~

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 07, 2015, 04:45:11 pm »

The very reason why I defended Fusil in Ye Gods. On one hand, he was a blight upon the council and it's creations that would doom us all. On the other, he was amusing and I will always trade well-being of fictional life for my amusment.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 07, 2015, 04:45:44 pm »

Don't you mean  :'( ... oh wait, sarcasm.
No, not sarcasm. I actually do like his character and I actually don't want to see him die. I'm smiling because it's fun to watch either way and the time we've had with Utther was enjoyable.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 166