Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 194558 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile

*Char appears to wake up after a period of stasis* Sorry my brethren for my inactivity. I have been deep in thought as to what sort of followers to make and believe I have found a solution. *Char creates (propogatesif possible. I know that was a thing in Ye Gods, but I'm not sure about this) the Droogans (Droo-guns) and the Dragons*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragons: (click to show/hide)

*Fire breathing: For Droogans they can easily launch flames 5 meters in their prime (which is about 40(they live to 90 usually) and can sustain that for about 10 seconds). Their fire-abilities are affected by factors such as age, health, diet, training, and pyomantic (basically just fire magic) ability. Prayers to me before use can also increase fire ability. They are capable of using specialized organs in their body to make and propel these flames, much like a flame thrower.
Step 1. Flammable gas is pumped out of their stomach and up the wind pipe by a special organ.
Step 2. Two hard rock like organs in their throats click together, like flint and steel sparking a flame.
Step 3. The fire passes through the fire proof mouth and continues onward.

Uses 5E to create and spread the Droogans and 2E for the Dragons. Uses 5 power to increase their fertility for the tick. Uses 1E to make and send an unaging prophet to the Droogans to teach them to worship me and teach them pyromancy. (I don't think I need to define pyromancy, but tell me if I must).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:25:57 am by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(propogatesif possible. I know that was a thing in Ye Gods, but I'm not sure about this)
(Not a thing in this game.)

Uses 1E to make and send an unaging prophet to the Droogans to teach them to worship me
(Created beings start out with max worship quality.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good, now that that's out of the way, Lithus, I believe they called you? I'd like to formally introduce myself, Char, lord of fire and minds. I'd like to say that I quite adore the little Maag creatures you have made and considering that light and heat sustain them and that fire produces light and heat, I think we can make out a business deal. If I provide fire and fiery products to help the Maag, will you encourage the Maag to worship me? *Offers his hand for a handshake*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:27:43 am by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good, now that that's out of the way, Lithus, I believe they called you? I'd like to formally introduce myself, Char, lord of fire and minds. I'd like to say that I quite adore the little Maag creatures you have made and considering that light and heat sustain them and that fire produces light and heat, I think we can make out a business deal. If I provide fire and fiery products to help the Maag, will you encourage the Maag to worship me? *Offers his hand for a handshake*

Hmm...
-Your offer is interesting.
-I can definitively see some benefit from this.
-I fear that the quality of my worship might become diluted between multiple gods.
-Heat and light sources are not a priority right now.
-My resources are being strained by multiple projects.
I am happy to see you wish to collaborate, but I will have to refuse this deal. If you come up with other propositions, please do tell me. I would be interested in some form of cooperation in the future.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm...
-Your offer is interesting.
-I can definitively see some benefit from this.
-I fear that the quality of my worship might become diluted between multiple gods.
-Heat and light sources are not a priority right now.
-My resources are being strained by multiple projects.
I am happy to see you wish to collaborate, but I will have to refuse this deal. If you come up with other propositions, please do tell me. I would be interested in some form of cooperation in the future.

I understand. If you need products to assist your Maag in travel to cold or dark areas, I think I could manufacture a potion that could give them sustenance. If you need this in the future, simply ask and we can make a deal. I just thought I'd let you know in case you were interested.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Tick 7: Regicide & Rain

Izgamlo gives a mighty burst of power, destroying the few remaining Archons by tearing them limb from limb with a series of small portals. The Ants are now free from the mind control. The remaining Alphas declare themselves the rulers of the new civilization, splitting it up into several colonies ruled by a male and female Alpha. The ring-barring Ant names himself king of the Moon, due to having the Ring. The other colonial leaders seem to be eying the ring, hoping to take the title for themselves....(Izgamlo -4P)

The weather conditions continue to persist in Sapling controlled areas, growing their numbers more and more. A new Great Tree is placed in a valley-sized Oasis, and begins growing and a great place with the help of the new weather. (Teburshe-2E,5P)

Teburshe prayers:
Sapling Trader: Why is the weather so bad whenever we leave our Great Trees? I wish we could take it with us!
Sapling Scholar: I am finally going to use the Stones! What knowlage should I ask for, great Teburshe?
Wealthy Sapling: I am thinking of getting a gift for our Great Tree. What size School Uniform does she wear?

Snakes and rabbits are created! The snakes begin eating the rabbits, and so does the majority of the wolf-based forest...

Human wife: He has just been acting different then normal...
Human husband: I'm just happy that I haven't had a nightmare in months! Nothing is wrong with me!

They seem to be normal. You don't detect anything out of the ordinary using your abilities. The husband is put under house arrest, with several priests of Iliseth volunteering to guard the place on a shift bases.

they seem to appear to be two souls chained together.

The Divine Library has nothing on souls dying.

Iliseth attempts to suppress the nightmares in humanity using two power. (Iliseth-2P)

Soul sense before anything else is created.

The guards living around it block off anything you could have seen.

The power-made "Dwaves" don't seem to have any souls...

Humanity is given knowlage of the wheel, and begin using it in carts. They begin attempting to domesticate horses and holfs to pull the new carts, but for the time being carry them around themselves. As the traders are most likely to use carts, the technology spreads swiftly to all the trading races.

Maag Trader: Thank you Uztot! I will be sure our children are faithful and spread this story to others! (Uztot-1P)
Ant Soldier: Its over? Thank the gods. I won't let something like this ever happen again! (Uztot -2E)

Many Gods come together to build the mysterious Totem Magic. Could all these gods acting together mean this magic holds an untold power? (Aurosseu -2E)

Illyria goes to the school of hard-stones, periodically offering corpses in return for knowledge. After several months and another offering, she states an observation to you.

"From what I can tell, there is something unusual in one of the stones. I might just be Nothing...."

((The fertility boost was supposed to be power instead of essence))

I know, I corrected it during calculations.

The races are given Music by the Music God. Different types of music are developed in each race, from the skin-drums of the Humans to the Dwarven copper chimes to the primitive wood winds of the Saplings.

The Alicia-born seem to be incapable of leaving the Islands for long periods of time without dying.

A massive rain overtakes the majority of the planet fragments! Many of the smaller craters fill with water completely. There are several deaths from flooding, and the constant rain ruins many crops. The Sapling trees seem unaffected, keeping with their constantly good weather. The rain starts over the deserts of the Maag, only to be quickly shoed away by their God. As for the rest of the world, they generally attempt to find new ways to find food, relying on hunting and the newly given fishing. The Dwarves create architecture good at driving off the rain, which spreads quickly to the other effected races. Huon invents water-proof clothing, capes made from the hard leaves of the sand cotton, outfits made of river-animal skin, and large hats also made of the leaves. He then risks life and limb going out alone to spread these technologies to the races that need them, naturally trade is halted by this. (Mavnon-6P)(Lithus/Luthus -3P)

Sankis has a fey mood! He quickly invents the Wagon after dragging several random pieces of wood into his workshop. It is covered, protecting its rider's from the rain, and superior at moving goods compared to a simple cart. The technology spreads to other dwarves, but little of it manages to get to the other races. He continues to become an even more-skilled engineer, immediately coming up with several ideas for maintaining the cart (Gai-gen-1E,1P).

Stellarion visits the Ants, finding the toughest to be the Ring Bearer. He is grateful for the gift, and uses his portal magic as amplifiers to let his music spread throughout the moon. He takes a break from playing to order his men to start gathering the rocks, still using the portals. They seem to find some in another colonies' territory, who overhears the order due to its means of communication. The rocks are seized, and tensions are raised...

The Maag's communist system is now better understood by those who follow it. They prepare for the mountain to be raised again, which juts to a medium-sized mountain. Many in Maag territory can now see it from a good distance and use it for navigating the desert. The Maag Clothier, named Huon, is granted Immortality. He is grateful for this gift, but leaves his position of power, fearing that an Immortal leader would loose touch with his people and simply isn't a fit for the democracy. (Lithus/Luthus -1E,-2P)

He then continues to grant the Maag giant protectors, leaving the Maag with the brains. Several massive stone creatures begin to roam around the Maag deserts, protecting them from the harm that doesn't seem to come. (Lithus/Luthus-8E)

The Maag/Saag seem to already have the basics mathematics, haven gotten it from the Humans.

Stellarion goes through the land as a human, helping to spread his ideas. With limited trade going on and nations still hungry for ideas, many of them seem to take. Many people begin to build towers, with the hopes of avoiding the worst of the floods.

Sad Ant: So, it is impossible then...are they well, at least?
Young Saplings: So, what did she say?

Moi'aaty prayers:
Human man: Rain can cause both life and death, just like you! I want to be able to make it rain whenever I want!
Dwarf Woman: What is the proper way to respect those who has passed on?
Maag Gravedigger: It is so hard to bury people in this sand! How should we deal with corpses?

The Aag seem to have continued their march of advancement. Many of the new inventions are centered around the Saag, utilizing their abilities to better perform some simple labors. Commonly, tools are specially made for the Saag, taking size into account

Lithus/Luthus prayers:
Disgruntled Ant: Why don't we see any progress? Everything stays the same but who we are fighting!
Maag/Wolf: Can me and my brothers survive without heat and light? I want our wolf-sides to help our nation in times like this!
Dwarf: We have been progressing like a cart going downhill! We must be the most advanced race by now, and I challenge anyone to say otherwise!

The souls ambling around the Void are ambling around the Void.

Uztot's prayers:
Human: Who is the true God of Blood, you or Iliseth?
Maag Father: Oh great Uztot, bless my newborn!
Maag: Should I consider all of society my kin?

Iliseth spends her spare time glaring at the dying, a man drowning to death in an overflowing river. His soul seems to simply leave the body with no change. Mavnons pacts do not change the soul. The souls do not respawn to her shouting.

Lithus/Luthus order(s?) the souls of their followers to follow them if they are bored. Several dozen souls seem to conjugate around him, but do not follow him if he moves too far away, hanging to him loosely like water. They all fall off far before reaching the planet fragments. You can't seem to tell which souls where your followers and which where not. No living people follow you in the souls  :P.

Huon, while bringing his waterproof clothing to a Dwarf settlement, is pestered by Nilva! He is forced out of his nice, waterproof close and into short shorts and a sleeveless shirt. And, oddly enough, sleeves and stockings that cover the areas that would be exposed by that clothing. He quickly runs inside and curls up next to a Hearth-Spirit inhabited fire, immediately pulling off all his cloths and throwing them in the fire (after taking note to use the ideas when there is a market for it...). He spends the next week finding anything even remotely related to Nilva and throwing it into his fire-friend, then warming himself on the heat it produces while figuring out how to write "I HATE NILVA!" into all the cloths he produces. Near the end, once he has the designs finalized, he makes some first drafts of "incorporeal cloths" on his new friend's suggestion. The sketches are, of course, no sleeves and short shorts.

Char creates a couple thousand Doogans! They don't find the rain particularly hospitable, and quickly find caves to keep out of it. A handful of Dragons join them, neither is a particularly numerous race. They seem to be developing many of the things the other races have access to incredibly quickly...(Char-7E, -5P)

I don't think I need to define pyromancy, but tell me if I must).

It needs to be both defined and created to be useful. Currently, it doesn't exist.

Hundreds-if not thousands- of Leaders, from every race, meet their end! The more powerful the leader, the more likely they are to be targeted. The Councilmen of the Maag, the Tribal Leaders of the Humans, even the Alphas of the Ants all simply parish! Many mighty animals seem to fall as well, some of the largest megafauna dropping in the rain. Many of the races are put into turmoil, as they try to deal with the rain crises at the same time as this. Who could have done such a thing?

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:22:11 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hundreds-if not thousands- of Leaders, from every race, meet their end! The more powerful the leader, the more likely they are to be targeted. The Councilmen of the Maag, the Tribal Leaders of the Humans, even the Alphas of the Ants all simply parish! Many mighty animals seem to fall as well, some of the largest megafauna dropping in the rain. Many of the races are put into turmoil, as they try to deal with the rain crises at the same time as this. Who could have done such a thing?

((Didn't jbg cancel his action? And even if he didn't, there was a bunch of people spending energy to stop him.))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

((Didn't jbg cancel his action? And even if he didn't, there was a bunch of people spending energy to stop him.))
((Secret action most probably. Stirk, could I get a update on what ant society is currently like now all the Alphas were killed? Is there still fighting?))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

((What makes you think it was him? It may or may not have been a secret action that I am not allowed to talk about.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Use essence to teach the Maag how to make telescopes.

Order my prophet to make great permanent portals connecting the three world-fragments together. Portals are to be located just outside the largest settlements on each fragment. Use 3 power to shove wildlife through portals and incapacitate them at the locations where the portals are to be created, so my prophet can use them as sacrifices to create the portals.

Try listening to prayers again. Is something interfering, making me unable to hear them? Or do I just really have no one praying to me? Either way this is highly worrying. INVESTIGATE!

Observe ant society. They are probably not keeping to my edict of no fighting between ants allowed yes?

((Wait the power-made dwarves have persisted beyond one tick?))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:31:36 am by Demonic Spoon »

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It needs to be both defined and created to be useful. Currently, it doesn't exist.
I hereby Create pyromancy, the ability to create and manipulate (including putting it out) fire and teach it to the Droogans. Use my remaining E and then crux to do this.
Retired/Extended Sigs

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

((You messed up with the bolding~))

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"Capital! The mortals will learn now; they have to when faced with such duress. Would reflect badly on their parents if they did not..."

"Speaking of which, I suppose a few children of my own would be an interesting sideproject."

4E (if this isn't enough, just make as much as possible):Create 4000 Durazni. Non-sentient automatons that simply follow the mental orders of their assigned master. This is chosen by Mavnon. When in use, Durazni are physical extensions of their master, maintaining all magical or physical blessings. Durazni are agile, made of flexible but durable crystal and reproduce by budding. They feed via photosynthesis. Order the Durazni to serve Clan Rilem's Regent.
2E: Create 2000 Clan Rilem Dwarves. Near identical to other dwarves, Clan Rilem are easily identified by their amber skin and almond-shaped eyes. They also happen to detest alcohol. Clan Rilem is ruled by the Regent and the Council of 11. They are to rule until a true King/Queen presents themselves to Mavnon. Plop them somewhere pleasant near the human and dwarven frontiers. Ensure that they are settled in a high elevation area.

Teach Clan Rilem all basic technology.
Teach Ritual magic to Clan Rilem.
Tell 5 of them to take up Portal Magic and gather as much knowledge as possible from the Ritualstones. Inform them of what they are, what they do and the nearby Saplings. Keep doing this until they exhaust all mortal knowledge. Encourage them to learn metalworking via the Ritualstones if they don't already have it.
Order Clan Rilem to set up the first nation-state; all lands claimed by Clan Rilem are owned by the Clan in perpetuity. This is to be guaranteed by further peaceful expansion into surrounding areas. All excess growth is to be directed to smaller hamlets away from the Mountainhome. Any encountered settlements are to be offered membership of the Clan. If refused, maintain friendly relations as well as trade.

Investigate the Ritualstones, specifically the one Illyria senses 'Nothing' in.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:18:40 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Why am I not surprised this pleases you?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"I would be surprised if you did not. But think of it this way: the mortals will now have to learn or perish. They will advance by force by their own wills, not by what we have given to them..."

Mavnon looked out towards Iliseth, with the souls arund her.

"And truly, why does it matter if a mortal dies? Their soul lives on; only their body is lost. Nothing more."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 137