Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244463 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #360 on: May 30, 2015, 06:17:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Could you put our spheres next to our names inside parentheses? It would be helpful in knowing what spheres our gods have at a glance at least until we get used to them.
Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 30, 2015, 06:19:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Could you put our spheres next to our names inside parentheses? It would be helpful in knowing what spheres our gods have at a glance at least until we get used to them.
Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

I've already put a list of everyone's character sheet here.
You could probably use that. That's what I do.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 30, 2015, 06:21:09 pm »

Yup, that's currently what I'm doing. I'd prefer not to have to visit an entirely different thread just to glance at the spheres of the god I'm talking to. Also, newbies would have trouble finding that post.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 30, 2015, 06:26:52 pm »

Also, newbies would have trouble finding that post.

That's actually a good point. Stirk, would you mind linking my list to the op? That might be useful for others.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 30, 2015, 06:29:33 pm »

$$$ANSWERS CONTINUED
Item specific Spirit: 6-8E (Not counting discount). 19th century guns may have to be invented first, to avoid having people with revolvers and Gatling guns cutting down sword wielding enemies. Angels and Gods can use any "tech level" of weapon at any time.
Immortal (granted to Mortal): 1-2E (includes advanced skills, no magic powers. Can still be slayed. Not counting discount.)
Immortal (directly made): 1-3E (includes advanced skills, more directly controlled then mortal, can still be slayed, not counting discount)
Mood changing comets: 2-3E

Ok, so some mortals simply have to have knowledge of guns (and have made at the very least a prototype) for this arms-dealer spirit to be useful?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 30, 2015, 06:30:03 pm »

$$$ANSWERS CONTINUED
Item specific Spirit: 6-8E (Not counting discount). 19th century guns may have to be invented first, to avoid having people with revolvers and Gatling guns cutting down sword wielding enemies. Angels and Gods can use any "tech level" of weapon at any time.
Immortal (granted to Mortal): 1-2E (includes advanced skills, no magic powers. Can still be slayed. Not counting discount.)
Immortal (directly made): 1-3E (includes advanced skills, more directly controlled then mortal, can still be slayed, not counting discount)

Ok, so some mortals simply have to have knowledge of guns (and have made at the very least a prototype) for this arms-dealer spirit to be useful?
Unwilling information uploads is a go?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2015, 06:32:05 pm »

Considering we can create mortals with their thoughts wired (as default) in such a way that they worship us, it's entirely possible we could start them off with technological knowledge. I think I'll create humans with medieval tech in mind.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2015, 06:35:14 pm »

$$$ANSWERS CONTINUED

Unwilling information uploads is a go?

Almost. Whereas other gods curse mortals with a stonegaze or eternal torture in the stars, Mavnon makes them sell guns for cheap cheap prices.

Cursed mortal: Sacrifice a goat now, and get a shotgun free! Please. I need to meet my quota. The boss get's really pissed. If guns aren't your thing, commit your firstborn child to Mavnon, and we'll give ya your very own army of the undead without premium!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:37:32 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 30, 2015, 06:35:45 pm »

That's actually a good point. Stirk, would you mind linking my list to the op? That might be useful for others.

I did that a while ago, in the OP of this thread.

And now I am a hundred posts behind  :'(.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 30, 2015, 06:38:26 pm »

$$$
Price check for shapeshifting spirits of fire who bond to and protect hearths?

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 30, 2015, 06:40:41 pm »

I did that a while ago, in the OP of this thread.

And now I am a hundred posts behind  :'(.

Didn't notice, thanks.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 30, 2015, 06:44:44 pm »

$$$
A device that transmits the arguments between gods into a single statue which broadcasts the arguments for surrounding listeners.
A small indestructible room on a planet that has a constant illusion enchantment controlled by Mavnon.
Price check the Mad Moon

Spoiler:  Mad Moon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 07:33:58 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 30, 2015, 06:44:55 pm »

$$$
Price check on Iliseth, Nilva, Gai-gen, and Uztot creating a solar system with a spherical sun, Earth-like planets with wildlife orbiting the sun, one Luna-like moon orbiting each of the planets, and a default reincarnation system that cycles sapient souls between the two worlds but as a default rather than enforced rule
Price check on a world-creation artifact powered by Power
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:48:10 pm by Andres »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 30, 2015, 06:51:52 pm »

Better get on it, boys.

For reference, each point of Essence or two points of Power put into the Star-Seed nets you one vote. I get one extra vote to be used only in case of a tie, since I was the one who made it first.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 30, 2015, 06:58:13 pm »

Better get on it, boys.

For reference, each point of Essence or two points of Power put into the Star-Seed nets you one vote. I get one extra vote to be used only in case of a tie, since I was the one who made it first.

So is it going to choose the shape of the world or just the sun?

(And also, micelus, your text color makes it unreadable)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 166