Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244918 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2015, 12:48:51 pm »

$$$

Price check on a gear-shaped world, with a sun on one edge of the gear(not the flat bit, the jagged), with the gear rotating to allow the sun to heat all of the world.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2015, 12:50:28 pm »

$$$

Price check on a gear-shaped world, with a sun on one edge of the gear(not the flat bit, the jagged), with the gear rotating to allow the sun to heat all of the world.
Just as a FYI, that'd have zero support from me.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2015, 12:57:36 pm »

By an arc I mean a crescent with fatter ends, essentially. A type of Lune, basically, three dimensional.

Partially because I don't really like the idea of a spiral sun. Just seems strange and without real purpose.

Also, we did check the price of torus planet. Same as a normal planet if you want it to have the same amount of space.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:59:28 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2015, 01:01:15 pm »

Umm, what do you mean exactly? I was thinking players just say how much essence they'll be putting into specific projects when they decide to do so.

That is one system that will work. If everyone uses a different system, I will be completely confused  :-\.

$$$ANSWER
Growing planet: Variable on size of the planet. ~Maybe 20-40E for each earth size (Creation etc). Once again, the planet will have enough room for everything without needing to grow.
Millennium: 10-30E
Keep in mind that with % growths, things get absurdly big absurdly quickly.
Yes: The answer was it varies with the size.
[Torus planet:20-30E, same as a normal habitable rocky planet, assuming it is relatively the size of Earth. +4-10 for every extra "earth" size. (Etc, etc bonuses)]

Putting all price checks in OP: I don't think that is a good idea. We are two days in and it would already be swamped to the point of being useless for the intended purpose, and that is just between you and Andres  :P.

EDIT: Kept forgetting to ask this. What do the price ranges like e.g. 2-4 for portal magic system mean? You can spend the minimum of 2 essence for a barebones crappy product, up to the maximum of 4 for a deluxe model with all the bells and whistles? Or does it mean something else?

A price check with a - means that it is random and rolled between those two numbers. 2-4E means that it could be 2,3, or 4 essence depending on how lucky you are with your rolls.

$$$ANSWERS CONT

Gear-shaped world with sun capable of supporting life: 35-55E for Earth Size (Creation ETC)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2015, 01:03:57 pm »

By an arc I mean a crescent with fatter ends, essentially. A type of Lune, basically, three dimensional.

Partially because I don't really like the idea of a spiral sun. Just seems strange and without real purpose.

Also, we did check the price of torus planet. Same as a normal planet if you want it to have the same amount of space.
Arc seems weirder and with even less purpose than spiral sun honestly. Mostly since I can't get myself to properly visualize what it would look like. Request three-dimensional picture.

EDIT: Kept forgetting to ask this. What do the price ranges like e.g. 2-4 for portal magic system mean? You can spend the minimum of 2 essence for a barebones crappy product, up to the maximum of 4 for a deluxe model with all the bells and whistles? Or does it mean something else?
A price check with a - means that it is random and rolled between those two numbers. 2-4E means that it could be 2,3, or 4 essence depending on how lucky you are with your rolls.
I'll be honest. It's kind of annoying that the prices are somewhat random. No, very annoying. But ugh, fine. It makes calculating how much essence to give for group creations an absolute pain though, unless everyone has to contribute exactly the same equal amount of essence, meaning we can't specify "contribute 2 essence" or stuff like that, since we don't know what the actual price of the creation will be.

Also, we can't make the fullest use out of our available essence since we can't properly spend it on multiple stuff since the prices are random.

So annoying.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:07:52 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 30, 2015, 01:08:19 pm »

I can't draw well and I don't have a scanner. I really don't see how a short 3-D crescent is stranger than a spiral. When part of the torus is closer to the fat part, it's summer. When it's on the other side, it's winter.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:10:06 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2015, 01:09:52 pm »

I can't draw and I don't have a scanner. I really don't see how a short 3-D crescent is stranger than a spiral. When part of the torus is closer to the fat part, it's summer. When it's on the other side, it's winter.
What is with the fixation on seasons a couple of gods seem to have anyway? They don't really add anything significant imo.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 30, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »

I disagree. Partially because otherwise there's no real way to measure time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2015, 01:14:24 pm »

Why is measuring time important?

I mean for mortals. We have a god who does that.

Having civilizations where time is a very fluid concept seem like it'd be pretty interesting imo.

Also, if you want time measurement, a day night cycle would work better than seasons. Would be simple enough to set up. Have some plates orbiting the sun, casting a moving shadow over the torus as they circle around the sun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2015, 01:20:47 pm »

I finished a very crappy barebone map. There is no details on it because I figured everyone will choose where they want geological features later. If anyone feels like making a better version, feel free. And since I'm terrible at making maps, that thing probably won't improve much.
Spoiler: Monster (click to show/hide)

Edit: I just thought that making it as a long strip would've been easier. I'll try to redo it that way.

Edit2: And also, I'll be able to make each potion larger, allowing to add stuff like oceans and mountains more easily.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:25:55 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2015, 01:21:42 pm »

I'll be honest. It's kind of annoying that the prices are somewhat random. No, very annoying. But ugh, fine. It makes calculating how much essence to give for group creations an absolute pain though, unless everyone has to contribute exactly the same equal amount of essence, meaning we can't specify "contribute 2 essence" or stuff like that, since we don't know what the actual price of the creation will be.

Also, we can't make the fullest use out of our available essence since we can't properly spend it on multiple stuff since the prices are random.

So annoying.

Ohwell. I will be sure to take that into consideration when/if I update the system.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2015, 01:22:25 pm »

Having civilizations where time is a very fluid concept seem like it'd be pretty interesting imo.

Also, if you want time measurement, a day night cycle would work better than seasons. Would be simple enough to set up. Have some plates orbiting the sun, casting a moving shadow over the torus as they circle around the sun.
Ah, but day/night means growth won't happen as quickly, whereas seasons mean there can be germination time, growing time, seeding time...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2015, 01:24:11 pm »

Also, is that cost for a planet that can grow or just the addition of growth, Stirk?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2015, 01:25:33 pm »

Ah, but day/night means growth won't happen as quickly, whereas seasons mean there can be germination time, growing time, seeding time...
Why is it necessary for growth to be divided up like that? Have it happen all at once in a riotous explosion of life.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2015, 01:27:13 pm »

Also, is that cost for a planet that can grow or just the addition of growth, Stirk?

Addition. Like I said, 1% growth is an absurd amount.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 166