Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244374 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (15/⊕∵↯)
« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2015, 02:59:39 am »

$$$

Price check on creating a lesser spirit that when petitioned (i.e, directing prayers toward Mavnon) by mortals, generates a stack of 19th century guns  directly adjacent to the mortal?

Price check on a corporeal immortal being that offers mortals various weapons and secrets pertaining to their enemies in exchange for worship directed to it and Mavnon?

Price check on creating 12 small comets that orbit a planet and when all are visible, those birthed at the time grow up to be naturally ambitious, paranoid or aggressive?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:02:49 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2015, 04:00:40 am »

Hexagon in upper left is Liram, purple circle at 4-o'clock with a suspiciously fork-looking scepter is Patronius. Symbol ordering has changed from order of join dates to completely arbitrary, because I'm lazy.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2015, 04:03:31 am »

You know, Uztot's symbol was a literal rush job. The only reason I haven't presented a proper one is because that version was somehow the best one I could make. Feel free to make it look prettier.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2015, 04:08:43 am »

I have no idea what it's supposed to represent, so I can't really make drastic changes to it. I actually hand-copied it and Iliseth's symbol (but not Liram's, which I just cut-and-pasted) and followed the verbal descriptions of others as best I could without spending too much time on each one. Lithus/Luthus' symbol probably took the longest time to draw, as I couldn't find a way to efficiently make a spiral in my image editor.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2015, 04:10:27 am »

Looks good. Nice work, guys.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:51:46 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2015, 04:38:11 am »

I have no idea what it's supposed to represent, so I can't really make drastic changes to it.
The oval inside the shape is supposed to be a circle and the whole thing is supposed to be symmetrical along a y-axis. Aside from that, you've pretty much got it.

EDIT: Looking back on it you got the circle thing right.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:41:44 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2015, 04:46:44 am »

What is that symbol supposed to be anyway Andres?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2015, 05:15:37 am »

It's just a shape. It's not meant to resemble anything.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2015, 10:21:38 am »

So it begins.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2015, 10:25:11 am »

IC's up.

I'd envisioned a wider canopy, Cim, but it looks really clean and nice as it is.

I kinda find it funny you think I'll get along with monsters and nightmares, though I suppose it makes a certain amount of sense. Monsters like to be big, after all...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2015, 10:33:37 am »

As I mentioned earlier, my symbol could be simplified a lot, since the design I showed is much simpler that what you did.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2015, 10:42:55 am »

Quote from: Stirk
Quote from: Demonic Spoon
Stirk, if I used power to rip holes in the fabric of space, would the holes themselves be permanent?
Didn't I answer it already? Oh. I thought I did. "Shrug".
Umm, if you were talking about my magic barrier questions, this was a unrelated question. I want to mess up space by making holes in it, which isn't connected to me wanting to smash a hole in the magicwall blocking off the magic.

I thought you might have confused the two since you answered both with "shrug".

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2015, 10:52:59 am »

Okay, but how am I supposed to specify the strength then? Could you give me some examples please? I need something to work with here.

Fair question. Using your portals as an example, if the average user can make a more-or-less permanent portal that leads an absurd distance with some difficulty, it would be a "strong" magic that would require more essence to make and would have more difficulties as a trade off. If it takes a hundred magic users to achieve the same goal, it might become "medium", a good bit cheaper will less drawbacks. If it can only make temporary portals a few miles away at most, then it might be "weak", cheaper and less risky. It is more on a scale then that, but I hope this helps a bit  :-\.

With the magic, your character will have to find out a little bit more to make a "perfect" system. !SCIENCE! was one of the most fun parts of Ye Gods, I don't want to dump all the information to the point you have nothing to find out IC  :P.

So if something that takes a certain amount of time before it can be used is cheaper than something that can be used instantly, does that mean we can get a cheaper price on a sun if we just created a nebula and wait for a few Ticks? Can we then speed that process up with Power?

No. "Cheaper with more time" only counts after Creation, since it is already taking millennium. The general concept is that you can't use it for several ticks, making it less useful. This matters less when nobody would be able to do anything anyway. If you are at war and have to wait 3 ticks for your sword, that is a genuine problem that can become a discount. If everyone has to wait 3 days to play, that is just boring penny pinching.

Is there some way we can get constellations with actual magical properties like their were in Ye Gods for free? Any god could make them at any time for free and they'd have actual magical properties.

Nothing is free.

Do souls have the same lethality/blast radius they had in Ye Gods? (3.736 metres killing radius/minimum blast radius)

KJP was pretty clear that you pulled that number out of your but  ::).

$$$ANSWERS

Laser Eye humans-7-8E
I already warned you that we do have an Expy rule.
Mega beast: Depends on abilities and capabilities.
Hydras: I can't find what they where  :-\
Talking Cats: 4-5E assuming human-level intelligence came with talking.
Combat Enhanced Angel: 6-8E
"Unique" tag doesn't exist as of now in Litany.
Soul Gun: Depends on capabilities. Normal Godly Weapon quality:3E/1P
Cheapskate Forge: (? ? ?)
Even Cheaper-skate Forge (? ? ?)
Name: Patronius.
Spheres: Leadership and Avarice.
Primary Form: A towering, obese man adorned with purple robes and a gleaming crown, inset with jewels of all kinds. Emits a faint yellow light and wields a silver scepter, which is tipped with a crown.
Associated Symbol: A golden scepter tipped with a crown (the same scepter he carries with him) on a background of purple.
Description/Background: Watchful and protective of rulers and their ilk, his goals are to safeguard those who rule over civilization. He is also tremendously greedy, and pushes for rulers and other worshippers to take from others; this makes him supportive of wars and expansion. His ultimate desire is for a single civilization headed by a single eternal ruler.

It really isn't too complicated, and accepted! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask. I already put you in the game.

$$$ANSWERS CONTINUED
Item specific Spirit: 6-8E (Not counting discount). 19th century guns may have to be invented first, to avoid having people with revolvers and Gatling guns cutting down sword wielding enemies. Angels and Gods can use any "tech level" of weapon at any time.
Immortal (granted to Mortal): 1-2E (includes advanced skills, no magic powers. Can still be slayed. Not counting discount.)
Immortal (directly made): 1-3E (includes advanced skills, more directly controlled then mortal, can still be slayed, not counting discount)
Mood changing comets: 2-3E
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2015, 10:58:34 am »

Item specific Spirit: 6-8E (Not counting discount). 19th century guns may have to be invented first, to avoid having people with revolvers and Gatling guns cutting down sword wielding enemies.
Why do we want to avoid this exactly? Divine weaponry being of a higher tech level seems appropriate and makes them sufficiently "divine", plus tech disparities are fun. It'd make sense for the weapons to be progressively more costly the farther they are from the existing tech levels though.

Fair question. Using your portals as an example, if the average user can make a more-or-less permanent portal that leads an absurd distance with some difficulty, it would be a "strong" magic that would require more essence to make and would have more difficulties as a trade off. If it takes a hundred magic users to achieve the same goal, it might become "medium", a good bit cheaper will less drawbacks. If it can only make temporary portals a few miles away at most, then it might be "weak", cheaper and less risky. It is more on a scale then that, but I hope this helps a bit  :-\.
What exactly do you mean by difficulties, drawbacks and risks here? The stronger the magic is, the more likely using it is to go horribly wrong? Like the portal actually leading to a hell dimension, or the portal exploding or what?

Reposting in case you missed it. Just want to confirm you didn't think I was asking the same question again.
Quote from: Demonic Spoon
Stirk, if I used power to rip holes in the fabric of space, would the holes themselves be permanent?
Didn't I answer it already? Oh. I thought I did. "Shrug".
Umm, if you were talking about my magic barrier questions, this was a unrelated question. I want to mess up space by making holes in it, which isn't connected to me wanting to smash a hole in the magicwall blocking off the magic.

I thought you might have confused the two since you answered both with "shrug".
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:07:16 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2015, 11:00:59 am »

Teburshe can be persuaded by arguments that appeal to his principles. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 166