Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should we proceed?

End Litany, start a Brand New Version!
- 10 (40%)
Pretend nothing had happened. Continue on as normal.
- 3 (12%)
Timeskip sleep to Modern Times!
- 11 (44%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 166

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯) (OOC)  (Read 244343 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (16/⊕∵↯) (OOC)
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2015, 11:05:28 am »

Teburshe can be persuaded by arguments that appeal to his principles. :P
That's what I've been trying to do. Not sure how well I'm doing at that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2015, 11:08:45 am »

You've done a fairly good job. You've forced him to think about what he actually could do with a Torus planet,and how he could get growth to be everywhere, even where it's difficult. And as we all know, the harder something is to do, the more it feels like an accomplishment when you've succeeded.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2015, 11:10:41 am »

"...Life...difficult to sustain under such conditions....but...suppose...possible....
Compromise? Growing Torus. One one-hundredths growth every one hundred cycles around arc-sun? New material at closest and farthest 'edges' from sun...avoids disrupting buildings and life already present...."

For whatever reason I'm not quite comprehending what you're suggesting here. Could you please clarify OOC for me?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2015, 11:14:02 am »

1% Growth every hundred years, the new land or whatever appears at the inside portion/'edge' closest to the sun and the outside portion/'edge' farthest from sun, in a similar way to how the rifts at the bottom of the ocean spit up new material that shoves continents to either side. That way, buildings don't have their foundations split beneath them and the like.

So. Forest of mechanical towers. Who else likes the idea?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 30, 2015, 11:14:33 am »

$$$ANSWERS (IC)
Spiral/Arc Sun of glowing Gems: Same price as normal Spiral sun ((Creation, etc etc) (20-35E total))

Why do we want to avoid this exactly? Divine weaponry being of a higher tech level seems appropriate and makes them sufficiently "divine", plus tech disparities are fun. It'd make fun for the weapons to be progressively more costly the farther they are from the existing tech levels.

Divine weapons and artifacts can be of any "tech level" the creator wishes, thus Gods and their servants (Basically anybody who is important. Don't know why I just said Angels earlier). After all, it isn't like there is too much difference from a staff that shoots fire and a divine flamethrower. The weapons created by this spirit, however, would only be mortal quality and not special in any real way, since almost anyone who asks can get one.

What exactly do you mean by difficulties, drawbacks and risks here? The stronger the magic is, the more likely using it is to go horribly wrong? Like the portal actually leading to a hell dimension, or the portal exploding or what?

It simply means I have permission to make things mess up in some way  :P. Those are all possibilities. Casualties are likely, though more commonly it will probably be things like "The user used up all his lifeforce attempting this spell and died", with things like that saved for more important events.
Umm, if you were talking about my magic barrier questions, this was a unrelated question. I want to mess up space by making holes in it, which isn't connected to me wanting to smash a hole in the magicwall blocking off the magic.

I thought you might have confused the two since you answered both with "shrug".

*Shrug*  :P

I did confuse the two, but that is still the answer  :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #305 on: May 30, 2015, 11:15:40 am »

1% Growth every hundred years, the new land or whatever appears at the inside portion/'edge' closest to the sun and the outside portion/'edge' farthest from sun, in a similar way to how the rifts at the bottom of the ocean spit up new material that shoves continents to either side. That way, buildings don't have their foundations split beneath them and the like.

So. Forest of mechanical towers. Who else likes the idea?

I like the sound of this.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 30, 2015, 11:24:37 am »

DemonicSpoon, it would grow all of the regions. It would still be a torus shape. New material would appear in the hottest of the hot regions and the coldest of the cold.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2015, 11:27:10 am »

DemonicSpoon, it would grow all of the regions. It would still be a torus shape. New material would appear in the hottest of the hot regions and the coldest of the cold.
Oh, I think I get it now. So the new material shoves older material into the temperate zones?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 30, 2015, 11:30:33 am »

Yep. But since it's still a torus, it should keep the general ratios more or less the same size.

And yes, far more readable.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2015, 11:32:08 am »

"I support the growing torus, it will allow for my future children to have much unexplored land to hide and thrive."

While the other gods are busy talking and such, I would like to create a tiny jumping spider and place it upon my head, it shall be called Ewuobuhr, the first of creation, and the first of my children.
Lol

EDIT: I think I'll be switching from purple to black actually, to be more in line with my symbol.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:35:31 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2015, 11:51:46 am »

Pricechecking time!

$$$
Strong Strength Portal magic system with standard Ease of Access (anyone who can use magic can use it. I believe that's standard?). Powered by a combination of lifeforce and memories, either that of the caster or designated living sacrifices.
How much of a discount to creating it would I be getting from my Magic and Portal spheres?

EDIT: Ugh, what's it with me and doubleposting in this thread? I keep accidentally doing that. Will do my best to curb this habit in the future.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:56:24 am by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2015, 12:01:58 pm »

Pricechecking time!

$$$
Strong Strength Portal magic system with standard Ease of Access (anyone who can use magic can use it. I believe that's standard?). Powered by a combination of lifeforce and memories, either that of the caster or designated living sacrifices.
How much of a discount to creating it would I be getting from my Magic and Portal spheres?

EDIT: Ugh, what's it with me and doubleposting in this thread? I keep accidentally doing that. Will do my best to curb this habit in the future.

$$$ANSWER
Portal magic as described: 5-7E (Not counting), 2-4E (Counting duel sphere bonus)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2015, 12:30:44 pm »

Quote from: Stirk
(For the record, as there are sixteen players and Creation is one of the most important times, I will put off any huge creations until the next tick anyway. We should probably do something so I know who is putting what to what...)
Umm, what do you mean exactly? I was thinking players just say how much essence they'll be putting into specific projects when they decide to do so.

For example:

"Izgamlo invests two essence into the creation of a spiral sun
Izgamlo invests two essence into the creation of a growing torus planet"

Which reminds me

$$$
Adding the characteristic of growing 1% of it's total size even century to a torus planet?
As above, but millennium instead of century.
Did we pricecheck a torus planet before? In any case, please state/repeat the price. To prevent price requesting repeats, I recommend listing all prices provided so far in the op (divided into categories to improve ease of looking through it. E.G. Animals, Sapient Races, Objects, Celestial Bodies)

I can throw up a summary of all prices provided so far for you to copypasta into op if you like.

EDIT: Kept forgetting to ask this. What do the price ranges like e.g. 2-4 for portal magic system mean? You can spend the minimum of 2 essence for a barebones crappy product, up to the maximum of 4 for a deluxe model with all the bells and whistles? Or does it mean something else?

EDIT2:
Quote from: Rolepgeek
"When compromise was proposed...suggested arc sun...Why spiral? Arc sun allows...seasons...variety...change....slight but present....spiral seems...unnecessary...overcomplicated....odd...unstable...and so on..."
What the what? I'm assuming by "arc" you mean a sphere? Or a hemipshere? How would either of those two allows seasons?

Also, not seeing why a spiral would be either overcomplicated or unstable.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:46:16 pm by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2015, 12:46:58 pm »

Just for clarification, when we are talking about a spiral sun, are we talking of the model I proposed here, or are we talking of a conventional spiral?
And also, I'd like a clarification as of what the "arc" sun would look like too.

Edit: And also, I think I'll try to draw a crude map of the torus world to make it easier to determine where we are going to settle our respective species in relation to each other.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:49:39 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2015, 12:47:55 pm »

The model you proposed. I even linked it in one of my ic posts.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 166