Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Paladin (TSG): Deus Vult  (Read 4438 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin (TSG)
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 04:58:36 pm »

If we're unturning undead, wouldn't we just be turning them back to life? We are giving them life after all.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 05:07:42 pm »

If we're unturning undead, wouldn't we just be turning them back to life? We are giving them life after all.
Gm says they all die.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 05:15:42 pm »

Well what if we figure out a way to undie them? We would be with Life afterall.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2015, 06:03:11 pm »

Dorf Hammerer/Judge Dredd build:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2015, 08:17:05 pm »

undead cant be brought to live as i know. They are already alive.
i mean they hAve another substance to live, not blood and soul.
more like magic i think
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2015, 08:22:16 pm »

No, undead aren't alive.

There's a sliding scale of life:

Living. Dead. Undead.

Life magic slides the scale left. Death magic slides the scale right. Which is why death magic results in undead and why life magic hurts undead.

So if we life them to death, and then life them some more, they might come back.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 05:10:22 am »

maybe its rule from this forum, but overall its false. Totally false.
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2015, 05:12:23 am »

No? Delekates, commonly in fiction, undead are literally the opposite of life, with death being merely the absence of life. Or some such.

Almost never are undead seen as truly alive, at best it's a twisted mockery of life.

Undeath is often also referred to as Unlife for example. (At least I think it is. That little factoid popped up in my mind while I was writing this post.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:25:56 am by Demonic Spoon »

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 05:25:06 am »

No? Delekates, commonly in fiction, undead are literally the opposite of life, with death being merely the absence of life. Or some such.

Almost never are undead seen as truly alive, at best it's a twisted mockery of life.

Undeath is often also referred to as Unlife for example. (At least I think it is. That little factoid popped up in my mind while I was writing this post.
+1 I agree with this 👍🏻

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2015, 06:17:52 am »

It's not the rule of this forum and I disagree with Kevak to an extent. For me, while undead are actually dead, they're between life and death, not past it. To be more detailed, though, undead are neither living nor dead, they're kinda their own thing.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 06:25:06 am »

((You guys can try literally anything to accomplish your goals. They'd make fun sidequests.))

Getting up from your cot, you stretch (as far as you can, anyway) your sore limbs. The crowded tunnel you've camped in seems to be getting smaller, as if that was possible. Maybe you just need to get out into the open. The un-rats are scurrying along the pipes again, and as usual it echoes three times as loud.

Unwrapping the Holy Icon from the burlap cloth, a flat, metallic square with various wordings in the old language, you place it into your sackcloth robes. You wrap your cot and fasten it to your rucksack. Taking in a deep breath of fresh sewer stink, you are ready to begin your day.

Nights ago, a blind man came to you in the street. He handed you the Icon, and instructed you to bring back the God of Life and right what was wronged. You've seen him sparsely, short glimpses from across the streets, or through neighboring windows. Every time you tried to contact him he disappeared. The last you saw of him was when he descended into these sewers. You followed him last night, and after hours of fruitless searching, you decided to let day come and use what little light poked through to help you.

From where you camped, you can go North, West, and South.

Code: [Select]
....||....
|.......0=
....||....

0=You
==Ladder
|=Exit

Name: Stone
Race: Cyborg

Starting Gear:
-Holy Icon
-Medkit

Prepared spells:
-Transfer Life (Take and give life. Take a health state from a source or yourself and give that health state to yourself or someone else. Three times per use.)
-Retribution (Designate a target. When that target is damaged, the damage is redirected to the attacker. Two times per use.)

Known spells:
-Transfer Life (Take and give life. Take a health state from a source or yourself and give that health state to yourself or someone else. Three times per use.)
-Blinding Light (Cause everyone but you to become blinded. When not in use, provides light indefinitely until used.)
-Inspire (Through words or actions, your allies gain a +1 bonus to their next roll. Three times per use.)
-Smite (Immediately cause one damage to target's health without having to roll. Melee. Two times per use.)
-Chain (Keeps the target in place until freed by the Paladin. Cannot be broken.)
-Clairvoyance (Shows the correct doors to go through.)
-Retribution (Designate a target. When that target is damaged, the damage is redirected to the attacker. Two times per use.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin (TSG): Deus Vult
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 06:33:59 am »

Go north I guess?

If I knew we were going to start in maze sewers I'd have picked clairvoyance. *sigh*

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 06:35:27 am »

West for the exit.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 06:40:47 am »

West for the exit.
Umm, just in case it isn't clear Andres, there's a exit in the west, north and south walls, and a ladder to the east. You got that right?

If you're just randomly choosing a direction that's fine since that seems to be all we can really do at this point.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 06:57:41 am »

West for the exit.
Umm, just in case it isn't clear Andres, there's a exit in the west, north and south walls, and a ladder to the east. You got that right?

If you're just randomly choosing a direction that's fine since that seems to be all we can really do at this point.
|=Exit
I'm assuming that | and not || means exit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5