Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Paladin (TSG): Deus Vult  (Read 4448 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin (TSG)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 07:19:21 am »

-snip -PALADIN OF LIFE! - omited screaming & zealoutry-
+1

I'm down with this one, even the zealous part. Just a bit lighter on the caps. Else, what to do if we truly get into the zealous swing? Screaming in even bigger letters would be an option, but.. nah.
I thought it'd be funny if we were basically shouting all the time but it's not essential yeah.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 07:33:53 am »

Future rationalisation for killing heathens:
"Those who cast aside the God of Life cast aside life, thus you cannot kill a heathen for they are not truly alive."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 10:40:04 am »

Name:
-Human

Starting Gear:
-Rifle
-Holy Icon

Spells:
-Transfer Life (Take and give life. Take a health state from a source or yourself and give that health state to yourself or someone else. Three times per use.)
-Inspire (Through words or actions, your allies gain a +1 bonus to their next roll. Three times per use.)

God:
-God of Life (Bring back the ability to create true life. Unturn all the undead in Anchor.) (Transfer Health can take vitality from the divine essence within you without harming you.)

Picking Human because we'll be upper-class.
Picking Rifle because guns>everything.
Picking Holy Icon because it's unlikely we'll get another and it'll help with converting people to our side.
Spells+God of Life so we can raise minions/convert people to our cause more easily and play a support character during battles. We are THE paladin and if we die, that's it. We should have other people fight for us while we stay behind them keeping them alive.

I have no idea for gender or name.
+1 Gender male and we have no name

Also rifle doesn't seem very paladin maybe we should get a mace.
+1 Our name is B-5279 but everyone calls us Stone.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 11:44:41 am »

so u need more "testers" or? How many would be able to play?
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 11:53:03 am »

I believe this will be a suggestion game, so single character controlled by multiple posters.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 12:00:02 pm »

Zealousness is for fools, those in power or (most commonly) fools in power. Stealth religion is the way to go.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 12:08:21 pm »

Zealousness is for fools, those in power or (most commonly) fools in power. Stealth religion is the way to go.
I want to play zealous paladin. Would be fun.

Nunzillor

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 12:18:07 pm »

Name: Our name is has been cast off like the unnecessary burden it is! All that matters now is our service to our god! We are known only as the PALADIN OF LIFE!
Race:
-Cyborg (The middle-class. Those who can afford to replace their imperfections with cybernetics.)

THROUGH OUR IMPERFECTIONS WE BECOME SOMETHING GREATER! DEUS VULT!

Starting Gear: (Choose two.)
-Holy Icon
-Medkit

OUR FAITH IS OUR ARMOUR! WE NEED NO WEAPON FOR WE ARE A AGENT OF PEACE!

Spells: (You know all these. Pick two to install for the first day.)
-Transfer Life (Take and give life. Take a health state from a source or yourself and give that health state to yourself or someone else. Three times per use.)
-Retribution (Designate a target. When that target is damaged, the damage is redirected to the attacker. Two times per use.)

LET HE WHO CASTS THE FIRST STONE GET SMITED LIKE THE FILTHY BLASPHEMER HE IS!

God: (Only one can be resurrected.)
-God of Life (Bring back the ability to create true life. Unturn all the undead in Anchor.) (Transfer Health can take vitality from the divine essence within you without harming you.)

LIFE RETURNS TO THIS WORLD! REJOICE YE PEASANTS!
I must +1

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 01:37:39 pm »

this is too hard fo me :D
i dont like controlling 1 char with multiple accs. So guess ill just wait... and watch :P
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 10:30:56 pm »

Name: Our name is has been cast off like the unnecessary burden it is! All that matters now is our service to our god! We are known only as the PALADIN OF LIFE!
Race:
-Cyborg (The middle-class. Those who can afford to replace their imperfections with cybernetics.)

THROUGH OUR IMPERFECTIONS WE BECOME SOMETHING GREATER! DEUS VULT!

Starting Gear: (Choose two.)
-Holy Icon
-Medkit

OUR FAITH IS OUR ARMOUR! WE NEED NO WEAPON FOR WE ARE A AGENT OF PEACE!

Spells: (You know all these. Pick two to install for the first day.)
-Retribution (Designate a target. When that target is damaged, the damage is redirected to the attacker. Two times per use.)

LET HE WHO CASTS THE FIRST STONE GET SMITED LIKE THE FILTHY BLASPHEMER HE IS!

God: (Only one can be resurrected.)

LIFE RETURNS TO THIS WORLD! REJOICE YE PEASANTS!
I must +1
+1

Is this in the same continuity as Wasters (or is it just a similar setting)? I would be disappointed if true life didn't exist in Wasters. By the way, does transfer life have to be done on a willing target? Because if not... Plan Vampadin is a go!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 10:46:30 pm »

PTW
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 06:50:47 am »

Answers to questions:
This is the exact same place as Wasters, except this will have nothing to do with the Wastes. Everything is contained inside Anchor; the dungeons, monsters, and the effects of their dead gods don't affect Oasis and anywhere else in the setting.

Justice god:
You'll see his divine fury when he is resurrected. Probably involves fire. And bullets. You basically have to choose between complete lawlessness where anyone anywhere can die and no one gives two shits, or complete law where jaywalking is punished with hereditary community service.

Undead and monsters:
When you die (like get shot or something), you weren't really alive, so through some magic BS you're undead. You can think and feel fully, but you are always overcome by insatiable bloodlust. They will kill anything without remorse, then cry when they come to their senses and see what they've killed. They also look like zombies and skeletons.

Monsters can't feel or think. They are just manifestations of strife and chaos; rock elementals, giant pests, trolls, etc. They're not animals, plants, or any other type of life since nothing can live. They're practically forces of (un)nature.

Light god:
Banish all the monsters. Personally, this to me is the most B&W, morally, of all three gods. Getting rid of the monsters basically helps everyone and harms no one.

Life god:
All the undead will finally and truly die, but there will be no undead ever again. Also, people can conceive again! Of course, the gene pool is horribly messed up thanks to all that cloning and mutation, but a few generations after and it'll be relatively clean. All the undead communities and families will die though.

Basically, I made for this so that you won't be a paladin of pure good and righteousness, but more a paladin of the lesser evil. This also all applies only to this game. The Shifting Wastes is home to countless of civilizations with their own unique stories.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 06:55:03 am »

The bloodlust, do they only target living things or other undead as well?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 07:01:14 am »

Both.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 07:04:03 am »

Yeah well, then it's a shame, but the undead simply have to go. No wayVery hard to build a stable society if its members randomly enter bloodrages.

EDIT: Mmm, Cheesecake, can you give a official gm ruling if there's good way to help integrate undead into a stable society without wiping them out? I can think of several possible ways but it'd be a drag to have to examine each of them separately atm.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:10:55 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5