Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Scum Victory  (Read 47930 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - D2 Steroids are bad! (7/9)
« Reply #345 on: July 21, 2015, 11:33:03 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 21, 2015, 11:45:57 pm »

Graagh.

If Loud Whispers isn't scum... and it doesn't seem likely now... okay. Here's another Fallacy List.

Scum probability:
ICs:
4maskwolf: not quite active around here... why is it that ICs lurk?
NQT: odd. The fact is that the two ICs have in fact posted much less often than the other players.
This makes it difficult to ascertain their alignment.
~~~
Hunters:
FallacyofUrist: no, I'm not going to write arguments against myself.
Loud Whispers: seemed semi-scummy day 1 because of lack of activity and passiveness, but has made up for it.
Tawarochir: still seemed semi-scummy day 1, but for different reasons- instead of passiveness, he attacked... but didn't post as fast as some others, and his arguments... I tasted weakness on them. He could be scum trying to hide behind averageness.
Urist McCoder: passiveness, weakness, bandwagoning, light touches, and nonsensical arguments- my top scum pick.
~~~
And this guy:
H4zardZ1: I think I can count the number of times he posted D1 on one hand. Lurker.
~~~
The Dead:
Hiddenleafguy: much like Urist McCoder and H4zardZ1, combining the negative traits of both. We lynched him, but unfortunately he turned up town. Noob town.
Graknorke: very effective scum hunter, and if I were the jailer, I'd be protecting him over the ICs(because he was much more active than they were). Skilled town.
~~~

My conclusion is that... okay, at the moment my only conclusion is that Urist McCoder is scum. At least one other player besides myself is scum also. And unfortunately, it seems likely to me that one of the ICs is scum. Would you like to hear my reasoning?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 22, 2015, 12:00:56 am »

Would you like to hear my reasoning?
Sure.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2015, 12:09:18 am »

Okay...

To start with, if we eliminate the probability of the other players being scum, only the ICs are left to be scum.

Assuming I'm town and Urist McCoder's scum, we subtract two players from the seven remaining, then another two(the ICs themselves), leaving three players left. Now if I prove(nearly) these three town, then the only remaining choice is an IC.

Loud Whispers:

snip
After all that, I find it hard to believe Loud Whispers is scum, unless he's willing to put forward an incredible amount of effort.

H4zardZ1 is a lurker- plain and simple- he could be the remaining scum, but that seems unlikely considering he's likely to be targeted for his actions and if he was scum I think he would try to put forward a little more effort to seem more town.

And then there's you, Tawarochir. Although there was a touch of weak scum in your attacks day 1, you've made your peace with your methods and have since improved.
That leaves the ICs.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 22, 2015, 05:45:42 am »

First I will address why I have not defended my self. The only way to prove that I am town is if we have a cop or if I get lynched. So I don't want to waste time trying to prove something I know to be true, when I my argument will likely be ineffectual.

You accuse loudwhispers of bussing.
You consider Urist McCoder to be likely scum? Good to know- likely bussing though. I think it relevant that at the end of the first day, I found hiddenleafguy to have a bit of a "town noob" feel growing, if I had more time in the day I probablywouldhave revoted Urist McCoder.
and then you post this.
Loud Whispers is no longer suspicious to me.
I don't understand how you can post both of these things in the same post.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - D1: Locker Room (9/9)
« Reply #350 on: July 22, 2015, 05:46:47 am »

Fallacy
No, I'm not trying to say I'm scum. I'm just curious why having a large number of votes D1 isn't a scumtell.
Sometimes it can indicate that someone is found suspicious by loads of people but not enough at the same time to be lynched yet. But it's rare that literally everyone votes for someone on D1.

NQT: odd. The fact is that the two ICs have in fact posted much less often than the other players.
This isn't actually true. 4mask and I have a higher overall post count than Loud Whispers and Hazard and my number of posts is only one less than Hiddenleafguy. There are people who haven't appeared yet today but I'm not too concerned about activity levels yet.

My conclusion is that... okay, at the moment my only conclusion is that Urist McCoder is scum. At least one other player besides myself is scum also. And unfortunately, it seems likely to me that one of the ICs is scum. Would you like to hear my reasoning?
Yes, let's hear this reasoning.

Loud Whispers
Did I miss your answer to this somewhere?

The stats aren't everything but they're a very good starting point. These aren't 'superstitions': I have trawled through dozens of games looking at common patterns: the person with the most posts is very very rarely scum. This makes sense as scum player most often play reactively.

Fallacy was voted for every other player except me. Do you think I'm his buddy? If not, then who was bussing him?

Hazard, who do you suspect right now?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 22, 2015, 06:07:44 am »

Everybody: Can each of you please make two lists; one for who you think is scum, from most likely to least likely, and who you think is playing the best, from most likely to least likely? Discounting Grak and HLG, of course.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 22, 2015, 06:15:22 am »

Tawa, explain to me why that isn't just composing a "who would scum mislynch first" and a "who should scum nightkill first" list?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 22, 2015, 06:21:06 am »

If I tell you why I'm composing the list, the scum will be able to alter their lists to skew the results. I'll tell you why if you answer first.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2015, 08:51:24 am »

Do you see that i am suddenly turned offline for a day or two? Replacement. Please please. It's not like i could keep up with all the RL issues.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 22, 2015, 09:59:05 am »

Do you see that i am suddenly turned offline for a day or two? Replacement. Please please. It's not like i could keep up with all the RL issues.
Contacting Shaporia.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - D1: Locker Room (9/9)
« Reply #356 on: July 22, 2015, 06:16:26 pm »

Fallacy

Yes, let's hear this reasoning.
I already posted the reasoning. Just look a few posts back.
(man, this is hard to do on a 3DS.)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 22, 2015, 06:50:43 pm »

Saphoria is unable to replace. If you are reading this and want to replace H4zardZ1, please PM me.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Replacement Needed! (7/9)
« Reply #358 on: July 22, 2015, 08:00:56 pm »

What is bussing? Also I won't hold it against you if you keep attacking everyone else to try and get suspicion off of you FOUrist - in fact I'd go so far as to say that finding someone even more suspicious than you is the only thing which will convince me that I should not vote for you.
Your last paragraph has been very convincing, in so far as to raising the possibility that you are a noob not working good theory into good practice. Nonetheless, I maintain my vote until more suspicious information is found. You seem sincere but you have also given me reason not to trust what you say at face value, and the rest of the evidence has not stopped existing.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LV: Masked Trouble - Replacement Needed! (7/9)
« Reply #359 on: July 22, 2015, 09:20:35 pm »

I'd better Back in for now. I'd explain why this happened: I don't have access to my tablet and it's battery ran out.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35